Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, Ste said:

He’s part of a very small group of managers in my lifetime that I listen to every word, every press conference. 

I remember that clip of a pub that fell silent when we got Benitez in and he was speaking on the TV. 

Eddie “fuck the kids I’m watching the champions league & I need to take notes for an idea I’ve got of how we can smash Brighton at the weekend”

our gaffa! ??

:howe:

Really enjoyed it. Happy the club is in the hands of someone so obsessive tbh. As opposed to the porcine loafer that was Wor Steve. 

Blows my mind that anyone wouldn't want this guy as our gaffer.

It terrifies me that we would bring someone else in who wasn't as footy obsessed, or didn't understand the connection with the fans. 

He's got a few minor flaws in his management, sure, but they are so small compared to the massive positives he brings... and we all know he's constantly self assessing.

As a football fan and even a Newcastle fan, I've never enjoyed it so much, I've never felt like I actually like the players, the staff, the people running the club. Even under SBR there was always an element of a "ceiling", under Eddie nothing would shock me regarding our success. 

I'd put some decent money on us winning a trophy in the next few years.

Just listening to Eddie talk about how much input he has and requires on recruitment. I wonder if that put Dan’s nose out? 

Looking forward to whoever we get in taking us onwards and upwards. 

1 hour ago, Astroblack said:

Frustrating interview. Felt like a pick your brain session rather than a profile interview. Neville completely unprepared. 

Agreed. Eddie was prepared for more robust questions I think. Held himself well, as usual.

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

If we win the Europa or Conference League under Eddie, does he get a statue?

definitley an erection from me.

Posted (edited)

Should be noted too that he says “I’ve never thought of international for me” just to put to bed those stupid rumors. 

Edited by cubaricho

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Had a lovely minted lamb chop with carrot and parsnip mash with Mrs G. If it wasn't a school night I think I be in after that. 

Not sure who fancies Eddie more, me or her. He's up there with Brandon Flowers on blokes that could turn me*

Cool as fuck. 

* Couldn't really turn me cos I'm 110% hetro bastard bloke but still ?

If I was gay and had my pick I'd have Beckham. Not for looks just his OCD. The kitchen etc would be immaculate 

Anyways reminds me, and I think I've said it before, of a Times talk in at the Tyneside Cinema with Rafa. Could listen to these blokes talk football all night. 

Neville's a decent chap as well, imho, seems very down to earth. 

Still blows my mind that there are people who can't see that this is a guy always looking to improve. So frustrating during our poorer runs to read nonsense about how he doesn't seem to be learning. Even if you ignore the evidence on the pitch of ways we've tried to tweak our style, just listen to the man speak for more than 60 seconds. We're incredibly lucky to have him.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Still blows my mind that there are people who can't see that this is a guy always looking to improve. So frustrating during our poorer runs to read nonsense about how he doesn't seem to be learning. Even if you ignore the evidence on the pitch of ways we've tried to tweak our style, just listen to the man speak for more than 60 seconds. We're incredibly lucky to have him.

I think what bugs me the most about the negative posts about him in here, and there are many (though usually by the same 5 or 6 posters), it isn't that there's negativity, it's the lack of balance. I am one of Eddie's biggest supporters but even I don't think he does everything perfectly. Yet, you only see those posters that can't wait to stick the boot in, when things have gone wrong. They disappear whenever there's something positive going on, a good win, whatever. If you're going to criticize, fine, but at least stick around and acknowledge the good things too.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

I've never wanted him out like. 

But we need to understand that he makes mistakes and fans should be allowed to voice that. Without been tarred with the negative brush. 

46 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

I think what bugs me the most about the negative posts about him in here, and there are many (though usually by the same 5 or 6 posters), it isn't that there's negativity, it's the lack of balance. I am one of Eddie's biggest supporters but even I don't think he does everything perfectly. Yet, you only see those posters that can't wait to stick the boot in, when things have gone wrong. They disappear whenever there's something positive going on, a good win, whatever. If you're going to criticize, fine, but at least stick around and acknowledge the good things too.

They also don't specifically say they would sack him, they don't have the guts for it and they also don't given an alternative.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

They also don't specifically say they would sack him, they don't have the guts for it and they also don't given an alternative.

Yup, it's all passive aggressive nonsense. "Im not saying i'd get rid but..." etc etc ad nauseum.

Agree with the last two posts. 

The ones that were getting fully stuck into Howe when we were doing shit. Now don’t seem to post much now we’re doing well again. Or only come up with thinly veiled digs at him. Whilst trying to find any reason to dig him out and loads of hypothetical reasons why the club might replace him. 

If we fail to finish 6th or 7th now. Then it would be really disappointing, granted. As we’ve got ourselves in such a great position. But considering plenty would have taken top 6-7 this season. All things considered, whilst not being perfect. Howe has done an outrageous job. 

I genuinely think if we finish 6th. Then factoring everything in. It’s arguably a better season than the one before. 

Top 6 with the injuries we’ve had would be very respectable. Just leaves you wondering where we could have been if it weren’t for that handful of absolutely sloppy games where we should have been better.

What should the target be for next season?

1 minute ago, andycap said:

So basically no one is allowed to have a negative opinion about Eddie. Just the back eddie to the hilt brigade can. ? 

Who are you even responding to? All anyone actually said was, have a bit of perspective and balance. When things go shit, go ahead, fill yer boots, it's a footy forum after all. When things go well, stick around and actually acknowledge it, instead of disappearing because the agenda isn't being filled. This is for the 6-8 posters who do this crap on a regular basis.

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Top 6 with the injuries we’ve had would be very respectable. Just leaves you wondering where we could have been if it weren’t for that handful of absolutely sloppy games where we should have been better.

What should the target be for next season?

Depends how the summer goes. But I think Top 4-6 again and try to get past the QF’s of the cups this time, then who knows. Although the draws were difficult to say the least in all comps.

If it’s just ‘very respectable’ with all the injuries we’ve had. What were you expecting from us this season exactly?! 

Tough crowd. 

2 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Who are you even responding to? All anyone actually said was, have a bit of perspective and balance. When things go shit, go ahead, fill yer boots, it's a footy forum after all. When things go well, stick around and actually acknowledge it, instead of disappearing because the agenda isn't being filled. This is for the 6-8 posters who do this crap on a regular basis.

I'm always about. it's just the vague 6 to 8 posters makes me think your referring to me.