PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Good, I want us to succeed as a club but I also want corruption and awful people brought to justice 

Those options are mutually exclusive atm unfortunately 

2 minutes ago, NE28 said:

Those options are mutually exclusive atm unfortunately 

Don’t really have an issue with awful people being rooted out of football, just know that it’ll never actually happen on the scale it needs to 

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Don’t really have an issue with awful people being rooted out of football, just know that it’ll never actually happen on the scale it needs to 

I can’t complain at that. Football in this country is rotten to the core. We’re part of the club now though and are going to reap the awards of everything that is wrong so fuck it, might as well just enjoy the ride.

For sure, I can completely detach the football and be a hypocrite almost all the time when it comes to watching the game and wanting us to succeed. It’s great being a hypocrite, I’ll give it that 

19 hours ago, Shak said:

Most seem to think that there's absolutely no way that Yasir will end up testifying.

Ultimately PIF/LIV are the plaintiff in the case against the PGA. If they can't get that decision overturned they'll just drop the lawsuit rather than expose themselves to anything they don't want to.

Difference between how well they've done with Newcastle and what a massive shitshow LIV is is quite striking. Glad we have Stavely running us instead of Greg Norman, I guess :lol:

Well two different business plans - they yearned to be a contributing member of an established PL and are playing ball with their ownership of NUFC and to your point Amanda is the perfect to be the face of our ownership group and deal with the other PL stakeholders. 

LIV on the other hand is a shit show. Designed to disrupt one of America’s most staunchly proud traditions / old boys club - the PGA. It was always heading this way and I’m a little shook the LiV and PIF boys didn’t see this coming. 

54 minutes ago, Kanji said:

If you really want to sports wash, doing LIV is the complete opposite :lol: 

They had no choice though did they. The PGA kept on rejecting having tournaments in Saudi Arabia.

They can obviously buy their way into football, get an F1 race, but the PGA do have an unauthorised monopoly on golf.

Swiss Ramble has released his examination of 2021/22 club finances. 

Bottom line on P&S (FFP) being: -£1m, £104m clear of the limit

Suggests our maximum loss for 2022/23 is 63m

Edited by Jack27

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

But that relates to the three years to 21-22.  21-22 was a £70m loss - so by 23-24 we’d only be able to make a £17m loss in each of the seasons 22-23 and 23-24.  

11 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Suggests our maximum loss for 2022/23 is 63m

Can’t read as he’s become paywall sadly. 

Also, it’s important to understand the accounting loss and the FFP loss are different figures. 

7 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Can’t read as he’s become paywall sadly. 

Also, it’s important to understand the accounting loss and the FFP loss are different figures. 

It’s c. £4.80 a month but that features a 7 day free trial (which you could cancel if minded). I’ve signed up for a month just to read this and as a nod to the value he’s brought over the last ten years or so.

This summer is going to clear up what we can actually do financially.  It could be a huge sponsorship deal for shirt, training ground and stadium.  Or a premier league handcuffed marginal improvement.   If it's the latter next season could be incredibly hard for us.  Potentially balancing Europe with the league with a marginally better squad.  We could easily slip down to mid table.  Making the bigger deals hard to justify again.  The rules set up to maintain the greedy six's dominance are well thought out.  They are not stupid.  We see teams flirt with breaking into it for a year and then really struggle.  I do think/hope we're different but its not going to be easy.  

1 minute ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

This summer is going to clear up what we can actually do financially.  It could be a huge sponsorship deal for shirt, training ground and stadium.  Or a premier league handcuffed marginal improvement.   If it's the latter next season could be incredibly hard for us.  Potentially balancing Europe with the league with a marginally better squad.  We could easily slip down to mid table.  Making the bigger deals hard to justify again.  The rules set up to maintain the greedy six's dominance are well thought out.  They are not stupid.  We see teams flirt with breaking into it for a year and then really struggle.  I do think/hope we're different but its not going to be easy.  

How does it work with premier league ratifying sponsorship deals say if someone wants to sponsor the ground, training ground, shirt etc? Does the premier say “well your income is X and therefore we think they can only sponsor you Y?

