Your betting (2023/24)

gdm

As a neutral (Norwich fan) 2/1 is a terrible price for you to finish 7th. I expect you to have a better season of course but not so much at that price. West Ham @ 4/1 probably the best bet but even then, none of those prices appeal. 

On 11/06/2022 at 10:45, bovril said:

Two slightly more unusual bets below:

------------

Sam Johnstone to Crystal Palace on a 5-year contract a done deal.

Can still get that move on Skybet at 1/4.

£10 on, gets you a virtual free £2.50 bet.

------------

Nigerian Premier League. Six matches this weekend and in the past home teams have had very 'favourable' decisions. Backing a home team to win 1-0 might be a play here. A 'lucky 63' for the six matches (backs singles, doubles, trebles, etc. for all the combinations) is tempting. 10p stake for each part of the bet would result in a total outlay bet of £6.30. 

Probably my biggest win of 2022.

Not had a bet in over a month. Tempted by Paqueta to Arsenal at 8/1. It’ll Soften the blow if he doesn’t come to us (4/7)

Edited by gdm

Has anyone got any tips or fancy's for teams that will do well this season ? I like to do an Acca every pre season and I've already got one on (see above) but it would be nice if anyone has heard or likes the look of a team for whatever reason, as I mentioned in another thread I fancy Hull to get promoted but also Borussia Mönchengladbach to finish top 4-

Hull to be promoted, 12/1

Borussia Mönchengladbach top 4, 4/1

Just as a price play, 3 cards each in Falkirk vs Hibs (Scottish League Cup) tonight at 28/1. The ref Clancy is one of the few UK refs who occasionally breaks into double figures.

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Skybet now doing the 2 goal pay out 

I’ve noticed this but there is a knock down in odds from a straight up win.

And I don’t think we can exploit Wullie’ result/btts bet builder tip like on Bet365

Just now, Tisd09 said:

I’ve noticed this but there is a knock down in odds from a straight up win.

And I don’t think we can exploit Wullie’ result/btts bet builder tip like on Bet365

What tip was that?

2 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

What tip was that?

If you are doing a score & win do it in a bet builder as the win part will be a win if team goes 2 goals up 

16 minutes ago, gdm said:

If you are doing a score & win do it in a bet builder as the win part will be a win if team goes 2 goals up 

Yeah @geordie_b,  on 365 anything with a result in (eg BTTS/win or Player X to score and Team A to win, anything at all), always use the bet builder. I still see so many slips knocking around betting Twitter which would have won but they put the normal market on.

Won this one in MLS at the weekend, Salt Lake blew a 2 goal lead, even says loss in my history but still paid out.

Screenshot 2022-07-13 19.06.18.png

I’ve had a few winners by using the bet builder rather than the standard result/btts. Plus it lets you enjoy a come back goal rather than nervously wonder if the winning team will hold on.

Yeah I think I’ll stay away from player cards next year. I’ve had limited success with the No goals/cards bet as of late (1st half) so will look at them. Doubles on that bet really boost the odds so I’m thinking £1/£2 per week on a double of that has potential. Maybe not a regular payout but when it comes in it will be a good weekend 👀