Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

25 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Well they are all tories, who have a propensity for picking one dud leader after another, so maybees incoming

Assuming that means you and I are the opposite of them, then we've done exactly the same because all politicians are shite.

When it comes to this topic though, I like to think they would be on the same page as the majority of our fans, otherwise they would be seen as complete and utter morons.

I'm sure it was a wind up everton twitter account that has caused this bollocks. Barely even seen any flapping on social media. Pretry much Everyone realises injuries are fucking us

Everyone's losing their heads for no reason at all

1 hour ago, Dancing Brave said:

That's a terrible attempt at a wind up. 

0/10 must improve

Tell that to @r0cafella, pal. 

P.s. I would like to state for the record I just shitpost to amuse myself. I'm as shocked as anyone when someone bites.

Edited by wormy

I think all this talk, about Howe has taken us as far as he can. All stems from the Man city takeover in September 2008.

They all said Mark Hughes was on borrowed time but he stayed until 19 December 2009 after only winning 2 games from 11.

He was replaced by Roberto Mancini. I don't think Howe is under any pressure, We are  just cursed with Injuries at the moment.

Buy every club are hit with there fair share of injuries at some time.

To the Simon Jordan's of this world that use the Mark Hughes analogy. I call bullshit. Howe has already massively out done anything Hughes did as a manager.

His feats with Bournemouth alone, but even then, the way he kept us up from a seemingly impossible position when he took over, finishing 11th no less. (Was a record recovery wasn't it?)

Then to do what he did last season and get top 4 was astounding. 

He will be with us a long time, unless there was some extreme unforeseen downturn in form over an extended time.

Yeah people keep making the Man City comparison, but the situation and the managers are wildly different. You just can't make that comparison. All the comments about "has taken us as far as he can" are based on nothing of substance at all.

Edited by Erikse

7 hours ago, Joe1984 said:

Here's a question? Who do you replace Howe with?

The heat death of the universe after billions of years of CL domination and a trophy cabinet in the stratosphere. 

Howe, in his press conference today, was asked if he was willing to sign players from Saudi Arabia now that the temporary motion to ban players going on loan to clubs having the same owners has been turned down.

This is what Howe said:

“It’s not even in our thoughts at this moment in time. As I said, at the start of the season, January was not a window that we were looking to invest in.”

“It would only be a reaction to the injuries that we have and whether we need to recruit because the majority of our players would be back in January.”

“At this moment (in time) we don’t know.”

So Newcastle didn’t think they would be active in the upcoming January transfer window, until we picked up all the injuries with injured players slowly coming back.

That being true, it looks like we will only sign players in January to fill in for injured players and also for the banned Sandro Tonali.

if needs must basically! 

3 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Howe, in his press conference today, was asked if he was willing to sign players from Saudi Arabia now that the temporary motion to ban players going on loan to clubs having the same owners has been turned down.

This is what Howe said:

“It’s not even in our thoughts at this moment in time. As I said, at the start of the season, January was not a window that we were looking to invest in.”

“It would only be a reaction to the injuries that we have and whether we need to recruit because the majority of our players would be back in January.”

“At this moment (in time) we don’t know.”

So Newcastle didn’t think they would be active in the upcoming January transfer window, until we picked up all the injuries with injured players slowly coming back.

That being true, it looks like we will only sign players in January to fill in for injured players and also for the banned Sandro Tonali.

if needs must basically! 

Eddie was never going to say "yes, I am looking forward to signing from Saudi league". I think his answer is sensible, we don't know our actual needs until we get there. You could argue Tonali is a known loss, but still, wheter we do or do not bring in someone from Saudi, Howe isn't going to reveal that now.

1 hour ago, hakka said:

Eddie was never going to say "yes, I am looking forward to signing from Saudi league". I think his answer is sensible, we don't know our actual needs until we get there. You could argue Tonali is a known loss, but still, wheter we do or do not bring in someone from Saudi, Howe isn't going to reveal that now.

He’s always poker face that’s what I love about him. I don’t doubt they’ll assess and do whatever is necessary and an option to them.  If that’s to take from the Saudi league they will. 

53 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

He’s always poker face that’s what I love about him. I don’t doubt they’ll assess and do whatever is necessary and an option to them.  If that’s to take from the Saudi league they will. 

Spot on man, totally agree. And he does it really well and comfortably. He's always calm and measured. 

Eddie Howe spent almost NINE hours analysing Newcastle's defeat to Bournemouth in a bid to turn around one of the worst performances of his reign.

The United chief watched the video nasty back FIVE times during the international break - and admits he side were suffering fatigue and “did not deliver.” Howe has found reasons for that during his marathon laptop session and hopes a re-energised Newcastle perform against Chelsea to start a hectic period of games.

our gaffa! ♥️