Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

20 minutes ago, wormy said:

Does anyone have any idea what it does for the women's team's coffers when they get a turn out like this? Must be a cracking boost especially for a team still a few leagues down the ladder.

I'd imagine it all comes under the NUFC umbrella now, they'll be getting a hell of a lot more funding regardless of the gate.

The real question is, will they ever go on tour to Saudi, and will they be asked to wear clothes appropriate to Saudi culture, or will Saudi just pretend internally that the team doesn't exist... interested to see how it plays out. Bit like a car crash in slow motion I can't see any good outcome but can't help keep watching.

Edited by HawK

1 hour ago, wormy said:

Does anyone have any idea what it does for the women's team's coffers when they get a turn out like this? Must be a cracking boost especially for a team still a few leagues down the ladder.

Tickets were dirt cheap like. Cost us £7 for me, wor las and the bairn!

2 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

No the milburn is open too , they’ve sold lots of hospitality in that area and the lower milburn areas have been sold …. (locked/sold out)

I think the higher part of the milburn stand is open to the public (pay on the day) 

gallowgate - sold out 

east stand - sold out

lower half of the Leazes on the way to being sold out.

Just released another 400 seats in the centre of the East Stand.

Only problem with cheap tickets, is people get them and then don't bother turning up!

It's happened loads in the WSL where they've said games are sold out, then there are blocks of empty seats!

Fingers crossed it doesn't happen this time!! Hopefully it's still enough of a novelty thing!

Would be good if the men's twitter account could push it a bit over the next couple of days!

3 minutes ago, Heron said:

Anyone else find the tickets difficult to get via the site? Doesn't seem to be in the obvious 'ticket' section...

I got two like. In the end.

Yea I could only find it by going via the link on twitter

It's an awful booking system too, hope that gets upgraded at some point!

21 hours ago, HawK said:

and will they be asked to wear clothes appropriate to Saudi culture

Women are allowed to wear shorts and football shirts ffs :lol: (since MBS took power anyway) . Unless they plan to play in lingerie, they’ll be fine. Whether or not the interest for womens’ football is there is a different question, but that’s not a Saudi-specific problem unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

Women are allowed to wear shorts and football shirts ffs :lol: (since MBS took power anyway) . Unless they plan to play in lingerie, they’ll be fine. Whether or not the interest for womens’ football is there is a different question, but that’s not a Saudi-specific problem unfortunately. 

You know what I mean :P

https://kawa-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/saudi-arab.jpg

Even Princess Diana wore headscarves to Mosques and to Muslim countries iirc

I know it's £1-3 a ticket, but it's mental that we've already outsold the capacity of Oakwell for a second round Women's FA Cup tie between two third-tier women's teams.

We're absolutely fucking massive.

Our cousin and his lass are coming up for it (Barnsley ST holders) and I know they'll be absolutely blown away.

I shouldn't be surprised but I honestly didn't expect us to out-sell the last one. Incredible achievement. The standard clearly doesn't mean a thing, btw; I don't think there'd be any more interest if they were two divisions higher. 

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I shouldn't be surprised but I honestly didn't expect us to out-sell the last one. Incredible achievement. The standard clearly doesn't mean a thing, btw; I don't think there'd be any more interest if they were two divisions higher. 

I'm going on Sunday and I'll admit I've never been to a womens match before so I don't know the first thing about the womens team.

I'm aware this is the FA Cup but what tier do NUFC actually play at? Obviously I'm aware its not the top league but its not particularly easy to find out.

4 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

I'm going on Sunday and I'll admit I've never been to a womens match before so I don't know the first thing about the womens team.

I'm aware this is the FA Cup but what tier do NUFC actually play at? Obviously I'm aware its not the top league but its not particularly easy to find out.

4th tier. WSL top tier, Sunderland in the 2nd tier, and then one more league between them and Newcastle.

On 23/11/2022 at 21:35, iklgizmo said:

Only problem with cheap tickets, is people get them and then don't bother turning up!

It's happened loads in the WSL where they've said games are sold out, then there are blocks of empty seats!

Fingers crossed it doesn't happen this time!! Hopefully it's still enough of a novelty thing!

Would be good if the men's twitter account could push it a bit over the next couple of days!

The mackems have used their thousands of ‘no-show’ free tickets to bolster their attendances for years.On Wierdside there’s a huge difference between attendees and attendances.

4 minutes ago, Paullow said:

4th tier. WSL top tier, Sunderland in the 2nd tier, and then one more league between them and Newcastle.

Bloody hell I didn't realise the womens game went as far down! Probably shouldn't expect too much standard wise then.

A likely 30,000+ crowd for womens football at that level is astonishing! No other word for it really. I've caught glimpses of the highlights of the WSL on SSN and the stadiums look bare, maybe a couple of thousand at best at most games and that's the pinnacle of the womens game in this country.

3 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

The mackems have used their thousands of ‘no-show’ free tickets to bolster their attendances for years.On Wierdside there’s a huge difference between attendees and attendances.

2 of my mates worked for Northumbria Police, one still does, other one is retired and they are given an actual number of people inside the stadium and you are right the disparity and actual numbers they quote are massive.

I remember one of them telling me about a game they played against Bolton in the season they were relegated from the Championship to League One. Was a midweek game (Halloween I think) and they announced 26,000 odd at the match but the true number given to Police was under 14,000.

Tbf just about all teams quote tickets sold these days though. We had a few 52k crowds under Ashley which were clearly mid to upper 40s.

6 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

Last year it was just pay on the day (no tickets available online) and 22,000 turned up 

imagine 10,000 turned up this Sunday 

could be looking at 37,000 😀

Is that why loads of sections aren’t available online?