Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Who's even calling for his head anyway?

Everyone is up for criticism/ praise and no one should be above it.

Nobody obviously, but it’s this constant ridiculous “questions need to be asked” whenever there is a loss. If it was just down to emotions of the minute, fine. But a few go on about it until the next damn game. 

We are in amazing position still considering the circumstances. European spot in the league, league cup quater final and further European football this season still in our hands with the hardest possible draws in both competitions. 

His squad management has been poor this season like soon as the injuries started to pile up I thought he'd use the squad to rotate out tired players but he didn't. Now we barely have a squad to rotate which isn't entirely his fault but could of been minimised by doing so. 

7 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

It's a bit rich to be talking about people not seeing the bigger picture in such condescending fashion when you were against us appointing Howe and wanted Gerrard, like. :lol:

What? Stupid fuck. Show me where I wanted Gerrard?

Really disappointing today, I'm not really sure what our plan was meant to be in the first half which is ultimately where the game was lost, but this is kinda classic Howe. A couple of poor results usually culminate in fairly class winning run.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we win the next 4 in considerable style.

It is mad that we went from playing that fantastic football against Man U to the last  2 pitiful performances. Just so worryingly open at times.

Getting a few back this week will be huge.

38 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Been a supporter since a kid in the 60's climbing up the brick stairs at the gallowgaye also allowed an opinion

Even more concerning that the opinion is so shite after fucking decades.

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

His squad management has been poor this season like soon as the injuries started to pile up I thought he'd use the squad to rotate out tired players but he didn't. Now we barely have a squad to rotate which isn't entirely his fault but could of been minimised by doing so. 

I really think the rotation think is massively overplayed.

Defence aside, we rotated plenty when a decent amount of the squad were available.

Isak-Wilson, all 4 wingers getting starts, pretty much all of our midfield options apart from Miley (understandable) and Willock (injured) were used too despite there being some preseason hangover.

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

When? When should he have rotated and with who? 

Nomatter what happens (unless it gets extreme), he should be getting another try next season. Shouldn't even be a discussion about it right now though, way too early.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Really disappointing today, I'm not really sure what our plan was meant to be in the first half which is ultimately where the game was lost, but this is kinda classic Howe. A couple of poor results usually culminate in fairly class winning run.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we win the next 4 in considerable style.

It is mad that we went from playing that fantastic football against Man U to the last  2 pitiful performances. Just so worryingly open at times.

Getting a few back this week will be huge.

Maybe lacking the energy to close the gaps! We’ll pick up again. This is a journey we’re on and we’re going upwards. It’s bitter sweet to care again. Thank fuck we have a cloob back. Roll on Milan :indi:

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

You may want to leave those past posts in the ground. You weren’t exactly at your best in those days.

I wanted Emery. I wasn't sure if Howe had enough in him. Gerrard when never a mention. Its a cunts trick making shit up like that.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I really think the rotation think is massively overplayed.

Defence aside, we rotated plenty when a decent amount of the squad were available.

Isak-Wilson, all 4 wingers getting starts, pretty much all of our midfield options apart from Miley (understandable) and Willock (injured) were used too despite there being some preseason hangover.

Nah Anderson barely got a game then he got injured Targett couldn't get a sniff even though burn was fucked after forty minutes every game miggy constantly played and Murphy wasn't even getting minutes at one point. 

9 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Nobody obviously, but it’s this constant ridiculous “questions need to be asked” whenever there is a loss. If it was just down to emotions of the minute, fine. But a few go on about it until the next damn game. 

Been on the West Ham forum and they’re asking questions, as are people on red cafe as they are on the Chelsea forum - it’s a common response and not unique to us.

Just now, andycap said:

Nah Anderson barely got a game then he got injured Targett couldn't get a sniff even though burn was fucked after forty minutes every game miggy constantly played and Murphy wasn't even getting minutes at one point. 

Anderson started 4 league games in a row before getting injured.

Don't disagree about the defence, made that very clear already.

Don’t get the calls for rotation in the last few matches. 

The time to rotate is at home, against lower half opposition.  Or on strict minutes management the way Klopp does it - regardless of game state.  The first - Howe didn’t do when he has the opportunity but that time has gone. The second - that’s not his style and that requires a proper squad.  

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

You’re right about Targett and Murphy although he had a decent run at one point but Anderson got decent time I feel. Hall hasn’t though and needs to be used more I reckon.

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

I don’t remember who you wanted. I do remember that you were pretty agonizing  for about a month.

This isn't me not wanting Howe, I'll back him, but I'm not going to pretend he's blameless in this and certainly can see some difficult games coming up in quick succession and with a derby looming this is a real test for him. Don't see the issue in saying that. It is. Anyone thinking it's not is in denial. 

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Been on the West Ham forum and they’re asking questions, as are people on red cafe as they are on the Chelsea forum - it’s a common response and not unique to us.

Didn’t say it was unique at all. Given the lack of a bigger picture, It is irritating whenever it is.