How would you rank the current PL Managers?

On 07/09/2022 at 12:44, Froggy said:

Probably not but jury is out. I'd be interested to see how Potter does under that sort of pressure.

The answer was very poorly. :lol:

OGS > Potter.

For where these managers are right now rather than where they’ve been in the past:

Pep Guardiola

Jurgen Klopp

Mikel Arteta

Roberto De Zerbi

Unai Emery

Eddie Howe

Ange Postecoglou

Marco Silva

Gary O’Neil

David Moyes

Thomas Frank

Mauricio Pochettino

Andoni Iraola

Nuno Espírito Santo 
Rob Edwards

Erik Ten Hag

Sean Dyche

Vincent Kompany

Oliver Glasner (no idea about him)

Chris Wilder

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

For where these managers are right now rather than where they’ve been in the past:

Pep Guardiola

Jurgen Klopp

Mikel Arteta

Roberto De Zerbi

Unai Emery

Eddie Howe

Ange Postecoglou

Marco Silva

Gary O’Neil

David Moyes

Thomas Frank

Mauricio Pochettino

Andoni Iraola

Nuno Espírito Santo 
Rob Edwards

Erik Ten Hag

Sean Dyche

Vincent Kompany

Oliver Glasner (no idea about him)

Chris Wilder

If it's where they are right now rather than where they've been in the past then why is Pochettino 4 places above Ten Hag? :lol:  Why is Thomas Frank above anybody. :lol:

Come on Bandit. You can do better.

19 minutes ago, Froggy said:

If it's where they are right now rather than where they've been in the past then why is Pochettino 4 places above Ten Hag? :lol:  Why is Thomas Frank above anybody. :lol:

Come on Bandit. You can do better.

Ten Hag is absolutely shite. Pochettino is turning Chelsea around and is still a quality manager. Thomas Frank has done a very good job at Brentford. 

Take a long hard look in the mirror Frog

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Ten Hag is absolutely shite. Pochettino is turning Chelsea around and is still a quality manager. Thomas Frank has done a very good job at Brentford. 

Take a long hard look in the mirror Frog

Turning them around how? :lol: By scraping past 10 man Leicester in the FA Cup and two wins in five in the league. £400m in the summer and they're 8 points behind us. Chelsea are 1 point better off this season than they were at the same stage last season which led to Tuchel and Potter being sacked in a season of turmoil.

You're having a mare here G dog. 

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Turning them around how? :lol: By scraping past 10 man Leicester in the FA Cup and two wins in five in the league. £400m in the summer and they're 8 points behind us. Chelsea are 1 point better off this season than they were at the same stage last season which led to Tuchel and Potter being sacked in a season of turmoil.

You're having a mare here G dog. 

Chelsea are one of the few teams that can rival your jokers for how poorly they’ve been ran for years. The difference is they have just kept throwing money at it and have a squad that’s very difficult to piece together. Pochettino is finally getting performances out of the side and some parts of their play look good. Unfortunately, Ten Hag is still largely producing poor performances. With Pochettino there are signs of improvement, with Ten Hag he’s gone backwards from last season and it’s not like the quality of the play last season was that great anyway, you just had a lethal forward

Based on my own personal biases this is the list imo:

Pep Guardiola

Jurgen Klopp

Unai Emery

Mikel Arteta

Mauricio Pochettino

Eddie Howe

Roberto De Zerbi

Ange Postecoglou

Erik Ten Hag

David Moyes

Marco Silva

Thomas Frank

Sean Dyche

Gary O’Neil

Andoni Iraola

Rob Edwards

Nuno Espírito Santo 

Vincent Kompany

Oliver Glasner (no idea about him)

Chris Wilder

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Chelsea are one of the few teams that can rival your jokers for how poorly they’ve been ran for years. The difference is they have just kept throwing money at it and have a squad that’s very difficult to piece together. Pochettino is finally getting performances out of the side and some parts of their play look good. Unfortunately, Ten Hag is still largely producing poor performances. With Pochettino there are signs of improvement, with Ten Hag he’s gone backwards from last season and it’s not like the quality of the play last season was that great anyway, you just had a lethal forward

I'm unsure if you're winding here like. :lol: That's how much this doesn't make sense.

Chelsea have played 7 league games since the start of the year. They've won 3, draw 2 and lost 2. They've lost scored 13 and conceded 15. Absolutely drubbed by Liverpool and hammered at home by Wolves. We have played 7 in the league, winning 5 and losing 2. We've scored 15 and conceded 10.  

We're both into the semi final of the FA Cup. Chelsea did it by beating 10 man Leicester. We did it by beating Liverpool who were in incredible form. And we deserved to win by a lot more.

Out of curiosity, you have Howe in 6th, yet you're in 10th and out of every cup. If it's based on the now, why is that? Please say injuries, so you can reinforce my point about Ten Hag even more, as our injuries have been brutal yet we're still in top four contention and silverware is still a possibility.

Your list is wild. :lol: Just admit it's biased and then it's all OK.

16 minutes ago, 54 said:

Based on my own personal biases this is the list imo:

Pep Guardiola

Jurgen Klopp

Unai Emery

Mikel Arteta

Mauricio Pochettino

Eddie Howe

Roberto De Zerbi

Ange Postecoglou

Erik Ten Hag

David Moyes

Marco Silva

Thomas Frank

Sean Dyche

Gary O’Neil

Andoni Iraola

Rob Edwards

Nuno Espírito Santo 

Vincent Kompany

Oliver Glasner (no idea about him)

Chris Wilder

You can tell how much people hate Arteta like. :lol:

Arsenal are top. Best attack and the best defence. The football they've been playing has been quality.

1 minute ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

You did not deserve to win by a lot more yesterday [emoji38]

Man Utd (4.25) 4-3 (2.18) Liverpool.

