Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Haven't watched the press conference or read the article, so could be that I'm missing context or simply just misunderstand you, but how could Hope have been "the one" being divisive, if the same question had been asked by someone else previously? :lol:

Because someone asked EH but fairly well mannered, EH responded politely saying he’s not going to give weekly updates to who he speaks with. Next question from CH was ‘have you spoke to Paul Mitchel this week?’ 

Followed by ‘do you need to sit down with him and board to get some unity’ or along those lines. 

I get a bit nervous when I see people dismissing any talk of problems behind the scenes out of hand as just know-nothing journos shit-stirring for clicks, because I remember when we were all smugly saying that when they were reporting on problems between Keegan and Ashley and then it suddenly turned out they were all correct. 

Just now, BlueStar said:

I get a bit nervous when I see people dismissing any talk of problems behind the scenes out of hand as just know-nothing journos shit-stirring for clicks, because I remember when we were all smugly saying that when they were reporting on problems between Keegan and Ashley and then it suddenly turned out they were all correct. 

While this is true, we’re not run by Mike Ashley any more. Everyone involved is a professional. 

Watched the presser, Howe visibly extremely relaxed and reiterated that he wants to work as collaboratively as possible. Also emphasised that he'd spoken to members of the board etc. 

I'm as open minded as I think you can reasonably be when it comes to this issue; as I've said before, there's demonstrable evidence that things aren't totally settled behind the scenes. However, Eddie Howe resisting the same tedious and mundane question every single press conference - about whether or not he's spoken to another member of staff - indicates nothing.

Worry if you like but don't fuel your emotions with Craig Hope's sensationalist guff.

18 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Hope once again looking for dramatic headlines. The guy is a huge bellend. Massively gone down in my estimation.

Weapons grade narcissism by No Hope.

53 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

There’s elements of truth to most widely reported rumours imo

Douglas (I think): Following up from last week, has there been any contact between you and Paul this week or is it something that you've just kind of forgotten about really?

Eddie: (laughing) I'm not gonna go into every week in terms of our contact, but collaboration as I've said last week is what we're looking to do to take the club forward.

Hope: Have you spoken to Paul this week?

Eddie: (raises eyebrows and nods towards Douglas) I think I've just answered that one, Craig. I'm not gonna go there.

Hope: You're not gonna go there. Would it be good, beneficial, if you and others, him, whoever at the club did sit down and have a conversation and address some of the concerns that's been...

Eddie: Just so people know I've had conversations with senior members of the board this week, so I'm in regular communication with them. And as I said, trying to collaborate, trying to work together for the benefit of the club. Always. That's always in my heart and always will be while I'm manager of the club.

Followed by a very leading question about how Eddie has said he needs to unify the players, staff, and supporters.

----------------------------

It's clearly not all rainbows and sunshine between Eddie and Mitchell, but Hope is really trying to keep this issue front and center. Eddie seems very relaxed IMO.

7 minutes ago, Displayname said:

There clearly is something not right with their relationship imo. Dont really blame journalists for digging into it.

The only thing in all of this there is, imo, demonstrable evidence of is the drama-mongering, reprehensible, way a couple of local reporters go about their business. Sincerely hope they burn their bridges with the club. 

If their relationship is not right and the owners regard EH as highly as us then perhaps Mitchell might get pushed out. No loss at the moment because he doesn't seem to have done anything 

The two of them obviously aren’t unified, Eddie all but said so more or less. CH obviously makes it sounds much worse than it actually is. Hopefully they can get things solved, but it’s often easier said than done if you have two strong opinions with different ideas and visions on how to move the club forward. In an ideal world I think it’s better that the long term DoF comes in before the coach/manager. 

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

maybe eddie's fine with mitchell but he doesnt want to justify answering the same question over and over again.

who nose.

Well then it would have been easy for him to shut it all down. 

Just now, huss9 said:

may just be pissed off with the likes of Hope stirring.

Understandably, but he isn’t really saying anything to put a lid on it either. This itself will only boost the likes of hope to put even more stuff out. 

There’s issues, it’s clear as a day. If you think otherwise then you’re choosing to keep your eyes closed because it’s not what you want. Yes CH is probably shit stirring a bit much.