Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

18 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

But both Klopp and Pep proved they were elite coached a long time ago. Howe hasn’t.  

I don’t think Howe is as good as either. I would like to see him given a chance to prove me wrong. But this season has the potential to be horrid and cost him his job and he won’t be unlucky if it happens.  

He has to scrape us to 7th imo.  From what I’ve seen in the last few weeks - I don’t see it.  We need to improve. Perhaps Joe W coming back is a turning point. He doesn’t have the answers with the current midfield options.  

FFS ! 

Stop wetting the bed. 

Not that I want him to go, I want him to continue tbh, but people should understand that we are very likely to finish around 10-15 this season. I really ain’t sure what PIF would do by then.

Comparing Howe with Ancelotti and co is fucking insane like :lol: Especially when Ancelotti at Everton did barely a fraction of what Howe has done for us so far.

I don't want him gone by a long stretch - but there are a few warning signs I'm concerned about

image.thumb.png.c2537b140fb205071234a03ac087f90e.png

Injuries or not - we're joint on points with Fulham and Luton over the last 10 games.

Edited by Menace

40 minutes ago, Sufi said:

I’m not sure which camp annoys me more. The doom squad who are turning on Eddie after an injury crisis…or the boot lickers who view him as infallible based on one incredible season. 

Any manager can be criticized. Eddie has made several mistakes this season.

He deserves more time but shouldn’t be given too long of a leash purely based on the injuries (or last seasons successes) 

What you doing here mate? Rhetorical question without asking a question or just gaslighting with writing one phrase then recapturing the same phrase in another context?

1 minute ago, Dava1892 said:

What you doing here mate? Rhetorical question without asking a question or just gaslighting with writing one phrase then recapturing the same phrase in another context?

I need a translator for this one 

He’s got some things wrong, but you would hope that he’d learn from it.

Burn aside, he’s usually been quick to learn from his mistakes.

The club also have to take a portion of the blame. We knew we would be stretched this year. We shouldn’t have been bringing in Barnes when we bought Gordon 6 months before, and Almirón, and Murphy were the options on the right.

We probably shouldn’t have been bringing in Hall, if he wasn’t going to be in Howe’s plans this season.

We should probably have moved Wilson on, considering both his age, and his injury record.

Edited by Stifler

5 minutes ago, Menace said:

Comparing Howe with Ancelotti and co is fucking insane like :lol: Especially when Ancelotti at Everton did barely a fraction of what Howe has done for us so far.

I don't want him gone by a long stretch - but there are a few warning signs I'm concerned about

Injuries or not - we're joint on points with Fulham and Luton over the last 10 games.

But why do you say ‘injuries or not’? :lol:

I think the biggest legitimate criticism you can throw at Howe has been his inflexibility to change players and/or formation over the last few months. We all know injuries have played a massive part on things and he's had his hands tied in some respects but going with the same players in the same formation game after game after game - even when he's had the chance to swap things just a bit - has lead to us becoming a bit stale, predictable and soft. It would be naive to think other managers don't do their homework on us and come up with a plan and I do think he's fallen into the trap of doing exactly what the opposition expect and they've exploited it to the max.

Not changing anything at all despite being cut open by team after team can't be anything other than a legit concern. Again, i accept he's only got so many players available but that's all the more reason to ask different teams different questions in different situations. Trying to implement a consistent structure and method of playing is one thing, doing exactly the same thing every week while you're shipping an average of 3 a game for months on end is ridiculous.    

28 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

But both Klopp and Pep proved they were elite coached a long time ago. Howe hasn’t.  

I don’t think Howe is as good as either. I would like to see him given a chance to prove me wrong. But this season has the potential to be horrid and cost him his job and he won’t be unlucky if it happens.  

He has to scrape us to 7th imo.  From what I’ve seen in the last few weeks - I don’t see it.  We need to improve. Perhaps Joe W coming back is a turning point. He doesn’t have the answers with the current midfield options.  

Come on. You’ve had some consistently great posts recently but you

undermine yourself slightly when you go down this path. There is no evidence yet to suggest that they will axe him if we finish mid table this season. You are creating these conditions that he needs to meet this season. The owners (so far) strike me as not particularly reactionary.

Yes one manager has won league titles in 4 countries and has won 4 CL titles. The other managed Bournemouth. One is proven at the highest level, the other isn’t. 

So while Howe shares many strengths and weaknesses with Klopp - he doesn’t have the reputation or proven record. I’m not sure he can survive a 9th placed finish. If we had Klopp - he would survive an awful season. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Yes one manager has won league titles in 4 countries and has won 4 CL titles. The other managed Bournemouth. One is proven at the highest level, the other isn’t. 

So while Howe shares many strengths and weaknesses with Klopp - he doesn’t have the reputation or proven record. I’m not sure he can survive a 9th placed finish. If we had Klopp - he would survive an awful season. 

Where are you getting this though? Honestly Sounds more like your 

expectations than the ownership’s right now. 

2 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Come on. You’ve had some consistently great posts recently but you

undermine yourself slightly when you go down this path. There is no evidence yet to suggest that they will axe him if we finish mid table this season. You are creating these conditions that he needs to meet this season. The owners (so far) strike me as not particularly reactionary.

Yes I agree there is no evidence they will sack him for a midtable finish.  There is also no evidence they will keep him with a disappointing midtable finish either. 

Im confident there would be a ‘why did things go badly’ conversation. That could go in many directions.  One of which could cost Eddie his job.  That much I think is true.  How likely it is - I have no idea. 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Yes I agree there is no evidence they will sack him for a midtable finish.  There is also no evidence they will keep him with a disappointing midtable finish either. 

Im confident there would be a ‘why did things go badly’ conversation. That could go in many directions.  One of which could cost Eddie his job.  That much I think is true.  How likely it is - I have no idea. 

They’ve been fairly non reactionary (certainly so in the transfer market) , and even expected this season to be tricker. so I don’t think it’s even odds at all. Likelier that he doesn’t get sacked.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Where are you getting this though? Honestly Sounds more like your 

expectations than the ownership’s right now. 

Eales in January publicly stated qualifying for Europe was a realistic aim for the rest of the season (and it still is). Should we fall short - we would have failed the mid season target from the CEO. What happens from there - I do not know. Could blame it all on Dan. I thought it was interesting Eales did that interview and not Dan.  Could blame it on Eddie. Who knows.  

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Eales in January publicly stated qualifying for Europe was a realistic aim for the rest of the season (and it still is). Should we fall short - we would have failed the mid season target from the CEO. What happens from there - I do not know. Could blame it all on Dan. I thought it was interesting Eales did that interview and not Dan.  Could blame it on Eddie. Who knows.  

He said it was realistic but they also discussed last season how hard it can be on thin squads to balance champions league with everything else, which suggests that they have been prepared to experience a blip season

20 minutes ago, Menace said:

I’m not sure what you mean by injuries or not. We have tons of injuries. It impacts our squad. 

Home/away splits? Strength of schedule? 

wolves are also equal with villa according to this metric with 17 from 10

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

He said it was realistic but they also discussed last season how hard it can be on thin squads to balance champions league with everything else, which suggests that they have been prepared to experience a blip season

Yeh a blip to fall from the CL To maybe the Conference League. You don’t spend £60m on a midfielder and £70m on fullbacks to not compete in Europe the following year at all.  

He ended with the goal of qualifying for Europe in 23/24. Therefore falling short would be considered a failure. 

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

So how is Howe supposed to reach this Elite level, if he isn't given the time required to build a squad capable of competing on said level?