Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

Backpass or not, from 5:45? Burnley fans were furious and said we'd had an identical situation first half, which I can't recall.

Probably harsh on them, the lass was off balance and falling backwards the whole time and I'm not sure it was even close to intentional (which is what I thought from just behind that goal), but I'll take it like :lol:

Edited by OpenC

41 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Backpass or not, from 5:45? Burnley fans were furious and said we'd had an identical situation first half, which I can't recall.

Probably harsh on them, the lass was off balance and falling backwards the whole time and I'm not sure it was even close to intentional (which is what I thought from just behind that goal), but I'll take it like :lol:

How does the league work that the lasses play in? If we win it, do we have to play the winners of the southern division to gain promotion?

48 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Watching the highlights there the Burnley lass tries to clear it but miskicks it and it goes to their keeper, definitely not intentional so poor decision from the referee in my opinion. I like keeping an eye on the girls results, looking good for back to back promotions ?

12 hours ago, et tu brute said:

How's ticket sales going for the cup game, anyone know?

East Stand is sold out so that's 5-6k? Quite a few tickets left in the bottom section of the safe standing area but only a few on the sections above. They're starting to release tickets in the lowest tier of the Gallowgate.

Looks extremely attacking with Gibson, Barker, McQuade, Lumsden and PBG all atarting. Not sure what formation they will be playing.

Important match. Derby 5th in the table and have one of the better GDs in the league (+13). Newcastle won 1-0 in the reverse fixture. Forest away to Liverpool Feds who are currently fourth.

Sunderland score in the 95th and 96th minute to lead Lewes 4-3 to temporarily go top of the 2nd tier. No real animosity, but would be pretty cool to have a couple of derbies in the league next season, and would also be nice if NUFC were the premier club in the region, so hoping they don't win their league.

Olivia Watt off injured and replaced by Tyler Dodds, so a defender for a midfielder. Stobbs is out today, and still no Bedeau. They did bring a defender in from Palace, but it feels like they should have brought in another defender, rather than 3 strikers.

Edited by Paullow