Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Not a fan of the long term then?

Livramento is not a kid, he is PL proven, one of the best RB in EPL before his injury. Hall I would give you that, but Livra, no.

if he’d stuck tino on and we conceded a goal everyone would be moaning bad choice from eddie. I’ll trust eddies judgement of where these players are at and how much faith he has in them for the situation at the time.

I’d like to see the new lads start the cup games though 

52 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Saw he'd have made the Trippier to Livramento change. Do people think it would have changed the pattern of the game?

No, we maybe wouldn’t have gave it away as much, trippier has zero positive impact on that game.

1 minute ago, dave s said:

if he’d stuck tino on and we conceded a goal everyone would be moaning bad choice from eddie. I’ll trust eddies judgement of where these players are at and how much faith he has in them for the situation at the time.

I’d like to see the new lads start the cup games though 

We all trust eddies judgement but nobody’s perfect, recognising them is part of improving and growing, not subbing the FB’s yesterday was a mistake for me that’s all.

1 minute ago, Zero said:

Livramento is not a kid, he is PL proven, one of the best RB in EPL before his injury. Hall I would give you that, but Livra, no.

I don't disagree, but the fee we paid was largely an investment for the future and doesn't define our transfer market.

Maybe he should have come on and I'm sure we'll see more of him this season, but I doubt he'll be much of a difference maker at the moment.

Just now, Gawalls said:

We all trust eddies judgement but nobody’s perfect, recognising them is part of improving and growing, not subbing the FB’s yesterday was a mistake for me that’s all.

totally get what you’re saying. but it was difficult conditions with weather and pitch yesterday, game was finely balanced.. maybe it was the right decision who knows 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I don't disagree, but the fee we paid was largely an investment for the future and doesn't define our transfer market.

Maybe he should have come on and I'm sure we'll see more of him this season, but I doubt he'll be much of a difference maker at the moment.

Might just make a difference to trippiers energy levels in next few games if he was allowed a rest from time to time, as others said 3 - 0 up to palace and yesterday was a good chance to rest him.

Would have knocked Tino's confidence and fans' faith in him. We were never getting a third with or without that switch. Howe has enough about him to see that knackered or cautioned or not the FBs could see the game out. Literally the only positive to making the switch would be to stop people saying 'he should have made the switch' and I don't think Eddie is too stressed about what we think

Edited by OpenC

Watching the game yesterday, we were crying out for subs to help out jaded players.

Dan burn and tripps (his worst game) should have been subbed because wolves were taking the piss down both wings. Neto was unbelievable in everything he did until his injury!

I was screaming for some new legs from 60 mins on...

Thought eddie would have thrown on a couple more subs as their second goal was always loking likely to occur.

Dortmund will be difficult; today and tomorrow to recover, fly out on tuesday and prepare for game wednesday... phhhh!

11 minutes ago, buzza said:

Watching the game yesterday, we were crying out for subs to help out jaded players.

Dan burn and tripps (his worst game) should have been subbed because wolves were taking the piss down both wings. Neto was unbelievable in everything he did until his injury!

I was screaming for some new legs from 60 mins on...

Thought eddie would have thrown on a couple more subs as their second goal was always loking likely to occur.

Dortmund will be difficult; today and tomorrow to recover, fly out on tuesday and prepare for game wednesday... phhhh!

Or even play 3 at the back and bring Targett on as LWB - Dummett as the left of 3 - narrow the width available to Wolves - make them come inside - then hit them on the break 

Yes we have circa 7 players out - at least try to manage the game better - I think that’s what frustrates quite a few - could easily have gained 2 or 4 points extra from Wolves/WHU

he needs to improve on seeing games out tactically react in time.

there will be lot of games where we cannot decide by scoring another  or another two.

where we are 1-0 up or 2-1 up and we need to avoid conceding to win 1-0 or 2-1, last two away games perfect example, WHU and Wolves,we let it slide dropping important points. had we not had a high tempo midweek CL game vs top teams we might have enough stamina and concentration to see it out but we had those CL games.

lack of rotation will cause our players being ran into the ground by Christmas. our PL rivals in the CL will not start same 8-9 players throughout all CL games + PL games every game.

particularly worried of Burn, Trippier, Schar, Bruno, Gordon, Almiron, Longstaff. they can only relax now if they get an injury.

last year we did not have this issue, had an easier Carabao run and no CL. Tranmare away then Palace and Bournemouth at home until the semis. now City then United away... also group of death in CL, very unlucky that. neither of Arsenal-s group opponents as strong as any of ours. same with City.

also full week regeneration between PL fixtures mostly last season.

