PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

unfortunately the big 6 are going to slowly grow their revenue too.

we'll need to grow just to stand still (if you get what i mean).

In theory we should be able to grow a lot quicker because we've a lot more untapped opportunities and quick wins. The more we generate, the harder it'll get.

We also don't need to match them to be competitive if we're smart, granted we will if we want to be a mainstay at the very top end. 

Edited by The Prophet

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

This was the most recent vision statement based on current rules. With the word “competing” for major trophies in 5 years to give its true context.

From the Fan Engagement thing, just over a month ago;

We’re going to build a results-driven, world class, sustainable organisation that consistently achieves top six status for men’s and women’s teams and wins major trophies, within the next five years.

27 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

From the Fan Engagement thing, just over a month ago;

Wins or competes is his mantra in this interview on the record along with sustainable top 6 club. Which is a sensible realistic statement…

Here’s the Fan Engagement link and no sign of your quote. Where did you lift it from? Not that it’s wildly different but it is ultimately different to saying we are going to win things. That would be silly. Try to compete to win things as above is fair and sensible.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/media/79761/fep_august-2023.pdf

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Wins or competes is his mantra in this interview on the record along with sustainable top 6 club. Which is a sensible realistic statement…

Here’s the Fan Engagement link and no sign of your quote. Where did you lift it from? Not that it’s wildly different but it is ultimately different to saying we are going to win things. That would be silly. Try to compete to win things as above is fair and sensible.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/media/79761/fep_august-2023.pdf

A link to the minutes of the meeting in Feb are linked HERE , that's where the quote is pulled from. 

I found this @Keegans Export but if you notice the bit you quoted isn’t in full quotation marks. You’ve got to be careful as websites take liberties…

A presentation was delivered referencing the club’s established vision:

‘We’re going to build a results-driven, world class, sustainable organisation that consistently achieves top six status for men’s and women’s teams and wins major trophies, within the next five years.’

DE gave further context to the club’s progress:

“The club’s revenue growth over the last two seasons and into this season has been incredible.

“Off the pitch, because we started from a low revenue base, we are still a long way behind the top six in the Premier League. Since we can only spend a percentage of revenue, we always look to spend the maximum we can on the team within Profit and Sustainability Rules (PSR).

“This means it is vital that we look at ways to raise revenue streams, whether through matchday, St. James’ STACK, commercial partnerships, retail/merchandise, tours, hospitality and events.”

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I found this @Keegans Export but if you notice the bit you quoted isn’t in full quotation marks. You’ve got to be careful as websites take liberties…

A presentation was delivered referencing the club’s established vision:

‘We’re going to build a results-driven, world class, sustainable organisation that consistently achieves top six status for men’s and women’s teams and wins major trophies, within the next five years.’

DE gave further context to the club’s progress:

“The club’s revenue growth over the last two seasons and into this season has been incredible.

“Off the pitch, because we started from a low revenue base, we are still a long way behind the top six in the Premier League. Since we can only spend a percentage of revenue, we always look to spend the maximum we can on the team within Profit and Sustainability Rules (PSR).

“This means it is vital that we look at ways to raise revenue streams, whether through matchday, St. James’ STACK, commercial partnerships, retail/merchandise, tours, hospitality and events.”

It's from the Official minutes of the meeting itself. The club published them, along with NUST.

A bit odd that a sense of entitlement already seems to be creeping in while we've not won a thing in most of our lifetimes. We're on the way up and under the stewardship of people who want the best for the club. The fact our owners are filthy rich is of little consequence if they're not allowed to invest by corrupt regulators acting to look after the interests of the clubs currently at the top of the pyramid. All we can do is hope our owners play their cards right, do as well as they can within their possibilities and enjoy the ride. So far we've been in a cup final and competed in the Champions League, as well as there has been more investment per year than the previous useless incumbent invested over his 15 year tenure, so I think we have very little reason for concern or complaint :dontknow:

Edited by Unbelievable

12 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

It's from the Official minutes of the meeting itself. The club published them, along with NUST.

It’s not a verbatim quote “” as I’ve pointed out so not to be quoted really. You can see in the video what he actually says.

