Newcastle United Women

toontownman

On 07/07/2024 at 17:36, Scoreboard82 said:

Are next season's fixtures out? I've got to visit newly promoted Chesterfield and Bromley to renew my 92 ground list and I read that London City lionesses are ground sharing with Bromley. Think they're in the same division so might be an option to tick the ground off.

Whey fancy that. London City Lionesses away 1st game on a mens international weekend too. It's an option.

18 hours ago, Stifler said:

I’d expect both to be played at the main stadiums.

They will be. In the last few seasons, they have generally tried to schedule big women's matches on international breaks, so that clubs have more chance of access to the men's stadiums, with the higher potential for drawing bigger crowds due to the lack of competition. Can see they've also got Southampton vs Portsmouth on the same dates, for the same reasons.

It does work very well in terms of generating interest from my experience. When they run Hibs vs Hearts up here, they'll get 7,000 unopposed and 700 if it's on the same weekend as men's matches. I'm expecting it will do a full house for both the Newcastle vs Sunderland fixtures next season.

Edit: The only real downside I've seen, is that the special events rarely seem to grow the average crowds. A lot of people will come out for the one-off fixture, but they won't transition over to coming for a look the next week when the match is back at the regular home ground. It's great exposure, but for some reason it doesn't seem to stick.

Edited by O Neill