Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

14 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

A player can be mostly nullified while still having a half chance, totally agree with you there, but you said he was anonymous originally, which wasn’t true as he had that good chance (wasn’t a half chance either, again that’s adding extra words like “anonymous” to make more of a point that isn’t really true).

Also think Barnes helped that side an awful lot too as they had to think about covering him as he was much more attack minded and threatening than either Murphy or Almiron were. That also slowed their attacks down that side.

Relative to how effective he was in the 60 minutes prior to Livramento coming on, he was anonymous. His effect on the overall flow of the game was clearly vastly diminished, I don't know how anyone could watch the game and think otherwise. He was involved in attack after attack prior to that.

I would personally describe the chance as a half chance, it's not exactly a sitter, he has to take the shot first time as Tino closed down the angle extremely fast, he can also only really hit the ball near post because of that. It would have took a very good strike to score.

23 hours ago, David Edgar said:

Prediction for the future of this thread.

People will point out valid concerns with mistakes Howe keeps making.

People will call out anyone who raises valid concerns as being bed wetters or whatever.

Circle of life.

Pretty much been that way since about November. I've given up trying to reason with anyone, let them keep looking desperate defending him at all costs.

Yesterday was some of the most basic, panicky, amateur football I've seen at SJP, we were lucky to grab a point. All you've got to do to beat us is play through the static mid or counter down our left with some pace, and its pathetic how easy we fold. We've enough players back now not to concede 4 at home against Luton. 

44 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Pretty much been that way since about November. I've given up trying to reason with anyone, let them keep looking desperate defending him at all costs.

Yesterday was some of the most basic, panicky, amateur football I've seen at SJP, we were lucky to grab a point. All you've got to do to beat us is play through the static mid or counter down our left with some pace, and its pathetic how easy we fold. We've enough players back now not to concede 4 at home against Luton. 

Also, everyone is pointing out that we dont have naturaly defensive minded midfielder and that is correct. But i dont think it would matter who we had in the roster because no one is asked to do that job. That is why we dont have a "6", we dont play with one. 

By the way, how did we do it last season? The midfield structure had to be little different? The answer cant be just that Joelinton is injured?

That is where the frustration comes from, some things seems so obvious but nothing seems to change. 

Well, let's win the cup and worry about these things in the summer.

12 hours ago, Holmesy said:

I think we need to hear this full story 😂

:)

One of the moments in my life that was key to becoming a teetotaller - was at the work Xmas party, ended up towards the end of the night with a junior QS and the company CEO.  The young QSs had an issue around pay - they didn’t think they were being paid what they should be (they weren’t).

CEO politely pushes back, suggesting that they could have a chat when we were back in the office.   A very drunken BB then proceeds to call the CEO and the board a ‘bunch of cunts, who make enough money already, just pay them what they’re worth you fucking greedy bastards’.  Accompanied by finger-jabbing. 

Rest of the night is a blur, but that part is lucid :)

An indication of how drunk I was - my ex was picking me up from the train station - an hour away.  Got on the train after ringing her - and woke up to see literally dozens of missed calls and some angry texts.  She could see on ‘find my iPhone’ that I’d rolled into the train station (the last stop on Sydney metros), then started pulling away again towards the city.  Woke up about two hours after boarding the train - I’d fell asleep in a drunken stupor.

tl;dr - don’t drink alcohol to excess kids, especially when 1) having conversations re industrial relations with people who can sack you or 2) when boarding a train

Edited by TheBrownBottle

7 hours ago, soyt said:

Also, everyone is pointing out that we dont have naturaly defensive minded midfielder and that is correct. But i dont think it would matter who we had in the roster because no one is asked to do that job. That is why we dont have a "6", we dont play with one. 

By the way, how did we do it last season? The midfield structure had to be little different? The answer cant be just that Joelinton is injured?

That is where the frustration comes from, some things seems so obvious but nothing seems to change. 

Well, let's win the cup and worry about these things in the summer.

BG got tactically exposed, and he is not willing to / unable to improve his positioning when the others are pressing.

Probably something that Howe is unable to do anything, which is understandable because it’s BG, the first player on our teamsheet

I don’t want him sacked or anything like that but maybe a slight reshuffle in the back room team might pay off. Someone just to freshen things up.

We're all over the shop currently and can’t even blame it on the energy levels now as we were still in it right up to the end.

I think Eddie Howe is as burnt out as the players were over Christmas. What the remedy is to that is unclear, it’s not as if he can be given a holiday in the middle of a season.

14 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I don’t want him sacked or anything like that but maybe a slight reshuffle in the back room team might pay off. Someone just to freshen things up.

We're all over the shop currently and can’t even blame it on the energy levels now as we were still in it right up to the end.

I think Eddie Howe is as burnt out as the players were over Christmas. What the remedy is to that is unclear, it’s not as if he can be given a holiday in the middle of a season.

How about a co-manager?

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

:)

One of the moments in my life that was key to becoming a teetotaller - was at the work Xmas party, ended up towards the end of the night with a junior QS and the company CEO.  The young QSs had an issue around pay - they didn’t think they were being paid what they should be (they weren’t).