now Spurs have that (also fucked off Carabao very early).

we really messed up on the transfer window, Tonali one backfired, Barnes unable to help us much until January, while Livramento, Hall are good prospects but Howe does not think much of them yet to throw them in as starter in PL games.

so basically we go months without any of new signings starting much now.

while at rivals look at Maddison, how much he adds as a new signing. or Rice to Arsenal. or Doku at City or Szoboszlai at Pool etc.

we probably have one good loan signing left in us for January, cant see much money possible to spend due to FFP, hope its a loan who can come in an help as a starter.

we cannot allow no european footie next season that would be a big drop on revenue. even EL makes some money, about half of CL which is still nice assuming we would get until last 8 at least.

with 5 CL places up for grabs really wish we could get 5th at least, but will be brutally hard as we need to beat off three of United, Chelsea Villa imo. (maybe Brighton too).

I would be surprised if City, Arse, Pool, Surs wouldnt share top4 in some order. 5th could be our wild card still big competition for that alone.

next three is horrible set of schedule, United away, Arsenal home, Dortmund away, getting just one win in these would be great.

38 minutes ago, buzza said:

id imagine it would be fine if we had a week to prepare, can imagine that schedule would make it tough to get players to Old Trafford on Wednesday though

I’d like to see Howe get back to seeing these games out like he did last season and the other before — it’s subs, it’s slowing the game down, being creative within the rules to give ourselves a chance to get a break and get the ball up the pitch. It’s about not overstretching ourselves to the point where we are up by 1 goal and bombing up the pitch after 2 days rest. We’ve dropped 7 points from winning positions and you can blame the depth of squad all you want but we had 20+ mins or less to see these out and we failed to do so and it looked entirely our own fault as well. 

Edited by Kanji

Believe Howes decision making cost us against Liverpool and yesterday, don't know about anyone else , but , Tripps clearly drained along with one or two others no reason to me why he couldn't of brought Liverimento, Hall, and couple of others on, can't keep using s me lot if it costs us points

Arguably the club should've offered Howe some cover at the start of the season by stating that much of our transfer activity was not with a view to immediate success, if that really was the case. On the face of it, it certainly looked ridiculous to have so many drained players out there yesterday and supposedly no feasible way of relieving them. Personally I'd hope we could have more faith in Tino, Targett and Hall by now.

I said many times last season, and I stand by it, that this season will very much be about learning lessons. Both for the players, management and fans. So it's acceptable if things like this happen in my view, we just need to bank as much success as possible and learn from these experiences so they're minimised in the future.

Personally thought the problem yesterday was the lack of cover for the full backs from a tiring midfield. Aye, Trippier was poor on the ball, but it was too easy for Wolves to play the ball through or over the top to give the winger a run at the full back. 

10 hours ago, Ikon said:

Even if Tino wouldn’t have made a big difference it might have given Tripps a well needed rest to be fresher for the coming games which might benefit him and us long term. As well as getting Tino som important minutes. 

I think he kept Trippier on knowing he'd not play on Wednesday and is still our most likely source of providing a goal whether it's open play or a set-piece. 

5 hours ago, 80 said:

I said many times last season, and I stand by it, that this season will very much be about learning lessons. Both for the players, management and fans. So it's acceptable if things like this happen in my view, we just need to bank as much success as possible and learn from these experiences so they're minimised in the future.

Whilst we are ahead of the project which I think has caught everyone on the hop , hindsight is great, but perhaps if it was possible to sort some insurance out incase thereof. Whilst we have brought players in am still wondering why we haven't played those guys, after all if Barcelona can bring  a very good 16/17 on the pitch we are always reluctant to do so in a competive environment.There is no point in statements being made to the effect they're not ready or don't want to ruin careers, as needs must , if good enough then on you go bonny lad.

11 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Whilst we are ahead of the project which I think has caught everyone on the hop , hindsight is great, but perhaps if it was possible to sort some insurance out incase thereof. Whilst we have brought players in am still wondering why we haven't played those guys, after all if Barcelona can bring  a very good 16/17 on the pitch we are always reluctant to do so in a competive environment.There is no point in statements being made to the effect they're not ready or don't want to ruin careers, as needs must , if good enough then on you go bonny lad.

I think it's just one of the downsides of Howe being so fastidious in everything he does. Overall it's massively beneficial to us, but it does minimise any serendipity. In my mind there's no doubt that Livramento and Targett would've been beneficial for us yesterday, but by and large, if he hasn't planned for it, he won't have it. We tend to stay the course until we hit an obstacle which prompts a reboot and a replanning session which unlocks another great run.