Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Matt1892 said:

The only points we have from losing position is the 3 points today, and then one point each from Bournemouth and Luton at home. 

So 5 points from losing positions this season.

[emoji38]

Good enough for me man.

5 minutes ago, Shak said:

Feel like if you didn't enjoy that game then you might have lost the plot a bit in terms of why you're a football fan.

Think some people were waiting to unleash hell on here for days, and so we're a bit deflated once the opportunity didn't materialise :laugh:

Got the starting line up wrong... Got fucked over by injuries yet again. Didn't give up and made some inspired subs and changes and even took off a player he had substituted on earlier. Got 3 points.

:howe:

It was a great finish to the game but it isn’t one I would point to as a masterclass in management, if anything it had the same feeling as the 4-4 against Arsenal about it.

What it did show is when the crowd get behind the team and we go on the front foot then teams will crumble under it, it was especially enjoyable after the Ole’s from

the West Ham fans when they were cruising early in the second half.

27 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Isak’s miss, Longstaff’s miss, both horrific. Should have been 6-3 :lol:

We deserved the win, but we are so fragile at the back its insane.

Class act, actually got the subs right, and although I thought he was only a little slow, they were on much sooner indicating he's honest too his word, he doesn't play for a draw and was looking to win the game. 

He must consider starting Hall now though, there's no excuse, Hall showed the similar Livramento breakthrough when that was forced, and Livramento has always performed. 

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

It was a great finish to the game but it isn’t one I would point to as a masterclass in management, if anything it had the same feeling as the 4-4 against Arsenal about it.

What it did show is when the crowd get behind the team and we go on the front foot then teams will crumble under it, it was especially enjoyable after the Ole’s from

the West Ham fans when they were cruising early in the second half.

Nah, I'll credit the manager thanks.

The team gives their all for him even in tough situations because of the environment he has fostered. Signings of his that have been questioned coming up with big performances. Substitutions to right things. Heads not dropping, ever.

Hats off to Eddie Howe.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

We are so bad defensively we should just play our best footballers.  

That was my biggest worry when he got the job.  He seemed to have fixed it. But it’s majorly broken atm. The goals conceded have been unacceptable tbh. 

I’m sad to highlight it, but the goalkeeping situation has magnified this many fold. I’m convinced we have the worst starting keeping in the league by some margin as Dubs has regressed. It’s like starting every game on -2 goals.

What's he got available for Tuesday? Fucking shame Everton are going to get let off the hook with more injuries. 

Tripps Schar Burn Hall?  No Gordon as well, but least Barnes is fit(ish)

Just now, Dokko said:

What's he got available for Tuesday? Fucking shame Everton are going to get let off the hook with more injuries. 

Tripps Schar Burn Hall?  No Gordon as well, but least Barnes is fit(ish)

Matt Ritchie to score at least 2 goals

2 minutes ago, Pablo said:

I’m sad to highlight it, but the goalkeeping situation has magnified this many fold. I’m convinced we have the worst starting keeping in the league by some margin as Dubs has regressed. It’s like starting every game on -2 goals.

Dubs is a decent shot stopper, he isn’t suited to what we want from a keeper though from a sweeping point of view and I am surprised it hasn’t been addressed already, considering we have spent near £400 million on players over the last 3 years.

Just now, Matt1892 said:

Dubs is a decent shot stopper, he isn’t suited to what we want from a keeper though from a sweeping point of view and I am surprised it hasn’t been addressed already, considering we have spent near £400 million on players over the last 3 years.

I’m not convinced, he pulls off the odd great save, but is slow to dive down such as against Bowen today, Bournmouth and again in mid week, and he lets a lot go through him such as against Everton and Kudos today. I strongly believe that Pope saves a lot of the goals we have conceded since injury.

The sweeping isn’t addressed because Dubs won’t sweep, he should have cleared out their equaliser today no problem. Considering we spent £400m, which £30m did you want spending on a second choice gk, not being funny, just curious as we don’t have a bottomless pit of money and their are a lot of positions to improve still.

2 minutes ago, Pablo said:

I’m not convinced, he pulls off the odd great save, but is slow to dive down such as against Bowen today, Bournmouth and again in mid week, and he lets a lot go through him such as against Everton and Kudos today. I strongly believe that Pope saves a lot of the goals we have conceded since injury.

The sweeping isn’t addressed because Dubs won’t sweep, he should have cleared out their equaliser today no problem. Considering we spent £400m, which £30m did you want spending on a second choice gk, not being funny, just curious as we don’t have a bottomless pit of money and their are a lot of positions to improve still.

You don’t need to spend £30 million on a second choice keeper, only 7 goalkeepers in history have cost more than that.

What you do if you know a keeper having the ability to sweep is vital to the way you play, is you go out and sign someone for not a lot of money as a back up to Pope that is comfortable coming off their line.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

You don’t need to spend £30 million on a second choice keeper, only 7 goalkeepers in history have cost more than that.

What you do if you know a keeper having the ability to sweep is vital to the way you play, is you go out and sign someone for not a lot of money as a back up to Pope that is comfortable coming off their line.

we should spend £30m on a first team keeper and let Pope battle for the spot tbf 

31 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Sliding doors moment for Eddie Howe today at 1-3 down - as someone said in match thread.

Fucking hell- I need a lie down!

Yeah, I was ready to completely give up.. Looked grim once again. A game like this can give such a boost to the players going forward, hoping we can build on it.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

We’ve had limited ability to pick one up if the rumours we are at our FFP limit is true, and as GKs don’t normally get injured the only real window to do it was January. Personal opinion as I don’t watch them train, but I don’t understand why we haven’t given Karius a run. Honestly he can’t be any worse.

FWIW id be very surprised if the next GK we sign doesn’t cost over £30m, and we might have 2 first choices fighting it out. One for league and one for cups which will be fun.

Made mistakes today and still conceding similar to how we've done for months.

Got it right eventually with enough time to spare though today and turned it into a fantastic comeback.

31 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

The only points we have from losing position is the 3 points today, and then one point each from Bournemouth and Luton at home. 

So 5 points from losing positions this season.

Yes, points from losing positions is a stat "The Other 14" on Twitter often put up. The points difference between us and Villa is pretty much the difference in this stat, with them top and us third bottom before today. Some of it will be bench quality, and ours has been crap in many matches due to all the injuries. It was a sub who won it for us today.

34 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Dubs is ok. But we can’t play this high line with him in the team.