Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Mills and Boon said:

No idea. Maybe using different accounting periods. Kieran is usually accurate and posted that today based on Arsenal's latest accounts. Most clubs haven't released their accounts for 2023 I think so it will change further.

1 minute ago, Mills and Boon said:

Aye he's good the Swiss Ramble fella, which makes me doubt the other sources, but there's a load of them and they're not that old either 

There are huge mitigating factors this season, so if we're the 7th highest payers and end up the 9th highest team then I'm not going to feel it's a significant underperformance personally.  And I still think with a fair wind we'll have a run.

3 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Assuming this has a lot to do with our midfield just getting bypassed, but that's atrocious.

RDT_20240227_1710571179390454698985127.jpg

Not just the midfield but also the more forward 3 not being able to press in the same way due to knowing they have to manage the full game as opposed to giving it all for 70 and being subbed.

Edited by madras

9 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

There are huge mitigating factors this season, so if we're the 7th highest payers and end up the 9th highest team then I'm not going to feel it's a significant underperformance personally.  And I still think with a fair wind we'll have a run.

I'd be interested to see how many of the 7th highest paid players have actually been available this season. If the likes of Tonali, Pope, Wilson, Willock etc were playing then I reckon we might be sitting higher than 9th right now.

6 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

For comparison, this is before Everton and with Pope.

If you extend it through the Forest game, the midpoint of the season, we were 6th in xGA and 1st in xG. 

Screen Shot 2024-02-27 at 12.18.32 PM.png

The Forest game was when Botman came back and we've not looked right since. Not putting all the blame on him mind but his return and struggle for form has coincided with the midfield being overrun and Burn's tough spell.

I've got faith we'll sort it out and finish strong

On 26/02/2024 at 12:43, Big Jow said:

The freshness of those players coming in, not necessarily their quality, made a huge difference.

Give over man, you’re twisting reality to suit your narrative. The quality of the players you bring on in a cup final doesn’t make a difference. Utter twoddle.

18 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

The next closest are Everton & Leicester.

We spend a good 30%+ more on wages compared to West Ham, Brighton & Wolves.

The defence: Pope, Joe's, midfield gap, lack of midfield legs, opps working out Burn is a weakness and I'm sure other things - have all contributed to what is by far the worst defence in the league atm. No 1 single factor will turn a top 3 defence in the league over a season, to the worst in the league over a  6-12 game period.

4 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Give over man, you’re twisting reality to suit your narrative. The quality of the players you bring on in a cup final doesn’t make a difference. Utter twoddle.

That’s just so untrue really. Not sure if you watched the game but the substitutions made changed the flow of the game. That was down to the fresh legs, not the quality, as others have pointed out he bought on youngsters for established quality players.

But each to their own.

28 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

The next closest are Everton & Leicester.

We spend a good 30%+ more on wages compared to West Ham, Brighton & Wolves.

The defence: Pope, Joe's, midfield gap, lack of midfield legs, opps working out Burn is a weakness and I'm sure other things - have all contributed to what is by far the worst defence in the league atm. No 1 single factor will turn a top 3 defence in the league over a season, to the worst in the league over a  6-12 game period.

It won't, but without the initial absentees through injury and suspension, we don't get the subsequent fatigue, soft tissue injuries, exacerbated midfield gap or exposed defence.

Edited by The Prophet

2 hours ago, Big Jow said:

That’s just so untrue really. Not sure if you watched the game but the substitutions made changed the flow of the game. That was down to the fresh legs, not the quality, as others have pointed out he bought on youngsters for established quality players.

But each to their own.

Why didn’t Chelsea’s fresh legs work then?

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Why didn’t Chelsea’s fresh legs work then?

That’s just exaggerating the point really, isn’t it?

Not every substitution will work, but Klopp’s did at the weekend and it was clear an increased energy and workrate supported the change in the dynamics of the game.

Also noting Chelsea made much fewer substitutions at that stage in the game, but I’m assuming you know that.

5 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Make some subs man, we’re not looking good atm. Don’t wait until 60 mins

?

This Eddie Howe has shit ai. Always does subs at 60 mins.