Newcastle United Women

toontownman

24 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

This cup doesn’t reflect anything in the group stages.

Its a league style system and all the top teams play virtually all of their second string players  (players that rarely play- youngsters etc ) 

I wouldn’t take anything from the results in this early stage (it gets serious when it gets to knockouts)

Newcastle might switch it up a bit too (depending on the fixtures in and around these games) 

The one thing it will bring is decent crowds and a chance for the womens game to keep growing.

Yea I get the format, the whole cup is a bit of a joke really. No one takes it seriously other than arsenal, as it's the only thing they seem to be able to win these days!!

I agree though, should draw some big crowds, and if some of the teams field weaker sides, we could maybe spring a suprise or 2! 

You would think Man U should be looking at it more seriously this year, as they're not in Europe, and unlikely to be challenging for the league again!

Looks like we may have to add a couple of more quality players if we want to challenge this year. I know it's only friendlies, but the mackem lasses beat Everton on their own patch today 2 - 1, whereas we were beaten 4 - 0 last week

Yeah I've got mixed feelings about it like. One of the reasons the women's game was good to go to was because the atmosphere was so much better and friendlier. Can do without derby dramas and aggro in all honesty.