PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Posted (edited)

IMG_2659.thumb.webp.564292072e2997fe34d4b566cde55342.webp

Commenting on the 3D light show, Peter Silverstone, Chief Commercial Officer at Newcastle United, said: "Over the past 12 months we have been blown away by Sela's capabilities in delivering spectacular experiences for Newcastle fans. The club, our fans and the city of Newcastle, will never take these experiences for granted. 

"From delivering the unforgettable Champions League drone show to making the St. James' Park matchday experience more inclusive for members of the Deaf community through launching haptic shirts - Sela has demonstrated that it is a more than simply a 'sponsor' on the front of our shirts. 

"Within the first year of our partnership, Sela has become entrenched in the local community and continues to create spectacular, purposeful memories that will last the tests of time. Sela has put our supporters at the heart of all their activities and we are so proud to have them as part of our Newcastle United family. Last night we were all one together."

Ibrahim Mohtaseb, Senior Vice President of Sela, said: "We wanted to round off our first year of sponsorship of Newcastle United with an unforgettable night for the city, using Sela's capabilities as a creator of live events and experiences. We've worked hard to understand fan culture and the local community, and it was incredible to see so many thousands of people come down to the banks of the Tyne. 

"We hope they enjoyed this special show that celebrated the city, the fans and their club. We wanted to use iconic city landmarks to really bring that to life. Newcastle is a one-club city with such a rich history and an exciting future ahead; last night we were all one together.  

"We very much look forward to what the future holds for the club and our partnership. One thing we can be sure of is that as Sela we want to deliver more spectacular experiences for fans to enjoy."

Sela, the leading live events and experiences company in the Middle East, is known for delivering spectacular experiences at iconic destinations which are enjoyed by millions every year. This show is demonstration of their commitment to using innovation to provide unforgettable moments to Newcastle United fans. 

Within the first year of their sponsorship Sela have also launched groundbreaking haptic shirts which enabled fans who are deaf or have hearing loss to feel the atmosphere of the crowd for the first time. On the eve of the club's return to Champions League football, Sela also orchestrated a UK-first football-themed drone show above St. James' Park. 

The futures bright, the future’s black and white 🖤🤍

Edited by PauloGeordio

3 minutes ago, pubteam said:

Kinda disappointed I didn't go now, thought it looked really impressive. Looked a better turnout than man city's trophy parade 🤣

Whole of the quayside had a buzz which wouldn’t have been there without the event, young kids playing footy outside the like urban garden area. Toon tops galore!

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Whole of the quayside had a buzz which wouldn’t have been there without the event, young kids playing footy outside the like urban garden area. Toon tops galore!

Brilliant. We’ve come so far in a short time. Not even in 3rd gear yet! 

Edited by PauloGeordio

Just now, Jack27 said:

I showed this to the old folks I have coffee with every Sunday. One lady, 84 , and my mothers best friend since 1955 thought it was good. She lived in Scotland for 5 years and said "These people really love their team don't they". Yes they do. Last Friday we were on a call with the UK management team and talking about womens football when a US manager mentioned Kansas City has build a stadium for the women this year. My mate in Leeds said it hasn't really taken off in the UK and I said the lasses drew like 25k at St James' Park and he said "Newcastle are unique, it seems every man woman and child completely support their team, not like that in Leeds. They love their team".

9 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Sela have been excellent sponsors to date.

Outstanding partner to promote us and themselves on a global scale. What they did for the deaf folk chokes me. How amazing for them to get to feel the power and joy of the crowd. Truly uniting the fan base 🖤🤍

9 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Outstanding partner to promote us and themselves on a global scale. What they did for the deaf folk chokes me. How amazing for them to get to feel the power and joy of the crowd. Truly uniting the fan base 🖤🤍

Picked a live tv game also

5 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

but, but, sportswashing.

31 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

I wonder when The Athletic are going to do an article on Liverpool’s main sponsor Standard Chartered Bank?

Whataboutery though innit.

He's an NUFC correspondent, reporting on an NUFC sponsor.

Edited by The Prophet

This is what happens when you get an Everton fan as a Newcastle correspondent. 

Na, it's shit craic from noon like.

We've made a Faustian pact, there's no two ways about it.  Sadly, given KSA's record on workers' and human rights no-one should be surprised in the least.  

Nothing much we as supporters can do about it - other than not defend the undefendable when it rears its ugly head.