Realistic Transfer Targets (2024/25)

joeyt

On 18/02/2022 at 15:02, Happinesstan said:

From what I've seen, Trippier, Burn and Targett are all good enough for us next season. Just need an exceptional partner for Burn in the centre, and a DM to protect and recycle. Bruno and Joelinton in the centre. Class RW and CF and we're set. Then it's all about securing adequate cover.

While Targett is I think we may well look towards more of a ball playing full back, a Trippier of the left, if the players we were linked with is anything to go by. 

Wouldn't be disappointed with Targett mind you.

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Don’t want him as ridiculous as it may sound.

My favourite strikers have more technical ability and pace but I could see him being a good fit for us if we were too add more pace on the right to stretch teams

My shopping list for the summer currently providing we stay up, with some options in different positions. Basically 5 to go straight in to strengthen and a couple of youngsters with potential.

CB Botman / Salisu  / Carlos

AM Paqueta / Raphina

FWD Nunez / Isak

DM Phillips / Haidara / Kamara

LB Targett

Carvalho / Brennan Johnson

Edited by Whitley mag

Phillips from Leeds quoted above, really like the way he plays, would be immense if we signed a player like him.

For me the spine of the team needs three class players and then another attacking wideman:

Centre Back: Botman

Defensive midfield: Phillips

Striker: Isaak or Osimhen

Attacker: Jeremy Doku (St max Nº2)

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Possible alternative striker target for the summer from the BBC gossip page.

Arsenal, Newcastle, Borussia Dortmund and Inter Milan are eyeing a move for Lille and Canada forward Jonathan David, 22. (TuttoMercatoWeb - in Italian)

Would be brilliant and exactly what we need 

9 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Possible alternative striker target for the summer from the BBC gossip page.

Arsenal, Newcastle, Borussia Dortmund and Inter Milan are eyeing a move for Lille and Canada forward Jonathan David, 22. (TuttoMercatoWeb - in Italian)

He’s going to be good but he still needs another year or so before he’s be able to make it in the Premier League.

He looks to me that he’s going to need someone to play off him. He’ll hold the ball up more etc.

22 hours ago, Dokko said:

Lukaku will be on the move again in the summer. Reckon we could get him around the £60m mark. 

Every striker bar Drogba struggles at Chelsea man

A striker like that is a beast, you play to his strengths and he will guarantee you goals. He's scored everywhere he's been. Even in the PL, at WBA and Everton. But I do get he might be Wood-esque in terms of style, whereas Howe might want the more nimble agile type of striker a la Wilson 

It’s almost certain that every player we’d be looking at would be hardworking, ball-playing, defend-from-the-front stylee. That includes the forwards. Being young will be a bonus. Your Lukakus, Aubas, even Kanes would probably not be high up that list. They’d be on the lookout for a younger Wilson, or a Rondon-type with a better goal return. Your Ekitikes, and even Isak (who is extremely hardworking and hasn’t been in good goalscoring form lately), would suit these criteria.

We actually got lucky with Wilson, despite his injury record. He grafts hard for the team and knows where the back of the net is. Surprisingly difficult to find a striker like this. (Cue the inevitable Weghorst joke:bluestar:).

Darwin Nunez will be playing tonight in the Champions League. We were linked with him before, and I believe this young guy will be one of the world’s top strikers in a few years. 

Nunez (22 year old), Botman (22 year old), and Bruno (24 year old) are all young players with massive potential. That would be a great planning for our European slot competition in a couple of year. 

Edited by Solitude20