Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

5 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Sending her out on loan again.

Well that’s good that she’s not being released.

Hopefully when she gets back she will have finalised her development enough to be given a chance.

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

Our chairman has quite a full diary I would imagine 

She had quite a full diary while attending almost every match this season but sure let's ignore the most obvious answer to this at a quiet time of the season 

Please tell me Kelly isn't being released, my daughter will be distraught and it's her SATs next week 😫

And from a personal POV I hope McQuade is being retained

2 hours ago, Fezzle said:

She had quite a full diary while attending almost every match this season but sure let's ignore the most obvious answer to this at a quiet time of the season 

Is she the chairman?

9 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Is she the chairman?

Are you this dumb? We are supposed to believe this was the only time she could possibly have seen him? If it was the mackems you would be all over it though.......

5 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Are you this dumb? We are supposed to believe this was the only time she could possibly have seen him? If it was the mackems you would be all over it though.......

Aye it may well be the only time he can meet the other owners for a period of time. There could also be some urgent business decisions which need to be discussed She goes to loads of matches and shows more dedication than any other ownership involved in the women's game for what I can see. Only one person acting dumb, if you think she has only not turned up due to players being released. As for the mackems, what the fuck has this got to do with them? [emoji38]

21 hours ago, Magpie said:

Please tell me Kelly isn't being released, my daughter will be distraught and it's her SATs next week 😫

And from a personal POV I hope McQuade is being retained

Yes staying both 

Naomi Bedeau- Defender gone 

Tyler Dodds - Gone 

Top Scorer - Bridget (Gone)

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Shocked if Galloway is gone like, haven't seen the final tally but felt like she was scoring bucket loads 

Was but seemed to trail off badly and has had little opportunity since PBG signed. She, often, has not scored when given the opportunity in the second half of the season. With PBG possibly going, it looks like they've looked at it and decided the leap up to a championship striker is too great to risk it. That is probably true, given the aim is to be promoted again, but sad for those involved. Football is a harsh game and is becoming that way in the woman's game if the aim is to be at the top.

Edited by Cclay

40 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Who are the other 5?

Sharna W

Grace Boyes

Cara mile redhead 

Anna Soulsby 

Keira Skelton 

3rd Keeper Lilly 

Erin Nelson 

probably more but can’t remember 

4 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Sharna W

Grace Boyes

Cara mile redhead 

Anna Soulsby 

Keira Skelton 

3rd Keeper Lilly 

Erin Nelson 

probably more but can’t remember 

Soulsby?? Damn

Posted (edited)

A few of those girls were already basically frozen out (or never got a chance) to be fair, but it leaves the squad really short in a few areas (up front notably, although I feel like most goals came from midfield). Interesting to see what happens. Money talks, big contracts and good crowds and the promise of bigger and better things to come.

Like I said a few weeks ago, the whole buying success thing leaves me a bit cold so I probably won't be going next season, but good luck to them :) I've had my eyes opened this season and I would still urge any waverers to get themselves down to KP, it's a great day :)

Edited by OpenC

The women's side has already shown it'll be ruthless in regards to sentiment, as the turn over in playing and coachign staff last summer was huge. Its all about getting in to the WSL.

Posted (edited)

Not suprised that a lot more players are being released, but I am suprised at the reaction on here. Womens football is probably more brutal than men's at the top, because so few of them can actually make a career out of it at the moment.

Even in the WSL there will be a large number of them on close to minimum wage, given their careers won't be that long, it's not sustainable!

Also think the club are off their heads saying they want to be in the champions league as soon as possible!

It's great to be ambitious, but its not that easy!

3 teams qualify from the WSL, and last season 2 of them got knocked out in the qualifiers, and there are no other European competition to go into.

Man U achieved qualification last season but have dropped off this year, so it's the normal 3 of Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City. All 3 of them have invested very heavily for years, would be wild to think you can just displace them!

