PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 hours ago, RS said:

Were you around when Ashley owned the club?  Back then craning in a shipping container was more likely for new changing facilities than converting to a bar for supporters enjoyment. 
I find it bizarre how some people are pissed off by the slightest thing going on involving our new owners, yet were almost accepting of how Ashley let the club wither. 

Harsh on Ashley there. You can fit a lot of paddling pools into a shipping container. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

New store in the Metro then.  Feels like a lifetime ago going into the Metro Centre club shop.  Wonder when the old one closed?

I wonder if they'll be taking over the Castore shop they have there

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

New store in the Metro then.  Feels like a lifetime ago going into the Metro Centre club shop.  Wonder when the old one closed?

Feels like a lifetime ago going into the meteocentre.

Girl 2 likes shopping there becomes its much quieter than the Eldon Square. Go Outdoors opening there soon apparently so I'll be back.

The one thing that’s going to be class with adidas is the return of decent club shops that actually sell decent stuff, other than just the kits.

Going to be like being 8 again when I walk into one, buying daft stuff like branded pens and cups. Can’t wait :lol:

13 minutes ago, madras said:

Feels like a lifetime ago going into the meteocentre.

Girl 2 likes shopping there becomes its much quieter than the Eldon Square. Go Outdoors opening there soon apparently so I'll be back.

It’s been several years since I was last in there, and even that was just for the Odeon.  Felt like it was dying even then (mid-10s).

I used to go to Go Outdoors in West Denton for walking boots - was dirt cheap. 

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s been several years since I was last in there, and even that was just for the Odeon.  Felt like it was dying even then (mid-10s).

I used to go to Go Outdoors in West Denton for walking boots - was dirt cheap. 

It moved from West Denton, on my doorstep, to team valley, at least tge meteocentre is closer though I've never liked the place (metrocentre that is).

On 06/04/2024 at 21:39, Jack27 said:

I wonder if they'll be taking over the Castore shop they have there

Aye you’d assume they’d just take that unit or a bigger one given no ones going into Castore for Castore gear.

Just finished the Man City treble Netflix / internally driven propaganda series. Actually enjoyed watching it but the things that stuck out most:

- Etihad Campus: Wow. Light years ahead of the Sports Neglect shitpit that is Benton. A lick of paint, some motivational quotes, photos and a couple of extra bits bolted on are not going to compete with the top of the league.

The subtle things like segmented zonal pitches to allow tactics to be developed was next level.

Recovery facilities also looked a significant leap forward - do we even have chilled plunge pools and cryo?

- Etihad Corporate facilities: Again, we look distinctly Championship rather than Champions League. Not wanting to reopen the whole SJP ‘stay or go’ but if the former it needs quadruple heart bypass surgery to compete.

- Leadership: Some massive voices and not the ones I’d expected. Really impressed by Reuben Dias. Maybe explains why Eddie is keeping the perceived hangers on at the club as they do unseen things.

- Scott Carson: Fair play for hanging in there like some creepy old has been!

4 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Sounds more like a refurbishment of the current facility rather than a new development?

Looks that way, would be disappointing if that’s the route they take

Whilst I agree on the sentiment of that letter and also believe our new owners do genuinely care about the club - I really doubt they give a toss about pricing when demand is so high. 

Fair enough if attendances were dwindling but they're not and will not at any point in the near future. Has been a mad jump in pricing this season though, but always going to happen. 

Is it next year that people on the fixed deals expire?  I’d imagine that it’ll be a fairly significant jump for some people and I’m not sure if the club still does the £100 kids tickets? 

19 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Another cash injection. 37m

Here’s my buying penny shares on futures, and these guys drop 37m on one share. 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