CEO politely pushes back, suggesting that they could have a chat when we were back in the office.   A very drunken BB then proceeds to call the CEO and the board a ‘bunch of cunts, who make enough money already, just pay them what they’re worth you fucking greedy bastards’.  Accompanied by finger-jabbing. 

Rest of the night is a blur, but that part is lucid :)

An indication of how drunk I was - my ex was picking me up from the train station - an hour away.  Got on the train after ringing her - and woke up to see literally dozens of missed calls and some angry texts.  She could see on ‘find my iPhone’ that I’d rolled into the train station (the last stop on Sydney metros), then started pulling away again towards the city.  Woke up about two hours after boarding the train - I’d fell asleep in a drunken stupor.

tl;dr - don’t drink alcohol to excess kids, especially when 1) having conversations re industrial relations with people who can sack you or 2) when boarding a train

Yikes! Glad you are in a better place. 

18 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

How about a co-manager?

Ha! No that doesn’t work as Liverpool found out way back when, but if I was running the club, I’d seriously look at having 2 elite managers on the books with a similar ethos in how a team should play, with some differences that would keep things fresh..

Say give 1 manager 2/3 seasons in the hot seat and have them go all out for success. Then change things up.. have the other man and his staff come in and take over for him to do 2/3.

While this is happening, manager 1 stays on the payroll and takes a different role with the club.. essentially doing what Eddie Howe did while he was unemployed.. become a student of the game again.. visit places and see new methods, maybe scout players. But ultimately having a rest and reversing that burn out that happens while you’re giving a job like that everything you have.

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Ha! No that doesn’t work as Liverpool found out way back when, but if I was running the club, I’d seriously look at having 2 elite managers on the books with a similar ethos in how a team should play, with some differences that would keep things fresh..

Say give 1 manager 2/3 seasons in the hot seat and have them go all out for success. Then change things up.. have the other man and his staff come in and take over for him to do 2/3.

While this is happening, manager 1 stays on the payroll and takes a different role with the club.. essentially doing what Eddie Howe did while he was unemployed.. become a student of the game again.. visit places and see new methods, maybe scout players. But ultimately having a rest and reversing that burn out that happens while you’re giving a job like that everything you have.

:lol: i still hope you are kidding. That is ridiculous.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

4 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

:lol: i still hope you are kidding. That is ridiculous.

Why? It’s fairly well documented at this point that managers are getting totally burnt out by how intense a job like that is.. how many seasons can a manager give 100% like that before standards start to slip?

11 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Why? It’s fairly well documented at this point that managers are getting totally burnt out by how intense a job like that is.. how many seasons can a manager give 100% like that before standards start to slip?

Why? It goes against the basics of psychology for a start. Try convincing an elite manager of this set up, let alone two. It also would likely just disrupt any continuity. Once again, I seriously hope that you are joking, because this is one of the most absurd suggestions I've seen yet. I also seriously hope that you know I was being sarcastic about the co-manager thing based on this suggestion. Jesus Christ, man.

If a manager can get burnt out just because the team is competing in Champions League, then he should be sacked. Simply as that. He is not up to the job.

Not saying Howe should be sacked, I don’t think he is burnt out anyway.

29 minutes ago, Zero said:

If a manager can get burnt out just because the team is competing in Champions League, then he should be sacked. Simply as that. He is not up to the job.

Not saying Howe should be sacked, I don’t think he is burnt out anyway.

This type of posts (there are many example, I just choose the most recent one) are giving vibe that people are afraid to criticize Howe.

16 minutes ago, aa5773 said:

This type of posts (there are many example, I just choose the most recent one) are giving vibe that people are afraid to criticize Howe.

Kinda. If I don’t add this line I would be accused of “please fire Howe” and have over 20+ response within 2 hours

11 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

willock.thumb.jpeg.e478f77c588a317bfb4b28a0c627c602.jpeg

Fuck that :lol: Do people who come up with stuff like this not wonder why it has never been done before, or do they think they're innovators? :lol:

Anyway:

22 hours ago, aa5773 said:

:lol: do you honestly think people are afraid to criticize Howe? People do it all the time here. Some on here could use seeing what a proper authoritarian system looks like when it comes to suppressing opinions.

Seen and heard a fair bit of reasoned criticism of Howe after Luton. Yet it's the folk that have jumped off at the deep end that seems to be doing the gaslighting.  Apparently you're a "happy clapper" for pointing out there has been shoots of positivity of late.

On 05/02/2024 at 01:50, Dr Jinx said:

Confused Eyes GIF by MOODMAN

I’m curious to see how Howe will set us up on Satder vs Forest.  He absolutely nailed Villa away, in stark contrast to the cagey away performances we’d seen for most of the season.  I enjoyed the crackers nature of the Luton game, but I wonder if Howe might make us a bit more defensive again in reaction to it.  Hope not. 

My dad also told me Howe was getting a bit of stick vs Luton from a few vocal divvies in the Milburn.  He reckons Howe shook his head disappointedly at one point when he turned and heard a few shouts to change things up.  Seems incredible that he was getting grief to me.