Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I wouldn't be surprised if we, along with several dozen other clubs are also watching with interest. If not, why not? We should always be looking at what's coming up, whether it be players or staff.

Think this though is 2+2 stuff and slighty mischievous from the media looking to spin their own agenda. 

Edited by Dokko

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

The Mail reporting on an article in Marca. As reliable as it gets :lol: 

Silly season will end when form picks back up.  The idea that Marca would know what the board are thinking but UK hacks don’t seems far-fetched. 

41 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

It's pretty obvious that he does. Just incredible some of the context free shit on here.

Barring an absolutely ridiculous run of results, Howe should be getting at least the first half of next season too.  

Ritchie not deemed good enough to start even in that squad 4 years ago. Says a lot about the predicament we have found ourselves in this season that he has started games. 

1 minute ago, wormy said:

Seems he's still rehabbing with the help of the club despite not being on the books:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/24478204/newcastle-united-matty-longstaff-unemployed-brother-sean/

Guessing getting an article like this out there means he might be angling for a contract somewhere soon.

That's quite sad to be fair. I hope it works out for him. The word from the academy was always Matty had more potential than Sean wasn't it?

if Howe had been dealt a better hand this season ie Tonali available along with Barnes and others not getting freak injuries, I am pretty sure they'd be higher up the table, still in Europe and have a semi final against Boro to look forward to

then everyone would be saying what a great job he's doing 

despite having the most difficult fixture list at the start of the season including cup draws

I think the owners will recognise that and they'll go again with Howe next season 

sections of the media desperate for owners to pull the trigger, just hope the club and fans are united in backing him if things get worse this month 

5 minutes ago, Menace said:

That's quite sad to be fair. I hope it works out for him. The word from the academy was always Matty had more potential than Sean wasn't it?

Yeah it's a shame.

I always take the 'his younger brother is even better!' stuff with a pinch of salt though tbh. Feels like it gets trotted out for any good young player that breaks through in football. In NUFC's case it's already started with Miley. :lol:

56 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

if Howe had been dealt a better hand this season ie Tonali available along with Barnes and others not getting freak injuries, I am pretty sure they'd be higher up the table, still in Europe and have a semi final against Boro to look forward to

then everyone would be saying what a great job he's doing 

despite having the most difficult fixture list at the start of the season including cup draws

I think the owners will recognise that and they'll go again with Howe next season 

sections of the media desperate for owners to pull the trigger, just hope the club and fans are united in backing him if things get worse this month 

mate it’s actually painfully tight:

let’s just assume Tonali wasn’t betting, Barnes stays fit just for the baseline and 4 results are different this season. 

Liverpool (h): Bruno doesn’t attempt a trivella at half field and Liverpool never get a second Nunez blaster to steal all 3. +1 point. 

West Ham (a): Team doesn’t push up late and ball is kicked to the corner flag. Kudus never gets that shot. +2 points

Everton (a): Trippier doesn’t cough the ball, we hold on for a draw. +1 point

Forest (h): We hold on at 1-0 at half time and see game out. +3 points 

^^ with or without the Liverpool point we are at 36 or 35 points and we’re in 6th place. I’m ignoring Wolves (a) and Luton (a) for this argument. 

* assume VAR doesn’t rob us in Paris, out of no where. We’re still in CL knockout phase. 

* assume Trippier doesn’t cough up late in the energy drink cup and we’re in the semifinal. 

All of this is to say, as horrendous as the last month or two have been at times, you can point to 5 to 7 incidents that seem like absolute horrible luck and clinical punishment that has altered our season. 

Just one question football clubs need to ask, “is this the right manager for us”. Regardless of current form or results, that is the question. 

Unless he’s doing something very wrong in his work, the output alone can’t be used to judge him. 

Howe has performed miracles so far and to contemplate replacing him is absolutely ridiculous. 

Anyone wanting Eddie sacked has very short memories. He's been transformative- I was dubious about his appointment when he signed but he's proven how good a coach he is. Does he get things wrong? Of course who doesn't- he's a young manager and is still learning. He is only going to get better. He has had his hands tied this season with injuries and suspensions. Give him time- he will turn it around.

3 hours ago, alexf said:

Ritchie not deemed good enough to start even in that squad 4 years ago. Says a lot about the predicament we have found ourselves in this season that he has started games. 

Something seriously wrong with that scenario. Either we are giving out contracts based on sentimental attachment or FFP is screwing us to the nth degree. Don't tell me we couldn't have found some 30 yr old similar player who could do a job for a couple of seasons if we weren't worried about FFP implications.

17 hours ago, Dokko said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we, along with several dozen other clubs are also watching with interest. If not, why not? We should always be looking at what's coming up, whether it be players or staff.

Think this though is 2+2 stuff and slighty mischievous from the media looking to spin their own agenda. 

We absolutely should be keeping an eye on future managerial talent, but of course that doesn't mean we believe any less in Howe who also falls in that category btw. Howe will be judged on what he produces with a full squad where he can compete with his peers, he's not been able to do that since September. But obviously we have to be prepared for all eventualities just like any other aspiring club.