Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, ShootShoot said:

Not an argument 

And, for clarity, my argument is that yours isn’t supported by the facts, you weapons-grade Olympic-standard windowlicker.

Just now, Theregulars said:

And, for clarity, my argument is that yours isn’t supported by the facts, you weapons-grade Olympic-standard windowlicker.

Youve mostly posted insults as opposed to an actual argument . Says a lot about you and your ' argument ' . Try harder

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Why are you quoting Thatcher? :lol:

This is funny.

4 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I don't think there's a better alternative right now than Eddie but christ let's not pretend he's perfect. It's okay to question him (and any future manager) just as we questioned KK, SBR & Rafa before him.

This is more or less how I feel.  Love Eddie, want him in the seat next season with a fit, improved squad but he’s still learning at this level and it’s OK to say that.

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It is, and running awful posters out of town is one of the key joys of a forum 

This isn’t good. People are entitled to wrong opinions about football. Doesn’t mean they should be excluded.

There’s not a single person on the forum that thinks we’re doing well defensively. A lot of people understand this is due to major injuries.

Some think that’s to do with Howe overworking players, others think it’s a balance of bad lack and overworking. Some recognise the overworking has been necessary.

Should we play a different system of football? Fuck knas, if we play with a low block it changes our philosophy and everything about how we play. Howe has opted to play the same way, likely because of his philosophy and also because fundamentally changing how we play with a bunch of new players would cause major problems. 

These circular arguments are a waste of everyone’s time. Just enjoy Easter and if you cant switch off or enjoy that win then find a hobby 

4 minutes ago, ShootShoot said:

Because she was attempting to deflect from the fact we sank the Belgrano outside the exclusion zone . Some people on here are attempting to deflect from another ropey defensive  performance with the equivalent of " Rejoice " ( re the result ) 

It's not really a deflection when our defensive woes have been discussed at length.

Criticising Howe is fine, genuinely, if it's actually well-reasoned and thought out.

I find the concept that so many of our issues are really obvious and easily solved to be complete nonsense though and based on a completely outdated view of football. It's so much more complex now in terms of the sheer amount of data available on players form, fitness, conditioning etc. that the management team will have access to and your man at a keyboard will not, than it even was 10 years ago.

The "Howe should just do X, it's so obvious" crowd are living in the past tbh. If it was that simple, we would have done it. Either you think Howe is an idiot who is missing what everyone else can all see, or the decisions are a bit more complex than you appreciate. Any "obvious" decision to fix problem X will have a knock-on effect on Y, but there seems to be zero recognition of that, or of the fact that if the management team aren't making that "obvious" decision there is probably a pretty fucking good reason why not. Almost every decision Howe makes is going to have to be an educated gamble, nothing is certain in football. If the solutions were such sure things then we obviously would've enacted them. If we haven't, it's probably not because Howe is thick, it just might be that there are a million other factors going into that decision which all have a weight. 

Just now, gbandit said:

There’s not a single person on the forum that thinks we’re doing well defensively. A lot of people understand this is due to major injuries.

Some think that’s to do with Howe overworking players, others think it’s a balance of bad lack and overworking. Some recognise the overworking has been necessary.

Should we play a different system of football? Fuck knas, if we play with a low block it changes our philosophy and everything about how we play. Howe has opted to play the same way, likely because of his philosophy and also because fundamentally changing how we play with a bunch of new players would cause major problems. 

These circular arguments are a waste of everyone’s time. Just enjoy Easter and if you cant switch off or enjoy that win then find a hobby 

They must be the same people who believe out injury crisis has been caused purely by bad luck.

1 minute ago, ShootShoot said:

Youve mostly posted insults as opposed to an actual argument . Says a lot about you and your ' argument ' . Try harder

It’s difficult as I’m not convinced you can read, but, in a nutshell, my arguments are that your interpretations of the match and the manager’s performance and strengths are unrealistic, not supported by evidence, tainted by needless negativity because you don’t have adequate emotional control / cognition and that, all things considered, the manager is doing a good job with heavily depleted resources and an unusually concentrated amount of misfortune / difficult circumstances. If you take the simple fact that the team is literally worse than the one we put out most weeks last year, is it not surprising that we’re not as good as last year? Could it be possible - at all conceivable - that you’re just upset that the team isn’t doing as well and you are taking that out on the one thing you can without any real cost or consequence? It’s painful watching tbh. 