21 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

A bit odd that a sense of entitlement already seems to be creeping in while we've not won a thing in most of our lifetimes. We're on the way up and under the stewardship of people who want the best for the club. The fact our owners are filthy rich is of little consequence if they're not allowed to invest by corrupt regulators acting to look after the interests of the clubs currently at the top of the pyramid. All we can do is hope our owners play their cards right, do as well as they can within their possibilities and enjoy the ride. So far we've been in a cup final and competed in the Champions League, as well as there has been more investment per year than the previous useless incumbent invested over his 15 year tenure, so I think we have very little reason for concern or complaint :dontknow:

Yep, great post.

11 minutes ago, LFEE said:

It’s not a verbatim quote “” as I’ve pointed out so not to be quoted really. You can see in the video what he actually says.

OK I see what you're saying but firstly, that isn't him speaking at the fan engagement event is it? I think its just a generic interview for the official site in January, the meeting was end of Feb.

Secondly, whether its literally what he said personally at the meeting or not it's clearly quoting something from "A presentation referencing the club's established vision" and it's written in the official minutes released by the club. 

31 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

i see where you're coming from with regards to feeling entitled. i'd have been delighted to be where we are after 2 and a half years.

but them coming with statements saying where they want to be within 5 years has raised peoples expectations somewhat unrealistically.

dont make statements like that and we wont expect.

7 minutes ago, huss9 said:

i see where you're coming from with regards to feeling entitled. i'd have been delighted to be where we are after 2 and a half years.

but them coming with statements saying where they want to be within 5 years has raised peoples expectations somewhat unrealistically.

That probably was their aim, but then all the new rules came in to stop them.

8 minutes ago, huss9 said:

Let’s see where we are 5yrs from now (2029) That’s when those people should have those expectations. Not now. If we are taking these words verbatim then you can’t pick and choose which ones.

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Let’s see where we are 5yrs from now (2029) That’s when those people should have those expectations. Not now. If we are taking these words verbatim then you can’t pick and choose which ones.

i was taking  5 years to be from the takeover.

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

i was taking  5 years to be from the takeover.

You’d be wrong to then. He only allegedly said this a month ago (I maintain from his previous quotes and video interviews the words “competing to” alongside winning is missing hence the missing double quotation marks) so it’s 5yrs from now. When the club was taken over it was 5-10yrs and that was when they thought they could spend what they want and to be fair to AS she shortly corrected that saying she got carried away a bit in the moment.

Can I just go on record saying I certainly don't expect to be regular top 6 and major trophy winner in the next 5 years!

My original post was in response to someone saying the club had gone quiet about its ambitions over the past 12 months. The fact that @LFEE and I have managed to highlight two separate occasions where the stated ambitions have been quite lofty - whether its "win" a trophy or "compete" for trophies, I'm happy with that - just this year suggests otherwise.

1 hour ago, Unbelievable said:

It’s not about entitlement nor impatience.  It’s about being owned by one of the vilest regimes on planet earth, whose presence at the club is a stain on it.  What they’re doing - and what they’re likely to do - could be achieved by any wealthy, competent owner.  So why do we need a Faustian pact with them?

1 hour ago, Unbelievable said:

Amen

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s not about entitlement nor impatience.  It’s about being owned by one of the vilest regimes on planet earth, whose presence at the club is a stain on it.  What they’re doing - and what they’re likely to do - could be achieved by any wealthy, competent owner.  So why do we need a Faustian pact with them?

Yeah, cos there was a long line of wealthy competent owners gagging for the keys, wasn't there? 

Footballs fucked anyway because of a Russian money launderer and the yanks. Our owners might be vile but we fans don't have to answer for them. 

3 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Yeah, cos there was a long line of wealthy competent owners gagging for the keys, wasn't there? 

Footballs fucked anyway because of a Russian money launderer and the yanks. Our owners might be vile but we fans don't have to answer for them. 

I can’t argue that tbf.  Doesn’t mean I have to like it, though :) 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

if that’s how you feel about PIF as owners, would it be any better if we’d be winning everything in sight?

We don’t “need” to be owned by them, but we are. I don’t see how the fact we could be owned by someone else makes a difference to the level of ambition, or lack thereof, of the current owners. Highlighting their faults is fair game, but to suggest they are not acting in the club’s best interests or not doing enough is disingenuous imo.

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

Staveley gonna have 1% share soon enough

Ahe said early on that her share could be possibly diluted. When it happens, I wonder if she becomes an employee for the club or just becomes a fan.