Two of their three goals were deflected. :lol:

So yes, we did. 

Edited by Froggy

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

You can tell how much people hate Arteta like. :lol:

Arsenal are top. Best attack and the best defence. The football they've been playing has been quality.

Aye was literally about to post about Arteta, hate the bastard but once Klopp goes in his hiatus, think Arteta will be comfortabley the second best behind Pep, his Arsenal team are quality 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

So yes, we did. 

Get in. Both City's goals v us were defelcted so it should've been a draw.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I'm unsure if you're winding here like. :lol: That's how much this doesn't make sense.

Chelsea have played 7 league games since the start of the year. They've won 3, draw 2 and lost 2. They've lost scored 13 and conceded 15. Absolutely drubbed by Liverpool and hammered at home by Wolves. We have played 7 in the league, winning 5 and losing 2. We've scored 15 and conceded 10.  

We're both into the semi final of the FA Cup. Chelsea did it by beating 10 man Leicester. We did it by beating Liverpool who were in incredible form. And we deserved to win by a lot more.

Out of curiosity, you have Howe in 6th, yet you're in 10th and out of every cup. If it's based on the now, why is that? Please say injuries, so you can reinforce my point about Ten Hag even more, as our injuries have been brutal yet we're still in top four contention and silverware is still a possibility.

Your list is wild. :lol: Just admit it's biased and then it's all OK.

Not going to deny there’s bias there but I’m not basing it purely on wins or where people are placed in the league. I’m placing it based on the squad people are working with, injuries, and form. I know Howe is one of the top six managers on that list and he’ll show it again convincingly with us or with someone else if he ever moves on. Pochettino will get that Chelsea team cemented as a top six side unless he goes or they have to gut the squad. Man U, I have no idea what the future holds. I genuinely believe Ten Hag is an average manager or below average. If he’s here next season we’ll see more of that, if he goes, he’ll struggle elsewhere at a top team. Also, Thomas Frank has been without a top class striker for the vast majority of the season 

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

So yes, we did. 

Didn’t watch the game but here’s the tale of the tape… . Doesn’t read like a game were you were clearly the best side. Looks like a cracking cup though. Even had an underdog victory.  

IMG_8070.thumb.jpeg.b4b33c84d32335e6b215869c8c2ac493.jpeg

Guardiola and Klopp are miles ahead, Arteta probably fills the gap between them and the chasing pack.

Gnerally speaking, the standard of coaching in the league is probably at an all time high though.

1 minute ago, madras said:

Get in. Both City's goals v us were defelcted so it should've been a draw.

Did you even have a shot against City?

1 minute ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Those stats suggest 1 more at its height. Completely ignorant of game context too. 

What game context? We were the better team. Liverpool controlled the game from the second half until the 70th minute or so without creating any major chances. They had an xG of 2.18 and 0.9 of that was Salah's open goal rebound. The first half hour we battered them and could have been out of sight.

What were their clear cut chances? Whereas Rashford missed from 6 yards out. McTominay missed from 6 yards out. What about AWB taking the ball of McTominay in the 2nd minunte who was free from 6 yards out which doesn't count towards xG?

If you don't think we were the much better side in that game, then all hope is lost.

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not going to deny there’s bias there but I’m not basing it purely on wins or where people are placed in the league. I’m placing it based on the squad people are working with, injuries, and form. I know Howe is one of the top six managers on that list and he’ll show it again convincingly with us or with someone else if he ever moves on. Pochettino will get that Chelsea team cemented as a top six side unless he goes or they have to gut the squad. Man U, I have no idea what the future holds. I genuinely believe Ten Hag is an average manager or below average. If he’s here next season we’ll see more of that, if he goes, he’ll struggle elsewhere at a top team. Also, Thomas Frank has been without a top class striker for the vast majority of the season 

I would say Chelsea have a better squad than us, have had less injuries than us and are in worse form than us. Wouldn't you agree?

9 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Didn’t watch the game but here’s the tale of the tape… . Doesn’t read like a game were you were clearly the best side. Looks like a cracking cup though. Even had an underdog victory.  

If you watched the game and had any modicum of sense, it was clear to see we were the better side. Liverpool probably had 80% of the possession from the 45th to the 70th minute, but created very little. We had the better chances by far.

Liverpool scored 3. One rebound into an open net and two deflected shots. They were deservedly beaten. 

If you watched the game and had any modicum of sense, it was clear to see we were the better side. Liverpool probably had 80% of the possession from the 45th to the 70th minute, but created very little. We had the better chances by far.

Liverpool scored 3. One rebound into an open net and two deflected shots. They were deservedly beaten. 

😂 it has been a lifelong quest. I’ll keep trying 👍

I would say Chelsea have a better squad than us, have had less injuries than us and are in worse form than us. Wouldn't you agree?

Less injuries, yes, better depth of squad yes, form in terms of results you’re doing better. I think if both Ten Hag and Pochettino are here next season then Chelsea will finish higher than Man U or Ten Hag will be sacked before this happens. Chelsea play better football than Man U, their CBs are problematic but their full backs are quality, Enzo is a great player, Mudryk is finally starting to settle, Cole Palmer is quality. There’s question marks over Nkunku’s fitness but if he gets a run of games he’ll be class. I still don’t think Jackson will ever be a top striker. 

At Man U, you’ve got Bruno Fernandes, world class. Kobbie Mainoo, looks quality. Hojlund, excellent target man striker with strength and pace as well. He’ll continue to develop. Garnacho is a fantastic player. Onana, poor keeper, your defence needs work, you need more quality in midfield. I think Ten Hag is shite in the transfer market. Hojlund was a good buy, Mason Mount shocking, Antony very poor buy, Onana, very poor buy. Those are major warning signs against Ten Hag