Your betting (2023/24)

gdm

23 minutes ago, Wullie said:

I've got Kane and Havertz 2 each at 12s.

Just 1 for Kane needed, should have had it already when he blazed over. Much needed as I've had shit all off these internationals.

Two slightly more unusual bets below:

------------

Sam Johnstone to Crystal Palace on a 5-year contract a done deal.

Can still get that move on Skybet at 1/4.

£10 on, gets you a virtual free £2.50 bet. 

------------

Nigerian Premier League. Six matches this weekend and in the past home teams have had very 'favourable' decisions. Backing a home team to win 1-0 might be a play here. A 'lucky 63' for the six matches (backs singles, doubles, trebles, etc. for all the combinations) is tempting. 10p stake for each part of the bet would result in a total outlay bet of £6.30. 

Edited by bovril

Think the 14/1 on offer for a FH card each and 3 cards each in the Switzerland-Portugal game tonight is a great price.

- Ref averages 5.18 per game over his last 44 games

- His last 8 fixtures: 6, 7, 7, 8, 7, 7, 5, 7

- Reverse fixture last week finished 3-1 to the Swiss on cards but that was a game that Portugal were winning 3-0 at HT, tonight should be a closer game in Switzerland

- Portugal have picked up 4 cards in both their other recent NL games, and Swiss got 4 against Spain the other day, both teams full of players who pick up regular bookings

On 11/06/2022 at 10:45, bovril said:

Two slightly more unusual bets below:

------------

Sam Johnstone to Crystal Palace on a 5-year contract a done deal.

Can still get that move on Skybet at 1/4.

£10 on, gets you a virtual free £2.50 bet. 

------------

Nigerian Premier League. Six matches this weekend and in the past home teams have had very 'favourable' decisions. Backing a home team to win 1-0 might be a play here. A 'lucky 63' for the six matches (backs singles, doubles, trebles, etc. for all the combinations) is tempting. 10p stake for each part of the bet would result in a total outlay bet of £6.30. 

8 out of the 10 matches finished with home wins, with the other two matches finishing as a draw. Look a bit deeper and you'll see

- two of the home teams came back from a losing position

- One home team won their match in the 90+6th minute

- One home team won their match in the 90+10th minute

- One home team won their match in the 90+16th minute (after the referee had sent off an away player in the 90+6th minute)

I mean, come on :lol:

2 hours ago, Wullie said:

Think the 14/1 on offer for a FH card each and 3 cards each in the Switzerland-Portugal game tonight is a great price.

- Reverse fixture last week finished 3-1 to the Swiss on cards but that was a game that Portugal were winning 3-0 at HT, tonight should be a closer game in Switzerland

- Portugal have picked up 4 cards in both their other recent NL games, and Swiss got 4 against Spain the other day, both teams full of players who pick up regular bookings

Just came in on the Norway v Sweden game. Wonder what price it was

I needed thorsby for a 70/1 . Got a cash out when he got subbed cos betfair slow on the uptake as usual

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

Just came in on the Norway v Sweden game. Wonder what price it was

I needed thorsby for a 70/1 . Got a cash out when he got subbed cos betfair slow on the uptake as usual

Aye I know, pissed off, avoided it because of the ref.

Basically all the Portuguese players are really well priced. Not often you'll see Pepe at 15/4.

3 of the starters were in the top 10 most booked PL players last season - Xhaka/Neves/Fernandes 75/1

Bizarre pricing up on the Portugese (365) players as you say. 

- Pepe, 97 yellow cards in his career, @ 15/4

- Bruno, finished joint 2nd most yellows in the EPL @ 5/1

- Neves, finished joint 3rd most yellows in the EPL @ 5/1

Now tempted to back the 0-0 with no cards at HT bet :lol: (8/1 if anyone is wondering) as a saver.

4 hours ago, Wullie said:

First half in 👍

6 minutes ago, MidfieldGeneral said:

How do you use the free bet on PP? 

I've only started using it recently and it's not as obvious as the others I use. 

Find the link opt in then claim 

On 09/05/2022 at 12:08, The Prophet said:

Currently one off the Man City to win 5+ PL games by 5+ goals or more. So far they've had:

5-0 v Norwich 

5-0 v Arsenal 

7-0 v Leeds 

5-0 v us 

Frustratingly they've also had:

4-0 v us

4-0 v Norwich 

5-1 v Watford 

4-1 v Brighton (3-0 up after 31 minutes)

6-3 v Leicester (4-0 up after 25 minutes)

At least it provides some interest for their last few games.

Any idea if the bookies are offering the same bet this season @The Prophet?

11 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Neil (forum member), has found this at evens on Skybet. Christ.

Evens?!?! and you had it at 50/1 last year? 

To be fair, Evens sounds like the logical price-up given the history of it happening under Guardiola. That 50/1 price you got must have been a special offer/misprice/drunk PP employee at the time, very unlucky not to see that come in last year.

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Evens?!?! and you had it at 50/1 last year? 

To be fair, Evens sounds like the logical price-up given the history of it happening under Guardiola. That 50/1 price you got must have been a special offer/misprice/drunk PP employee at the time, very unlucky not to see that come in last year.

Madness. Hopefully PP offer a bit more of a generous price, but the Haaland factor, plus them significantly overpricing it last season means I can't see too much variance. If I see anything else along similar lines that looks good value, I'll let you know.