PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

39 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Nobody but Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal would be able to build anything to challenge Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal except in a freak exceptional season after which they're be plucked bald by them - ironically because of their money having been able to capitalise on the ultra-monetisation of football via things like international fanbases and areas of the country. You might say they got those fanbases for a reason but how is anybody else going to manage the same?

Well said 

2 hours ago, janpawel said:

I used to think like this. But after seeing the big 6 / PL try and do everything they can to stop us even remotely getting close to them, so they can share the league / competitions / money between them.. I want them to get fucked and if that would mean us getting sponsored by a Saudi company for a similar amount to a Man U/Man City etc, then so be it

This....I used to think winning with honour mattered, but I've never seen Nufc win anything in my lifetime. The closest I've seen is agonising near misses. In this time I've seen Chelsea going from the brink of administration to champions in a couple of years. Man City being what would be now a League One side to the most dominant team in top flight history. 

Money has and will always be dominant one way or another. So if PIF are actually serious with us we will get there eventually. Just hope I live long enough to see it

5 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

This....I used to think winning with honour mattered, but I've never seen Nufc win anything in my lifetime. The closest I've seen is agonising near misses. In this time I've seen Chelsea going from the brink of administration to champions in a couple of years. Man City being what would be now a League One side to the most dominant team in top flight history. 

Money has and will always be dominant one way or another. So if PIF are actually serious with us we will get there eventually. Just hope I live long enough to see it

Yeah exactly. And I wouldn't want/expect us to spend like they are in the Saudi leagues, spending a billion on Vinicius Jnr etc

But it would be nice to be in a position where we can CONSIDER buying the Olise, Sesko, Marmadashvili's etc of the world like all the top 6 clubs can, every single season, rather than (I'm assuming here) targeting the Traffords and Calvert Lewis of the world 

2 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Yeah exactly. And I wouldn't want/expect us to spend like they are in the Saudi leagues, spending a billion on Vinicius Jnr etc

But it would be nice to be in a position where we can CONSIDER buying the Olise, Sesko, Marmadashvili's etc of the world like all the top 6 clubs can, every single season, rather than (I'm assuming here) targeting the Traffords and Calvert Lewis of the world 

I would I'm afraid. It would be awesome to spend like Chelsea and City did when they were taken over....or even like Chelsea still do despite being blatant and obviously suspect about it.

Having a few overpaid mercenaries who would improve us short term ( ala Robinho at city) would be worth being able to build a long term era of success

If this even gets a "meet in the middle" sort of arrangement with us not getting involved then a result. Spending cap that fits all clubs, just don't take the piss, type of thing, it'd be a result. 

Posted (edited)

I'll always go back to the same when it comes to owner-related sponsorships. Where were the Red 3 and Spurs plus the Premier League when they sat back and watched our commercial revenue drop from what was around 70-80% of what Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool made in 2007, to 30-50% by 2020? All while Mike Ashley was peddling his Sports Direct brand for a pittance. I bet they had no concerns about how we were being "anti-competitive".

I'd sooner see City take the PL to the cleaners and win another 20 titles in a row than see any of those cunts win it again.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Training kit sponsor coming soon according to Douglas.

Wonder if it will be announced with them new kit unveiling. Waugh mentioned we are currently in breach of FFP so i wonder if this is our get out of jail free card 

9 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Wonder if it will be announced with them new kit unveiling. Waugh mentioned we are currently in breach of FFP so i wonder if this is our get out of jail free card 

Sorry, but how are we suddenly in breach of FFP? The prevailing line (from him as well as others) up to now has been that we were close to it but not quite over the line. What have we done to change that? Absolutely sick of FFP dominating every conversation when it comes to our future. Soul sucking rhetoric regurgitated by people who love the sound of their own voices.

Just now, Joelinton7 said:

Sorry, but how are we suddenly in breach of FFP? The prevailing line (from him as well as others) up to now has been that we were close to it but not quite over the line. What have we done to change that? Absolutely sick of FFP dominating every conversation when it comes to our future. Soul sucking rhetoric regurgitated by people who love the sound of their own voices.

I don’t believe we are. It gets clicks mind. 

How would announcing a training kit sponsor (or any other sponsor for that matter) now help us with this seasons PSR calculation? Surely any income would either kick in next season when we're actually wearing the kit?

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

How would announcing a training kit sponsor (or any other sponsor for that matter) now help us with this seasons PSR calculation? Surely any income would either kick in next season when we're actually wearing the kit?

It wouldn’t, it’s  bollox! 

3 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

We don’t currently have one so I imagine the start date of the deal could be today. 

4 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

I don’t know if we are, I’m just repeating what Waugh said in his article, which was we need to sell before the end of June to be compliant. 

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

We don’t currently have one so I imagine the start date of the deal could be today. 

Yeah I get that, but lets say its £5m/season for three seasons. That's going to be 24/25, 25/26 and 26/27 isn't it, rather than including a season that finished weeks ago? How could we justify any of that £5m going on the accounts for 23/24?

3 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Yeah I get that, but lets say its £5m/season for three seasons. That's going to be 24/25, 25/26 and 26/27 isn't it, rather than including a season that finished weeks ago? How could we justify any of that £5m going on the accounts for 23/24?

Didn’t somebody better placed say it’s accrued daily? 

5 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I imagine it would be more and we could probably amortise it monthly, probably not enough on its own but every little helps. 

2 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Didn’t somebody better placed say it’s accrued daily? 

Possibly but even then, the accounting period for 23/24 ends in 25 days. If we announced a £5m deal today, we'd have about £400k of it.

I believe you can drag future funding around as you see fit in terms of FFP, can't you? i.e. front load a chunk of it into this year that's just finishing. Like a reversal of writing off a player's outstanding value as a loss even though they've got two years left on their contract.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

I believe you can drag future funding around as you see fit in terms of FFP, can't you? i.e. front load a chunk of it into this year that's just finishing. Like a reversal of writing off a player's outstanding value as a loss even though they've got two years left on their contract.

Can we not backdate it to when Fat Bastard was spending feck all

16 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

Can we not backdate it to when Fat Bastard was spending feck all

I've half wondered if that might be a solution to this whole situation for various clubs. To open room for a Norwich or whoever to be more than target practice.