Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

30 minutes ago, andycap said:

One game is that it? What about the rest over the last ten month. 

Fulham Bournemouth we never pressed. 

One game, yes.  The last '10 months'.  Well, we we have been pretty bad home and away since the Man U at home game last December and the daft amount of injuries and losing our intensity.  It wasn't a home v away argument.  Our away results were shit, granted.  But we just lost our identity full stop.   

Regarding Fulham and Bournemouth.  We have been pretty crap right up until City this season, though.  Again, it was barely a home v away problem, we were just not up to scratch across the board for various reasons.  I would say we have always been far more aggressive with our press at home, as well.  Sort of to be expected, really.  

I think the last 3 games show that we are getting better and something like our old selves.  Just the results haven't quite gone our way.  Hopefully that means we are trending in the right direction.   

If we go to Chelsea and are completely passive that would be a concern.  But they are a good side and were playing round Liverpool's press with ease at times.  So maybe we will stand off a bit at times.  If we followed up with another soft showing at Forest away and not pressing when we have the opportunity.  Then yes, maybe you might have a reason to be so angry :lol: 

This point could go in multiple different topics but I suppose I'll put it here. He was asked in this morning's press conference by several "journalists" whether the club can still satisfy the ambition of our "big" players who want to be playing in Europe. In response Eddie said that it's a two way street: if those players have European ambitions then they should be performing to European levels. Bang on and something that doesn't get said often enough.

1 hour ago, Bunk Moreland said:

This point could go in multiple different topics but I suppose I'll put it here. He was asked in this morning's press conference by several "journalists" whether the club can still satisfy the ambition of our "big" players who want to be playing in Europe. In response Eddie said that it's a two way street: if those players have European ambitions then they should be performing to European levels. Bang on and something that doesn't get said often enough.

47142276-54EE-408F-8C27-9216FCD55146.gif

2 hours ago, Bunk Moreland said:

Correct. 100% blood sweat and tears from them every game (for the privilege of wearing the shirt) Shape up or ship out! Starting on Sunday. I want my 3 points you fuckers! Entertain me [emoji38] 

5 hours ago, Bunk Moreland said:

Fucking incredible response by Eddie

5 hours ago, Bunk Moreland said:

And he’ll be absolutely right. Finding it hard to place to much blame at his door for the last two games in particular. The last 20-25 minutes and the subs against Brighton he probably let himself down but the game should have been killed by then. All those being linked away if we don’t Europe are the reasons why we’ll not be in Europe unless they start performing. 

I've always thought the same about relegation. Many years ago when Palace were relegated literally half the team wanted to be away 'cause they wanted to play in the Premier League. Well you should've stayed up then FFS!

I mean if it's one star player fair enough, but half the fucking side!

On 22/10/2024 at 17:18, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We actually have decent CB depth, 5 for 2 positions. It’s just two are injured. 

6 even, if you count Krafth. Not really related to your point, but 4 of them are past 30.. We're going to need atleast 2 more of good quality in the next few years.

7 hours ago, Bunk Moreland said:

Love it Eddie. 

22 hours ago, Bunk Moreland said:

Exactly, we talk as if Newcastle United has some kind of responsibility to take Isak and Bruno to the Champions League every season or otherwise we’ve failed them.

Shite, I love all our players but they could not have realistically expected progression any quicker than we’ve had. 

The tone of our discussions is borderline embarrassing at the moment.

Everything at other clubs is amazing and their transfers are class, every player we’ve sold should’ve been kept but every player we’ve kept should have been sold for PSR. A lad who never player for us is a criminal sale, Chris Wood is the new Drogba. Tonali was a bad signing, we should’ve bought someone from the Champ for half the money. Tino and Hall were a waste of money. RW was always the priority even though it obviously was also CB, CM and CF. 

When are we supposed to be happy? As you can tell it really winds me up :lol:

33 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The tone of our discussions is borderline embarrassing at the moment.

Everything at other clubs is amazing and their transfers are class, every player we’ve sold should’ve been kept but every player we’ve kept should have been sold for PSR. A lad who never player for us is a criminal sale, Chris Wood is the new Drogba. Tonali was a bad signing, we should’ve bought someone from the Champ for half the money. Tino and Hall were a waste of money. RW was always the priority even though it obviously was also CB, CM and CF. 

When are we supposed to be happy? As you can tell it really winds me up :lol:

I think most people are happy tbh, doesn’t mean you can’t discuss valid points on what we think could/should have been done differently. 

For those who have expreesed a doubt as to Eddie might have reached a ceiling:

The club were second-bottom, winless and with three points from seven games in October 2021 when the takeover was completed. Across the subsequent three years, only four teams have claimed more points (186).

5 hours ago, Irish Magpie said:

For those who have expreesed a doubt as to Eddie might have reached a ceiling:

What’s the position from the start of the 22/23 season or even 23/24?

after a sticky winter we were flying second half of the first season points wise and then obviously took a load 22/23.

have we plateaued since then? Absolutely and that would begin to define reaching a ceiling. Note the begin there, it’s not a statement saying he has

21 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

At the end of the day the league table will be the factor that everyone looks at.

By the time West Ham come to SJP it could be looking bleak. Probably out of the cup too.

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

By the time West Ham come to SJP it could be looking bleak. Probably out of the cup too.

Crazy situation this, the board have not helped Howe at all, they can't sack him because of their poor performance.

Just now, Ben said:

Crazy situation this, the board have not helped Howe at all, they can't sack him because of their poor performance.

I just don’t see him as blameless. I don’t have evidence to back it up, but from what has been reported I cannot go along with the “poor Eddie” line. Board also hold responsibility. 

4 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I just don’t see him as blameless. I don’t have evidence to back it up, but from what has been reported I cannot go along with the “poor Eddie” line. Board also hold responsibility. 

I think the squad would look totally different if Howe got his way this summer.

10 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Who you wanting to replace him?

Who's doing a better job than what he's done with us?

52 minutes ago, jack j said:

Who you wanting to replace him?

Who's doing a better job than what he's done with us?

Not attainable now but I reckon we’d be in a slightly better position overall if they had landed Dracula instead of Howe.

I wouldn’t go there as it would be very short termism but Jose would inject a winners attitude to the club.

or there’s always lampard….