Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Nah, the issue for me is posts like this - people complaining about people complaining. People have to be allowed to post their thoughts without fear of being told their opinions are "aids ridden". Whatever that means.

It means your post fucking sucked and everyone thought so. :lol: 

Biggest thing for me is what he does in this transfer window…he needs to be ruthless like Keegan was. Apparently according to Bournemouth fans that is what he was, so let’s see if he does it here.

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Nah, the issue for me is posts like this - people complaining about people complaining. People have to be allowed to post their thoughts without fear of being told their opinions are "aids ridden". Whatever that means.

And my issue is posters like you complaining about my complaining that people are complaining.

I think posters like Kaka go too far, and posters like TCD have been given a hard time despite making very good points (by me in the past as well which I regret). But seriously, go back to early 2022 and you'll see what I mean. A couple of the same culprits. 

1 minute ago, nemtizz said:

Can’t be for any other reason than to somehow think he can take the flack for dummet. Cause that is a stupid thing to say if not :lol:

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

People have to be allowed to post their thoughts on other people's posts.

Bored to tears of people thinking they're 'not allowed an opinion' because loads of people disagreed with them and that freedom of expression begins and ends with themselves.

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Can only assume he's desperate to avoid throwing anyone under the bus there, no way he actually believes that :lol:

:lol: it totally couldn't have gone either way unless the ref totally cocked it up.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

We need to fly the team out to some village in west Africa and perform a cleansing ritual. Either that or some powerful witch in Sunderland has voodoo dolls of all our players and is just sticking pins in them for fun. She must be found and punished. 

Edited by Sufi

People should be respectful and I've fallen foul of not doing that myself too often of late. But being respectful doesn't mean you can post whatever nonsense you want without expecting push back on it, it just means trying not to make it personal. If you put an opinion out there it's open season tbh, just on the opinion not the poster 

17 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I know it’s tiresome but in the world of FFP how can we if we can’t replace them? Fully agree with you like. 

It might be knee-jerk after the disappointment of tonight but I think I'd prefer to play the kids over some of them. 

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

People should be respectful and I've fallen foul of not doing that myself too often of late. But being respectful doesn't mean you can post whatever nonsense you want without expecting push back on it, it just means trying not to make it personal. If you put an opinion out there it's open season tbh, just on the opinion not the poster 

Yeah there are very very few, if any, people on here who I wouldn't actually want to meet in real life, even some of the folks I've complained about. I just have an issue with people acting as if they are oppressed once someone harps on about their post.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

3 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

:lol: it totally couldn't have gone either way unless the ref totally cocked it up.

I think it’s a fair point that both players were wrestling, and it also happens several times at every set piece. 

20 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think it’s a fair point that both players were wrestling, and it also happens several times at every set piece. 

I didn’t see any wrestling. Saw young have his hand on dummy’s arm. Only way we get out of that is offside or the ball being unplayable/way over his head. 

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Undoubtedly needs to get ruthless in the summer, no excuse for likes of Ritchie, Wilson, Lascelles and Dummett being here next season. 

I mean, I’m sure he didn’t want to keep them all last season either. Sadly we needed about 20 new players. 

Its not as simple as just being 'ruthless' with these new rules otherwise it would happen, honestly it already would have happened.

That we cant bring in the players we could without the rules is one thing, but who, with the same financial restrictions, is going to want and pay decent money for the players were wanting to offload.  Lower level teams are going to be much more reticent to take million pound punts on topflight cast-offs who in turn are going to likely have to take pay cuts anywhere they go and thus not easily shifted.

Edited by Jonas

41 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

This idea that gets floated that we should have seen improvement since December as if the manager is the only thing holding us back is such a crock of shit narrative.

First time I've even seen that.  Why were we supposed to improve after December?  The injuries have only gotten worse including a solid reliable keeper being replaced by one that's completely out of his depth at this point.  Its astonishing were roughly where we were then.

1 hour ago, worthy said:

Can’t be for any other reason than to somehow think he can take the flack for dummet. Cause that is a stupid thing to say if not :lol:

It’s Howe protecting the player - and tbf, we don’t need the manager to tell us what we saw :) 

28 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Its not as simple as just being 'ruthless' with these new rules otherwise it would happen, honestly it already would have happened.

That we cant bring in the players we could without the rules is one thing, but who, with the same financial restrictions, is going to want and pay decent money for the players were wanting to offload.  Lower level teams are going to be much more reticent to take million pound punts on topflight cast-offs who in turn are going to likely have to take pay cuts anywhere they go and thus not easily shifted.

Ashley continues to fuck us, frankly.  The contracts offered seemed crackers even at the time.  

Ruthless is a word that is appearing in lots of posts and Eddie has to start being exactly that. Not only with some of the players but also with the ownership because unless they find the money to strengthen significantly the team and squad, we are staying where we are and that’s between 7th and somewhere right in the middle.

I know we need a squad, but there shouldn’t be contract extensions to any player who isn’t improving us and taking us forward. Play some of the youngsters some of them might surprise us. There are no surprises from Dummett, Krafth, Lascelles, Ritchie, Murphy, Almiron, Dubravka, Longstaff etc. except how often they remind us that they are not good enough. 

Eddie should be having a word with the likes of Longstaff and Willock and telling them these kinds of aimless half assed performances will result in them not playing and being sold.

It’s time to get brutal because if we hope to improve and god forbid actually win something it’s no time to show loyalty or to keep persisting with at least half of the current squad.

Privately there’s no way he’ll be thinking that.. he’ll be massively pissed off.

But publicly he did the correct thing there. A manager should always deflect and shield criticism from players.

We will probably need to play Dummett again before season is over so he needs everyone on side.

3 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Ruthless is a word that is appearing in lots of posts and Eddie has to start being exactly that. Not only with some of the players but also with the ownership because unless they find the money to strengthen significantly the team and squad, we are staying where we are and that’s between 7th and somewhere right in the middle.

I know we need a squad, but there shouldn’t be contract extensions to any player who isn’t improving us and taking us forward. Play some of the youngsters some of them might surprise us. There are no surprises from Dummett, Krafth, Lascelles, Ritchie, Murphy, Almiron, Dubravka, Longstaff etc. except how often they remind us that they are not good enough. 

Eddie should be having a word with the likes of Longstaff and Willock and telling them these kinds of aimless half assed performances will result in them not playing and being sold.

It’s time to get brutal because if we hope to improve and god forbid actually win something it’s no time to show loyalty or to keep persisting with at least half of the current squad.

FFP prevents all of that.