Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

You just don’t get the concept. Managers that have the energy to just go again season after season are few and far between. Maybe 3 or 4 in world football.

There’s a bunch of very effective managers who can give 2/3 good seasons before fatigue kicks in.

Eddie Howe is a spent force currently but does that make him a bad manager? No it doesn’t.. I think he could do with a break though.

We sack him, someone else will benefit in a year or so.

So what if we had someone else who could come in while Eddie took on a Football Director type role.. while having the time to recharge, upskill and come back with fresh ideas.

2/3 years and that person takes up the role and Eddie steps back in.

You have a squad that never gets stale with training and a plan. It’s not a new idea.. Alex Ferguson didn’t do any of the training.. he got good coaches in and the team stayed fresh.. then changed it up every 3/4 seasons.

But no current manager will ever have a stranglehold on a club like the way SAF did and Eddie Howe is too loyal to his current team so it’ll only go one way unfortunately.

I don’t think the concept is totally unreasonable.

With all due respect, this is a loonycrackers take Dr Jinx - and it was the first time you put it up.  But it’s your hill, it’s for you to die on it if you wish ;) 

11 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Klopp most would consider elite and hasn’t played anything other than 4-3-3 in his time at Liverpool

He would often go 4-2-4 in some form though, as the central striker was always someone who could drop off out of possession. 

3 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Dude, you have zero concept of human psychology. I was just in a co-director situation for a film  and it was an utter disaster. And given the egos of most directors, very few would ever even agree to it for obvious reasons.

it’s a complete non starter because you will never get two elite managers agreeing to that. For you to stick with it is just utterly daft. And I assume that you Are better than such a daft suggestion. 

You sure mention your films often.

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He has.  But only when Liverpool have been shit and it’s never really worked. At times last season he went 4231. 

Honestly should be a lesson to learn. I can't imagine many on here don't rate Klopp. If it didn't work for him in an injury hit season...

4 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Dude, you have zero concept of human psychology. I was just in a co-director situation for a film  and it was an utter disaster. And given the egos of most directors, very few would ever even agree to it for obvious reasons. Obviously different that your suggestion of rotation, but good luck on getting anyone to buy into that 

it’s a complete non starter because you will never get two elite managers agreeing to that. For you to stick with it is just utterly daft. And I assume that you Are better than such a daft suggestion. 

What was the film? Was it a bluey?

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Even with a fit squad. The flat 3 is susceptible to being played straight through. Huge gap between defence and midfield in mid to low blocks. But with athletes in there we are better able to squeeze opposition and make recovery runs. 

Agreed, and without a keeper that sweeps up well the defence will play 10/20 yards making that gap even bigger and this midfield less capable of getting back. Give Willock or Joelinton 5 yards to make up when tracking, I'm backing them a lot of the time. Give anyone 10-20 they've got no chance.

2 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

The ease in which our midfield 3 is passed through is a concern though.

But I think that's an ethos issue not a shape one. The answer for 3 one-paced mids isn't to go down to 2 imo - you're just opening up more space unless you go exceptionally narrow in the wider positions or have very aggressive CBs (who need to be excellent at it).

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

With all due respect, this is a loonycrackers take Dr Jinx - and it was the first time you put it up.  But it’s your hill, it’s for you to die on it if you wish ;) 

It’s not about dying on a hill. I think Howe is done currently.. but it’s nothing that a said time away to recharge and upskill wouldn’t fix.

But that doesn’t exist in the current way football structures work so he’ll likely just get sacked after a period of time.. it may not be the summer.. could be middle of next season and it’ll almost feel like everything he achieved was for nothing when the vibe turns on him.. and it will.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

But I think that's an ethos issue not a shape one. The answer for 3 one-paced mids isn't to go down to 2 imo - you're just opening up more space unless you go exceptionally narrow in the wider positions or have very aggressive CBs (who need to be excellent at it).

Easier for a defender to push up to a 10 or advancing 8 in a back 5 though.  And in a 2 - both sit. So less chance of being turned in transition.  

Either way it’s Howe’s job to find a solution.  What we have doesn’t work. 

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

It’s not about dying on a hill. I think Howe is done currently.. but it’s nothing that a said time away to recharge and upskill wouldn’t fix.

But that doesn’t exist in the current way football structures work so he’ll likely just get sacked after a period of time.. it may not be the summer.. could be middle of next season and it’ll almost feel like everything he achieved was for nothing when the vibe turns on him.. and it will.

I honestly think you’re barking up the wrong hill with the manager rotation idea, but it’s your view and that’s fine.  Can’t see it working myself. 

Getting tired of people calling fellow fans entitled for witnessing shite.

That performance was horrific. The midfield was just getting ran through and our players immediately looked lethargic from the start of the game.

Any criticism of Howe and it's automatically "entitled Saudi regime fans" or "Eddie deserves better" it's fucking boring man.

Edited by Menace