PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

There is absolutely 0% chance the home kit gets changed. Craziest thing I could potentially see happening is some Juve type experimenting with the stripes, which has led to some horrific designs. 

On that note, if we are going to make minor changes to our home kit, I've said many times on here, I love Juve's white shorts and socks look. Wouldn't even need to touch our shirt.

Must be pissing a lot of people off that our owners are playing by the rules and not taking the Piss like Chelsea and City (and Everton ?)

Model owners in the Premierships eyes I’d have thought. 

4 hours ago, Likelylad said:

The whole separation stuff that came from the Prem, to me was clearly just a viable excuse for them to pass the takeover once the piracy issue. Which was the real blocker ended up being resolved. 

Which is why i just roll my eyes every time the likes of Ziegler & Delaney start banging about the LI/PGA court thing like it's some sort of smoking gun. 

Imagine the court case if the Premier League tried to walk back the takeover. Would be absolute carnage. 

Absolutely this, once Saudi and Qatar resolved the broadcast dispute over PL rights the takeover sailed through, it was always about piracy and not about separation

On 28/03/2023 at 10:29, RodneyCisse said:

I wouldn’t mind a European kit if we become regulars a bit like Dortmund, Barcelona because we’re going to need a patch on the back regardless due to Uefa rules.

Ah, memories of the grey 'Champions League' kit in 03/04 only for it to be a UEFA Cup kit.

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Didn’t we only wear it in the home fixture Vs Juventus?

We had that one the season before (ntl: home) I think it said. 

This was the one I was thinking of.

image.png.526941fce887339bd60052c3da3fbab9.png

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Nah, we played a pre-season friendly with Juventus and played in the silver/grey strip which was it’s only outing.

19 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

This was the one I was thinking of.

image.png.526941fce887339bd60052c3da3fbab9.png

Yeah wore that away at PSV, amongst others. 

The one the year before with NTL Home was just the away kit, not a third kit I believe, which didn’t exist at the time. 

then they brought in the above as a European kit and we’ve had two away kits (or more sort of this year) ever since 

Edited by Superior Acuña

14 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

I can see you lot getting a new badge soon. Not that there's anything wrong with the current, big clubs are all seemingly going for boring circular badges.

You support a different team in the PL or lower leagues?

1 hour ago, BrianSwan said:

I can see you lot getting a new badge soon. Not that there's anything wrong with the current, big clubs are all seemingly going for boring circular badges.

I think we will get a new badge to mark the beginning of a new era for the club in a way. 

3 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Season before that strip. Also worn last game of the 02/03 season in a 2-2 draw away to WBA. 

I know we'd already secured third, but state of that team :lol: Such a weak squad for when injuries and suspensions hit.

https://www.nufc.com/html/2002-03html/2003-05-11westbrom-a.html

Edited by Superior Acuña

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Think Kerr and Caldwell were quite decent when called upon that season. Sure Kerr even kept Solano out at some point!

Nufc.com on Caldwell in that game

It's time for some of our lot to grow up quickly and follow in the steps of those whose days are now numbered. Which brings me nicely to our man of the match and the only captain on the pitch that these eyes could see. Step forward Steve Caldwell, who didn't put a foot wrong and almost scored when others seemingly had their minds on getting back to Tyneside for the Justin Timberlake gig. The one player who had every right to act like a huffy bairn after his recent derisory contract offer stood out from the rest. I can't believe he or Steve Harper for that matter, will be forced out of the club. That really would be cutting off an O'Brien-sized hooter to spite your face....