I really hope im wrong, and maybe there will be some big surprises with new players coming in this year!! If we wanted to get promotion again, we need a core of a team who can compete in the WSL!!

Edited by iklgizmo

It's an unusual position to be in for fans of higher level football teams, to just be able to jettison half the squad and replace it with literally anybody who's prepared to come. Will always provoke a mixed reaction I suppose. I understand why they want to get to the top ASAP but for me it makes following the team pretty soulless and hollow, and if I'm honest it makes part of me a little bit glad that we can't just do the same with the men's team.

Whatever my personal feelings about this way of doing things, I genuinely hope the lasses go on to be absolute world beaters and some of them end up in the England setup, I really do :) would love them to be the best team in the country and to be playing at SJP in front of an adoring crowd :)

1 hour ago, iklgizmo said:

I am suprised at the reaction on here

You support the team not individual players. Yes you will grow to like certain players, but in the footballing world today, any player not up to the standard of a club's ambition, will be moved on. I'm more than happy with buying success and having a club with ambition. I've attended over 50 year to see the men's team win a trophy and I want to see one before going onto pastures new. Other clubs are quite happy to follow that line so why not us; as we're just going to be following mediocrity otherwise. Same with the women's team also and I'm quite sure the players released will be fixed up at other clubs after two years of contributing to the team's success.

To be honest its not as bad as I expected and when you look at the positions being vacated it is very sensible. It leaves room for a keeper, couple of each defenders, midfielders, wingers and strikers. Surmising that they will be bringing in a minimum of Championship level, if not WSL, so the league is again there for the taking and at the same time keeping the strength of the existing squad. I'm surprised about PBG and especially Naomi, who when she played always looked really capable but since January everyone else has been bench support rather than weekly starters.

It will be interesting who comes in and at what level and experience. I guess, due to the fact transfer fees are relatively low, we will be buying the league and not holding back. I agree with OpenC that I would have rather evolved as wholesale changes spoil the relationships that fans build with players but if this is the way the women are going to go I'm still all in.

Looking forward to a summer of recruitment and the season ticket release date.

As far as supporting the team and not individuals, as Et Tu Brute said above I have to disagree entirely. The set up now with the men's team I feel is perfect for winning a trophy and Eddie is the perfect manager. Can you imagine having a statue of Souness, Fat Sam, Kinnear or Bruce as the manager who brought / bought success? Give me four more years of Eddie without a trophy than a Caribou cup and a Mancini or Mourinho statue!!! The evolution of NUFC men's team is what I love above all else.

29 minutes ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

To be honest its not as bad as I expected and when you look at the positions being vacated it is very sensible. It leaves room for a keeper, couple of each defenders, midfielders, wingers and strikers. Surmising that they will be bringing in a minimum of Championship level, if not WSL, so the league is again there for the taking and at the same time keeping the strength of the existing squad. I'm surprised about PBG and especially Naomi, who when she played always looked really capable but since January everyone else has been bench support rather than weekly starters.

It will be interesting who comes in and at what level and experience. I guess, due to the fact transfer fees are relatively low, we will be buying the league and not holding back. I agree with OpenC that I would have rather evolved as wholesale changes spoil the relationships that fans build with players but if this is the way the women are going to go I'm still all in.

Looking forward to a summer of recruitment and the season ticket release date.

As far as supporting the team and not individuals, as Et Tu Brute said above I have to disagree entirely. The set up now with the men's team I feel is perfect for winning a trophy and Eddie is the perfect manager. Can you imagine having a statue of Souness, Fat Sam, Kinnear or Bruce as the manager who brought / bought success? Give me four more years of Eddie without a trophy than a Caribou cup and a Mancini or Mourinho statue!!! The evolution of NUFC men's team is what I love above all else.

Howe is liked by the owners, and will be given every opportunity. However, I will be surprised if he is still here with no trophy on board in four years. Again that is the way of the world in football now with ambitious owners. I also don't think the owners would be interested in Mancini or Mourinho, both yesterday's men.