Your betting (2023/24)

gdm

Possible market play here…

Mbappe is currently 4/1 for an assist on 365.

Betfair have classed another bet as Mbappe assist as ‘won’. Still 35 minutes left for Mbappe to grab a proper assist in anycase. 

17 hours ago, The Prophet said:

There's some enormous card price in the third place play off considering the ref.

Glorified friendly though innit? Particularly this year with players going straight back their club football.

1 hour ago, Minhosa said:

Glorified friendly though innit? Particularly this year with players going straight back their club football.

I was thinking that, but I actually think third place would mean quite a bit to Morocco and Croatia. Belgium players have spoken about this in 2018. Looking at some previous third place place play offs:

2018: 3 cards

2014: 5 cards 

2010: 4 cards 

2006: 5 cards 

So they are competitive and the ref is card happy. I certainly won't be steaming into it, but there is some decent value there. 

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I was thinking that, but I actually think third place would mean quite a bit to Morocco and Croatia. Belgium players have spoken about this in 2018. Looking at some previous third place place play offs:

2018: 3 cards

2014: 5 cards 

2010: 4 cards 

2006: 5 cards 

So they are competitive and the ref is card happy. I certainly won't be steaming into it, but there is some decent value there. 

I might have a little look inplay and judge it then :thup:

A few longer price players that I'm debating putting on...

Modric 7/1 - 1 booking this tournament and on average commits 2.2 fouls a game. Morocco's opposing RCM, which he'll occupy if he starts, has been booked twice this tournament.

Kounde 11/2 - he doesn't pick up loads of cards (although has 1 this tournament), but noticed a trend v Argentina. When playing a flat back four this tournament, the opposing RB has been booked in 2 from 4. Vs a back 3 the RCB has been booked in 2 from 2. Going further back to the start of the year, in a flat back four, the opposing RB has been booked in 6 from 12 v Argentina.

Dembele 7/1 - be picks up a few cards on the quiet and has 1 already this tournament. He's also a consistent fouler and has at least one a game this tournament. He'll be up v Acuna who is one of Argentina's most fouled players.

Obviously a lot will depend on starting line ups, match ups, etc, but they all caught the eye at big prices.

Full disclosure: my long shot picks have been utter gash this tournament.

Edited by The Prophet

Little out there at present other than the below pre-match offer from 365:

Messi & Mbappe 1+ shot on target each @ 6/4 

I've put on a triple card bet just to use the 25% extra boost offer from 365:

Romero & Hernandez & Griezmann @ 95/1

That's it for pre-match, I'll then be waiting in-play to see how the game goes and what approach the Polish referee takes (gut instinct is he lets the game go but the Argies will make this difficult for him).

In-play I'm looking at the below on betfair depending on the flow of the game:

Mbappe goal or assist & Hernandez card @ 9/1

Messi goal or assist & Romero card @ 6/1