PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

I don't believe for a second anyone connected to SA is governing what is put up on the clubs twitter account :lol: Last year they put it up ahead of our home fixture. The womens team tweet already put out was ahead of a home fixture.

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

I don't believe for a second anyone connected to SA is governing what is put up on the clubs twitter account :lol: Last year they put it up ahead of our home fixture. The womens team tweet already put out was ahead of a home fixture.

I remember when they put it up last year and that Tweet was flooded with some pretty vile replies from random Saudi lads. Hope that doesn’t put them off it this year, and why should it, tbf.

4 hours ago, Conjo said:

I hope this is the case.  As horrendous as the unfiltered bigotry - mainly from KSA twitter accounts - was to the NUFC post last year, that to me is the entire purpose of statements like that.  Challenge these people, and don't back down on basic concepts of human rights and decency.  I'm aware of the punishments meted out to LBGTQI+ people in KSA for simply being themselves - fuck pandering to that shite.

If the club fails to do this before the home game at the weekend, that is abysmal, it really is.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

I always feel for stuff like that they should turn the replies off, because you always get not only bots, but just general bigots and trolls.

Agree but then you'd have the same cunts saying its censorship etc

Cant win

6 hours ago, Emotic said:

I remember when they put it up last year and that Tweet was flooded with some pretty vile replies from random Saudi lads. Hope that doesn’t put them off it this year, and why should it, tbf.

Exactly why it needs to be done again. 

I think we'll be doing it for the villa game, our home game. Still, missed opportunity and attracted criticism when a simple image or a retweet of the PLs would have sufficed.

Play the game...(It's all that it is, all this is token gestures and virtue signalling) no club actually cares about anything but themselves and £££...which is another conversation, however, we need to be doing it more than others due to what's behind our curtain.

10 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Exactly why it needs to be done again. 

I think we'll be doing it for the villa game, our home game. Still, missed opportunity and attracted criticism when a simple image or a retweet of the PLs would have sufficed.

Play the game...(It's all that it is, all this is token gestures and virtue signalling) no club actually cares about anything but themselves and £££...which is another conversation, however, we need to be doing it more than others due to what's behind our curtain.

Last two pages of this thread are hunting for a reason to be critical IMHO.   Very strange. 

7 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Last two pages of this thread are hunting for a reason to be critical IMHO.   Very strange. 

We’re owned by the public investment fund of a country where homosexuality is punishable with the death penalty.  We’re also the only PL side which didn’t take part in a ludicrously easy exercise to support LGBTQI+ players and supporters.  This is one of those moments where the criticism seems pretty reasonable to me. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We’re owned by the public investment fund of a country where homosexuality is punishable with the death penalty.  We’re also the only PL side which didn’t take part in a ludicrously easy exercise to support LGBTQI+ players and supporters.  This is one of those moments where the criticism seems pretty reasonable to me. 

and if they do it at our home game vrs Aston Villa........then what?

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Liverpool didn't tweet, did they? Again they were away from home, so might be waiting till then. If so then the Only difference is the PL showed a pic of milne with his band on, and omitted to post trippiers. That simply could be down to our late kick off.

Just now, Dokko said:

Liverpool didn't tweet, did they? Again they were away from home, so might be waiting till then. If so then the Only difference is the PL showed a pic of milne with his band on, and omitted to post trippiers. That simply could be down to our late kick off.

Yep, forgot about LFC.  Poor from them too - hopefully they’re also waiting for the weekend. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep, forgot about LFC.  Poor from them too - hopefully they’re also waiting for the weekend. 

On 1st glance it looks extremely poor from us. When you dig a bit it seems to be more around timing than anything else. However due to our ownership it looks bad from the off, and IMHO, should have been anticipated from the off.

We did it last year. Ladies have done it. PL may have stitched us up here with no representation due to timings, club could have took it in their own hands and made their own statement now and bigger one for villa. 

Until the villa game I think we have to reserve judgement. Still, entirely avoidable situation and the club in its new professional capacity should have seen it coming.

10 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

"Strategic communications and reputational protection" according to his website.

Would you take advice on "reputational protection" from that man :facepalm:

Jesus.

I thought he was finance