Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

This 'signing players for Eddie's system' stuff is a load of bollocks, right?

We've signed some absolute class. Trippier, Bruno, Isak, Tonali etc. and others aren't one dimensional footballers. The more future signings like Tino and Hall are definitely technical players as well.

Most of the hard-working, physical but lacking in technique ones were, shock horror, here when we were a relegation-battling side.

Let's not let facts get in the way of fantasy.

13 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Not the time to be sarcastic. But I know you’re one who supports Howe mate.  My comment wasn’t meant for you bro. 

Ah, okay. Thought you were replying to my post :thup:

14 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Id love for the genius know it Alls here who run a business to explain what they’d do to keep up with their business plan when their top 4-5 people are not able to work. But no no no it’s Howe ball and ashworth and all this other fucking utter stupid nonsense. 

Even Arsenal fans weren't this over the top when Arteta was struggling to get 4th with a far higher quality squad, and while spending a lot of money.

It's literally one season after getting us Champions League against all odds, and all this noise.

It's pretty disgraceful, but if this is what the fan base at large ends up being then so be it. They will no doubt learn the hard way, and get what they deserve.

Edited by KaKa

The knee-jerk shit almost typifies the fans that expected instant success, the “wa thu richest club in the world man” types. 

We had an amazing season last season that has only fuelled the fire. I’ve seen some bizzare shit posted this season, absolutely not taking any note of injuries, games played etc. It seems to be getting worse. Self entitlement is an awful trait. 

Mike Ashley. Steve Bruce. John Carver.  Dennis Wise. Joe Kinnear. Alan Pardew.  Fucking have some of that

Blackburn is the biggest game of the season so far. Beat them and we’re down to potentially being in Europe with 2 wins, depending who is the other team in the cup final.

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not like Luke to be a voice of reason. 

He's still making a shit point though. First of all "in 2024" - well its only February and the last two results in 2023 were defeats to Forest and Luton. We've also drawn with both Bournemouth and Luton at home.

We're clearly in shit form. That isn't the same as "Sack Eddie" or "Richest club in tha' World". The fact that the poor form has continued despite players gradually returning from injury and the fixtures list easing is a concern.

We've got a favourable run of fixtures coming up so there is plenty of time to change the narrative. 

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Stop talking so much sense, boot licker!

Yeah - fuck off back to “sensible land” and live in your “level headed house”. Some people want us to go through managers like spinal tap drummers. Yeah I don’t agree with some of his decisions but sack him?? That’s obscured.

i said before the season started I think we’d finish around 8th and I’d be happy but to do it with our injury list is decent, plus that is first defeat in 5 games for us.

8 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

But both Klopp and Pep proved they were elite coached a long time ago. Howe hasn’t.  

I don’t think Howe is as good as either. I would like to see him given a chance to prove me wrong. But this season has the potential to be horrid and cost him his job and he won’t be unlucky if it happens.  

He has to scrape us to 7th imo.  From what I’ve seen in the last few weeks - I don’t see it.  We need to improve. Perhaps Joe W coming back is a turning point. He doesn’t have the answers with the current midfield options.  

You're not disagreeing with me here, you're emphasising the point I'm making.

The rest I think is a bit over the top and excessively pessimistic imo, but that's your opinion, fair enough. 

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Even Arsenal fans weren't this over the top when Arteta was struggling to get 4th with a far higher quality squad, and while spending a lot of money.

It's literally one season after getting us Champions League against all odds, and all this noise.

It's pretty disgraceful, but if this is what the fan base at large ends up being then so be it. They will no doubt learn the hard way, and get what they deserve.

I’ll have you know I’m a Devops Engineering Lead and not a few months ago I had a fairly new developer in on her own that week as the other devs were either ill or away on holiday . We had a deadline and release to hit at the end of the week and she just couldn’t get it done so I sacked her!!

(I didn’t- just wanted to get down how stupid it sounds in real world off I had)

Edited by Gawalls

When was the last time we had a full strength squad?  
Without Pope, Joe and Wilson I don’t think we are anywhere near a top 10 premiership club.  Howe over-performing with what’s available to him. 

1 minute ago, black_n_white said:

Eddie’s target now must be 7th and going as far in FA cup. Anything less will be disappointing.

Not for me - say we finish 8th or even 9th, before we came somebody has said in the next three seasons you’ll finish 11th, 4th and 8th - getting a cup final along the way, would you have been happy with that?? I personally would have snapped their hands off.

1 minute ago, RS said:

Without Pope, Joe and Wilson I don’t think we are anywhere near a top 10 premiership club.  Howe over-performing with what’s available to him. 

When was the last time we had anywhere near a full strength squad ? I don't think I've ever known a season like this for long term Injuries to first teamers.

3 minutes ago, RS said:

Agreed - when we had dubs in 21-22 season we finished 11th and that seems about right to me. I can’t see how you can finish higher with dubs playing personally .

3 minutes ago, RS said:

I think this is fair. I do think people forget just how bad the injuries have been and the impact these have had on our season. 

Yes, other teams have had it bad. Namely Villa and Man U. But I’d argue they clearly have stronger squads than us and were further ahead on that side of things. 

We regularly have benches full of kids, older players who were past it years ago and the odd player starting that is barely a top ten ability regular. Then said players getting burnt out, due to no genuine options to rotate with. 

I think people are probably fed up of the injuries ‘excuse.’ Annoyed at some of the perceived mistakes Howe keeps making and the seeming inability to adapt. But it is by far and away the biggest reason. 

Yes the football and namely the defending as a whole has been criminal. But we’re still in with a chance of top 7, possibly top 6 and we have some important players coming back. 

Set the bar almost too high last season. Not sure this was ever a top 4 squad. Just like I’m sure this current NUFC squad, when most of the players are available. Is far better than they are showing. 

16 minutes ago, RS said:

You think a squad with Trippier, Botman, Bruno, Isak, Gordon isn't anywhere near top-10? Looking at the table that would put us somewhere in the Palace/Bournemouth area? Or lower?

Edited by Keegans Export

5 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

You think a squad with Trippier, Botman, Bruno, Isak, Gordon isn't anywhere near top-10? Looking at the table that would put us somewhere in the Palace/Bournemouth area?

Botman has missed loads of the season. Then looked miles off it and not fully fit since returning. 

Isak has been in and out the team injured and barely able to break into a sprint all season. 

Isn’t the point that too many of our top players and at least rotational options. Haven’t been available enough? 

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Botman has missed loads of the season. Then looked miles off it and not fully fit since returning. 

Isak has been in and out the team injured and barely able to break into a sprint all season. 

Isn’t the point that too many of our top players and at least rotational options. Haven’t been available enough? 

Right, I misunderstood. The post suggested that our squad minus Pope, Joe and Wilson is nowhere near top-10. Well I say "suggested", that's literally what it said [emoji38] but yeah, I agree with the updated version above. 

Edited by Keegans Export

Just now, Keegans Export said:

Right, I misunderstood. Your post suggested that our squad minus Pope, Joe and Wilson is nowhere near top-10. Well I say "suggested", that's literally what it said [emoji38] but yeah, I agree with the updated version above. 

It wasn’t my post. I read it more as the injuries have just fucked us this season. 

I don’t put it all down to Pope, Joe and Wilson either, TBF :lol: