Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

Going off Instagram only, they've come back from one down and are leading two one at Fylde in a cup competition. I don't know for sure but I assume it's a league cup rather than the league cup. Nice to see Tyler Dodds getting among the goals, she's a busy player and designated set piece taker but she never gets many opportunities

Edited by OpenC

Table

It's done us the world of good. This, and last week's result, make Forest real rivals for the title, though - hardly surprising given their position last season.

Didn't realise Sunderland were doing so well in the championship; their women's side might be playing at a higher level than their blokes are before long

9 minutes ago, iklgizmo said:

I think this was a cup game, they've just posted something saying 'semi-final bound' 

It was a league game. Our ladies are in pole position but it's now a three horse/car/team race.

Sorted to go and watch the Burnley game now. Anybody got any experience of going away with the women? Can't imagine anywhere sells out and it's just a question of turning up and paying on the day?

Edited by OpenC

11 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Sorted to go and watch the Burnley game now. Anybody got any experience of going away with the women? Can't imagine anywhere sells out and it's just a question of turning up and paying on the day?

Most away days are pay on the day and you can basically sit/stand wherever you want (would of course recommend being by our fans) but would just double check on the Burnley site if you can buy tickets on the day (when I went to the Mancunian Unity game, it was more or less recommended to buy in advance but Salford City a couple of years ago was buy on the day).

Get some tall Dutch lass in the net, it would be a cheat code. Do they play in regular size goals? Why the fuck if so?

The amount of goals I've seen in the women's game that the GK couldn't reach even if they were stood right in front of it, or they get lobbed from distance quite often.

2 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Get some tall Dutch lass in the net, it would be a cheat code. Do they play in regular size goals? Why the fuck if so?

The amount of goals I've seen in the women's game that the GK couldn't reach even if they were stood right in front of it, or they get lobbed from distance quite often.

It’s been a discussion in the past, as well as pitch size. The general consensus is that it would just mean less facilities open to women to play, especially outside of say the WSL.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

It’s been a discussion in the past, as well as pitch size. The general consensus is that it would just mean less facilities open to women to play, especially outside of say the WSL.

Yeh I get that regarding pitch size, but goal size wouldn't be that much of an issue. I mean investing all this money into the women's game, but not providing at least an appropriate goal size is kinda shitty. We wouldn't make little kids kick around of full size ball and play in huge goals from day one.

Think the changing the goal size alone would be a big positive, just based on the average size woman.

Just a reminder to anyone who is at loose ends today, the lasses play wolves at KP in a 2pm KO.

Metro/bus travel is free up to 3 hours before and until end of service to fans heading there (with a match ticket mind!)

Hopefully they get a good turnout and a couple of new players a run out.