10 minutes ago, ShootShoot said:

Because she was attempting to deflect from the fact we sank the Belgrano outside the exclusion zone . Some people on here are attempting to deflect from another ropey defensive  performance with the equivalent of " Rejoice " ( re the result ) 

I think people are just generally happy with the match yesterday. If you're not fair enough and it's a shame, but nothing wrong with that at all, or being argumentative towards people pissing on their chips, intentionally or not (providing they're not being personally abusive obv)

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I think people are just generally happy with the match yesterday. If you're not fair enough and it's a shame, but nothing wrong with that at all, or being argumentative towards people pissing on their chips, intentionally or not. 

Ffs ive already said i enjoyed the result as opposed to the performance

Don’t care what side poster X or poster Y is on or whatever the opinion is. You’re  like fucking children some of you.  If you can’t respect one and another no matter if you agree or disagree then just ignore. There’s idiots on both “sides” that really need to grow up and give their heads a shake. Enjoy your day off, I will. Peace! 

2 minutes ago, ShootShoot said:

Ffs ive already said i enjoyed the result as opposed to the performance

If this is enjoyment for you then I’d love to be a fly on the wall during one of your down days. 

4 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

It’s difficult as I’m not convinced you can read, but, in a nutshell, my arguments are that your interpretations of the match and the manager’s performance and strengths are unrealistic, not supported by evidence, tainted by needless negativity because you don’t have adequate emotional control / cognition and that, all things considered, the manager is doing a good job with heavily depleted resources and an unusually concentrated amount of misfortune / difficult circumstances. If you take the simple fact that the team is literally worse than the one we put out most weeks last year, is it not surprising that we’re not as good as last year? Could it be possible - at all conceivable - that you’re just upset that the team isn’t doing as well and you are taking that out on the one thing you can without any real cost or consequence? It’s painful watching tbh. 

I havent said anything about us not being as good as last year . I have merely expressed concern at defensive frailties which see us regularly shipping goals at home to average teams 

31 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

There a press conference today?

No it was after West Ham game. There’s a short clip on nufc.co.uk

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

If this is enjoyment for you then I’d love to be a fly on the wall during one of your down days. 

Its called being a realist 

22 minutes ago, ShootShoot said:

You think  your opinion is worth more than anyone elses ? Thats some ego youve got 

gbandit is the 🐐 around here, show some respect 

6 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Criticising Howe is fine, genuinely, if it's actually well-reasoned and thought out.

I find the concept that so many of our issues are really obvious and easily solved to be complete nonsense though and based on a completely outdated view of football. It's so much more complex now in terms of the sheer amount of data available on players form, fitness, conditioning etc. that the management team will have access to and your man at a keyboard will not, than it even was 10 years ago.

The "Howe should just do X, it's so obvious" crowd are living in the past tbh. If it was that simple, we would have done it. Either you think Howe is an idiot who is missing what everyone else can all see, or the decisions are a bit more complex than you appreciate. Any "obvious" decision to fix problem X will have a knock-on effect on Y, but there seems to be zero recognition of that, or of the fact that if the management team aren't making that "obvious" decision there is probably a pretty fucking good reason why not. Almost every decision Howe makes is going to have to be an educated gamble, nothing is certain in football. If the solutions were such sure things then we obviously would've enacted them. If we haven't, it's probably not because Howe is thick, it just might be that there are a million other factors going into that decision which all have a weight. 

There's a lot of truth in what you say, but this attitude is manna from heaven for the Pardews of the world and similar such charlatans, so has to be handled with extreme caution.

Ironically, it's the same attitude that leads to people thinking our government is staffed with Very Substantial People grappling with Very Important Matters.

Just now, 80 said:

There's a lot of truth in what you say, but this attitude is manna from heaven for the Pardews of the world and similar such charlatans, so has to be handled with extreme caution.

Ironically, it's the same attitude that leads to people thinking our government is staffed with Very Substantial People grappling with Very Important Matters.

Sure, it doesn't apply to every manager. A Steve Bruce for example, I'd assume he's probably just incompetent. Same with the Tories, but add a little "just evil" into the mix as well. Howe has absolutely done enough to make the default assumption be that he's not an idiot though.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

The point you make is a good one but if anyone can watch Eddie speak and not know they are in good hands I'm not sure they can be helped.

He's the real deal.

4 minutes ago, ShootShoot said:

Its called being a realist 

I profoundly disagree with you. It’s being miserable and unduly focused on negatives. 

Either way, as you’ve so eloquently said, your opinion is yours and you’re entitled to it. Have fun with it.