Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Dokko said:

Maybe if he was more on it he'd have known where the player was behind him, or would be behind that player himself. He's 19ft tall, he doesn't need to be in front of anyone. Maybe.

"Maybe" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there :lol: 

Don't really agree that any of the freak injuries can be blamed on fatigue, rotation, or style of play etc. - you basically get into butterfly-effect territory. I get what you're getting at, just don't agree personally.

8 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Burn is situational as well. For games prior he was getting worse in terms of play, getting more and more desperate, and this was down to fatigue. Anderson is the only one you can full say isn't to overplaying.

How is the Burn injury down to fatigue? He landed awkwardly on his back

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Maybe if he was more on it he'd have known where the player was behind him, or would be behind that player himself. He's 19ft tall, he doesn't need to be in front of anyone. Maybe.

Tbh I feel like you've picked the wrong example here, any other player I could probably see an arguement, but that is a streeeetch I'm not going to lie :lol:

Just now, LiquidAK said:

"Maybe" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there :lol: 

Don't really agree that any of the freak injuries can be blamed on fatigue, rotation, or style of play etc. - you basically get into butterfly-effect territory. I get what you're getting at, just don't agree personally.

Which is fair enough, and least you've accepted my opinion differs than just immediately resulting to name calling. 

I have tentative faith that he knows we need to buy a genuinely creative player who can play RW or a CAM / RW free role and evolve away from the ‘beat them with our running’ style that just isn’t working away from home.

Edited by Ronaldo

14 minutes ago, midds said:

He's fighting Tyson with one arm tied behind his back atm. We've literally got about 14 fit, senior players, what the fuck's he supposed to do? 

Any criticism of Howe is bang out of order at the minute. Yes he could have saved a few from running for an extra 9 minutes tonight or whatever but the big picture is looking good. We will get players back in time. We will be able to rotate, we will be able to change games from the bench but right now his hands and tied and his fingers superglued. Criticism of the boss is heresy at this moment in time, ffs 

Spot on. The one tiny criticism would maybe be resting players when we went 2 down though no doubt people would have had a go that we had 15mins left and could get back in to it.

5 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I have tentative faith that he knows we need to buy a genuinely creative player who can play RW or a CAM / RW free role and evolve away from the ‘beat them with our running’ style that just isn’t working away from home.

Missing out on Maddison and Szobszlai, who both have very similar and unique player profiles suggests that he does. Feel like it's going to be a player we're not hugely familiar with as well 

1 hour ago, Ronaldo said:

It did work last season, problem are the injuries this season. You can't play two games a week with that intensity without being able to do any rotation. Agree that we need a creative player though but more for home games.

Edited by Pata

3 minutes ago, madras said:

Spot on. The one tiny criticism would maybe be resting players when we went 2 down though no doubt people would have had a go that we had 15mins left and could get back in to it.

I wondered about that myself. I thought he might have pulled Isak off just to preserve him for the next game, but he stayed on.

Just now, Pata said:

It did work last season, problem are the injuries this season. You can play two games a week with that intensity without being able to do any rotation. Agree that we need a creative player though.

Even last season the intensity was in game rotation more than starting XIs quite often 3 or 4 subs in midfield or attack to keep the intensity.

11 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

We didn’t even try it today.  I think he’s being cautious because he wants the team to stay injury free and last 90 minutes. But we aren’t going to win away from home unless we do the hard running game.  

After watching that clip of Klopp last night and seeing how sour he was in success I absolutely loved seeing how dignified Howe was in defeat.

A constructive criticism would be that we need to find an alternative style of play for nights such as tonight, where we need to conserve energy but grind out 3 points.

Easier said than done and also easier said in the aftermath.

The glaringly obvious thing to me is that our players looked fucking knackered. I cannot see us getting owt at Spurs without players coming back and my only clutch at straws would be that the home game vs Milan might have our fans fired up to really push them over the line and we (as fans) owe that to the players and staff, in my opinion.

Mental tiredness was what undone us tonight in the first instance, I commented recently to friends how our decision making was almost always spot on. On several occasions tonight it wasn't. They're only human after all. We eventually got punished, as happens at this level.

As much as I want to win every game I actually think finishing 4th in our group and hunting down the domestic cups and 4th would benefit us more long term.

Champions league might be the big earner and the marketing piece for potential signings but we have a very good chance to go after the League Cup now and the FA Cup has an important derby day which could be a real morale booster after a tough first 4 months or so of the season. If other clubs such as those around us remain in Europe then that balances the playing field in the league, congestion-wise (of fixtures). 4th would be massive for us 2 years in a row and then I think we get another craic at what could have been this year.

That being said I'd not complain if we beat Milan... :lol:

The fact that Eddie Howe has got some of the results he has in recent weeks speaks volumes to the work that's being done behind the scenes. Find it bizarre that only now are folk commenting on our missing players. If this was any other club they'd have been talking like this like 5 injuries ago...

Edited by Heron

1 minute ago, Heron said:

After watching that clip of Klopp last night and seeing how sour he was in success I absolutely loved seeing how dignified Howe was in defeat.

A constructive criticism would be that we need to find an alternative style of play for nights such as tonight, where we need to conserve energy but grind out 3 points.

Easier said than done and also easier said in the aftermath.

The glaringly obvious thing to me is that our players looked fucking knackered. I cannot see us getting owt at Spurs without players coming back and my only clutch at straws would be that the home game vs Milan might have our fans fired up to really push them over the line and we (as fans) owe that to the players and staff, in my opinion.

Mental tiredness was what undone us tonight on the first instance, I commented recently to friends how our decision making was almost always spot on. On several occasions tonight it wasn't. They're only human after all. We eventually got punished, as happens that this level.

As much as I want to win every game I actually think finishing 4th in our group and  having down the domestic cups and 4th would benefit us more long term.

Champions league might be the big earner and the marketing piece for potential signings but we have a very good chance to go after the League Cup now and the FA Cup has an important Derby day which could be a real morale booster after a tough first 4 months or so of the season. If other clubs such as those around us remain in Europe then that balances the playing field in the league, congestion-wise (of fixtures). 4th would be massive for us 2 years in a row and then I think we get another craic at what could have been this year.

That being said I'd not complain if we beat Milan... :lol:

The fact that Eddie Howe has got some of the results he has in recent weeks speaks volumes to the work that's being done behind the scenes. Find it bizarre that only.now are folk commenting on our missing players. If this was any other club they'd have been talking like this like 5 injuries ago...

:clap:

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Playnthe same team for the rest of the month and play like that in the derby, and it's going to be one of the most embarrassing games in our history. 

What do you suggest he do? I know you think he should start Hall, what else?

I can see him playing Kidd against Chelsea as the break.  I wonder if he would leave the other lads home for a proper rest.  

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

What do you suggest he do? I know you think he should start Hall, what else?

I can see him playing Kidd against Chelsea as the break.  I wonder if he would leave the other lads home for a proper rest.  

We played a reserve team against Man U away in the cup and beat them quite convincingly.

6 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Playnthe same team for the rest of the month and play like that in the derby, and it's going to be one of the most embarrassing games in our history. 

Oh dear