How would you rank the current PL Managers?

13 minutes ago, Rich said:

That’s enough now, come on chaps.

I don't think we need a soft touch here. But if it's not to your taste, make me a mod so i can subject my online enemies to a posting hell plucked from their darkest nightmares.

I believe my forum rank speaks for itself.

YUAAdme.png

Cordially,

Thomas

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

FFS this is tedious… 

Exactly. Having looked briefly at the last few pages, people really need to get a life. IMO Howe over achieved initially at Bournemouth and then under achieved and got them relegated. We all hope that he turns out to be the good manager he's reputed to be, but there is virtually no proof so far in his career to prove this one way or another. We will have a better idea by January how capable he is, and by the end of the season an even better one.

33 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Exactly. Having looked briefly at the last few pages, people really need to get a life. IMO Howe over achieved initially at Bournemouth and then under achieved and got them relegated. We all hope that he turns out to be the good manager he's reputed to be, but there is virtually no proof so far in his career to prove this one way or another. We will have a better idea by January how capable he is, and by the end of the season an even better one.

It's not how it works elsewhere, maybe over here we've been late to catch on. Look at Klopp, relegated at Mainz then failed to get them re promoted but within the game there was a lot said about him, thats not mates being mates, that was professionals in the game looking at coaching etc on a different footing.

Well Klopp has proved himself now. winning the league and the Champions League and though he's spent a lot not as much as some have. Pep on the other hand has spent a fortune and keeps bottling the Champions League. Nobody I think is disputing that Howe is a hard working innovative coach, the problem appears to be that his teams concede a lot and in Bournemouth's case that's what got them relegated. This should mostly be in the Howe thread because comparing managers is a pointless exercise they are hardly all batting on the same wicket. Unless it's OGS with the resources he has he should certainly be doing much better

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

1. Pep

2. Howe

Watch a Sunderland fan print screen this and say that we think we're going to finish second in the league haha deluded mags.

Howe is just the man, not just a guy that knows football, a guy that has completely transformed the club and as we like to say he just gets it. I honestly don't think there's many like him. The time and energy he applies to the job puts me to shame, I'm basically Steve Bruce in comparison.

Guardiola

Klopp

Conte

Tuchel

Howe

Potter

ETH

Moyes

Rodgers

Arteta

Hassenhutl

Vieira 

Frank

Silva

Marsch

Lage

Lampard

Gerrard

Cooper

Parker (gone)

I wouldn’t swap Eddie Howe as a manager for any of them other than Pep or Klopp and as a person I wouldn’t swap him for anyone.

Edited by HTT II

I never understand the tuchel praise. Everywhere he's been he's not done to much. Champs league with Chelsea aside. 

He normally falls out with most the players aswell. 

Edited by andycap

48 minutes ago, STM said:

Guardiola

Klopp

Conte

Eddie :smitten: (haters gonna hate)

Potter

ETH

Tuchel

Rodgers

Moyes

Arteta

Frank

Viera

Cooper

Silva

Hassenhutl

Marsch

Lage

Lampard

Parker (gone)

Gerrard

When I read down the list and saw “Frank” I was like, wtf?! Lampard being this high, why? Then the anger subsided and I slowly realised it’s the Brentford chap. My bad

There's a lot of recency bias with Rodgers, but he's shown that he's a very good manager. This is just based on what they've done rather than potential. Potter and Howe could potentially be a lot higher, I just don't know yet.

Klopp

Guardiola

Conte

Tuchel

Rodgers

Moyes 

Arteta

Potter

Howe

Frank

Then managers that I don't feel like I've seen enough of to truly judge, like ETH, Vieira.

Then:

Silva

Lage

Gerrard

Lampard

Hassenhutl

Pep - not won a CL in over a decade despite spending hundreds of billions at City and Bayern. He has the most expensive squad in the World at City. They play good football and all that, but overall I don't find him that impressive given his lack of CL success.

Potter is the one who is impressing me the most atm.

It's incredibly difficult to list them because you could look at it in a few ways. Trophies? Current club? Previous jobs? Potential?

There's two things I'm sure about... Howe is mint and Gerrard is complete shit. The exact polar opposites in what I would want in a manager.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Guardiola

Klopp

Conte

Tuchel

Howe

Potter

ETH

Moyes

Rodgers

Arteta

Hassenhutl

Vieira 

Frank

Silva

Marsch

Lage

Lampard

Gerrard

Cooper

Parker (gone)

I wouldn’t swap Eddie Howe as a manager for any of them other than Pep or Klopp and as a person I wouldn’t swap him for anyone.

Wouldn't swap Howe for Klopp tbh. Can't stand him. Think he's a disgrace as a person and wouldn't like him to represent our club.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Moyes is very underrated like, presumably because his football's not pleasing on the eye. His achievements with Everton and West Ham are really impressive.

Yes but do you completely disregard what happened in between? That's why it's so tricky.

I like Moyes, he's actually grown on me as a bloke and I've seen some of his coaching videos online, which are decent.

I do think there is a ceiling to his style of football though.