26 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

How does it work with premier league ratifying sponsorship deals say if someone wants to sponsor the ground, training ground, shirt etc? Does the premier say “well your income is X and therefore we think they can only sponsor you Y?

I dont know.  Personally I cannot see how they can legally do anything.  The example I use is:

- two Saudi companies both want to sponsor us

- bidding war

- we get a shirt sponsor ten times Man City (extreme example to illustrate the point)

How can they deny us?  We argue that we are Saudi owned.  Huge interest in us in Saudi.  Two companies wanted to have us and went mad.  I do not see how in court the premier league could win simple case of supply and demand.

I think an argument that your rivals are getting x, y or z is irrelevant and can't be fair trade.

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

The biggest game the board have to play is how to get as much money into the club as legally possible. This is something different to Villa or Leicester. If FFP didn't exist, we'd be seeing a very different approach. 

I don't mind FFP holding us back. For me, it means if PIF leave the party, we'll have done all this with solid foundations and have a chance to support ourselves. Of course avenues would dry up, but by then we could bring in sponsorship which would be around the same level from genuine partners.

Just now, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

I dont know.  Personally I cannot see how they can legally do anything.  The example I use is:

- bidding war

- we get a short sponsor ten times Man City (extreme example to illustrate the point)

How can they deny us?  We argue that we are Saudi owned.  Huge interest in us in Saudi.  Two companies wanted to have us and went mad.  I do not see how in court the premier league could win simple case of supply and demand.

I’m sure we’ll argue our case as much as we can. I think the ruling was really only been brought in to stop the type of thing that happened at Man City where Etihad game them hundreds of millions for naming rights to the shirt and stadium. This was at the time when they were just getting started and was clearly an insane sum.

Also, the ground expansion can't come soon enough. It's something that cannot be taken away from us, and will continue to be a huge source of income for decades to come. Players come and go, as do managers & owners. Things like the ground & training complex are things which will shape our future for generations and again, help us support ourselves.

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

I’m sure we’ll argue our case as much as we can. I think the ruling was really only been brought in to stop the type of thing that happened at Man City where Etihad game them hundreds of millions for naming rights to the shirt and stadium. This was at the time when they were just getting started and was clearly an insane sum.

It was brought in to prevent another man city aka us. Man city have long since been ordained apart of the “big 6” hence these measures only being brought in to stop us or anyone else for that matter. 

Just now, andyc35i said:

This is where things are going to get difficult.  PIF have their fingers pretty much everywhere.  Everyone could be classed as related.  This could get really messy and maybe already is behind the scenes.  

3 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

- bidding war

- we get a short sponsor ten times Man City (extreme example to illustrate the point)

I think an argument that your rivals are getting x, y or z is irrelevant and can't be fair trade.

If you consider that at the very least we’ll have a new shirt sponsor and highly likely at least one other source of sponsorship. Put that together with annual premier league money and potential champions league revenue then they should be able to really kick on this summer. I guess the top four finish is the game changer in terms of targets and outlay. 

Veering into the transfer thread I know but I’d expect at least 4 top quality signings who could potentially start plus 1 or 2 young work in progress potentials.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Also, the ground expansion can't come soon enough. It's something that cannot be taken away from us, and will continue to be a huge source of income for decades to come. Players come and go, as do managers & owners. Things like the ground & training complex are things which will shape our future for generations and again, help us support ourselves.

And a shiny new state of the art training ground complex sponsored by a Saudi airline or telecom company wouldn’t go amiss

7 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

It's based on "fair market value" so basically you can't artificially inflate the value of your sponsorship deals.

It's the reason why most reports put our next shirt sponsorship at around £20m - behind the "established" top 6 but ahead of the rest of the 14. Could end up being more if we end up in the CL obviously. 

1 minute ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

This is where things are going to get difficult.  PIF have their fingers pretty much everywhere.  Everyone could be classed as related.  This could get really messy and maybe already is behind the scenes.  

Going to be fun to watch it unfold in our new documentary this summer