Realistic Transfer Targets (2024/25)

joeyt

5 hours ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Striker

Luka Jovic - Arrived at Madrid as one of the most exciting forward talents in Europe. Barely played during his time and certain to leave following Mbappe’s impending arrival. Would be a big fee however.

Really good list of names there but this one stood out to me.

Assuming Nunez wants CL football and Osimhen is going to cost £80m+ I'd definitely be making enquiries about Jovic. 

They paid £60m(ish) for him, current book value about half of that. I wonder if a £30m-40m bid might tempt them? Although he's on about £150k. 

I think he's class, Bruno threading balls through, ASM and a new right forward either side...

4 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Really good list of names there but this one stood out to me.

Assuming Nunez wants CL football and Osimhen is going to cost £80m+ I'd definitely be making enquiries about Jovic. 

They paid £60m(ish) for him, current book value about half of that. I wonder if a £30m-40m bid might tempt them? Although he's on about £150k. 

I think he's class, Bruno threading balls through, ASM and a new right forward either side...

24 years old with only 7 goals in 67 total appearances in the last 3 years. Be worth it if he can regain his form from the first Frankfurt spell, but it’s a big ‘if’ imo. 

2 hours ago, midds said:

Bruno & Paqueta could be our very own version of Xavi & Iniesta. Just need a Busquets :lol:

The thing I like about your example is how I always found Bruno to be very similar to Iniesta in terms of role and versatility . While Iniesta is widely considered one or the best midfielders of all time and Bruno is far from that, they both can attack and defend, they both can create and score. They both are complete midfielders as they can fill up in any role in the middle of the park. They both have great versatility, work ethics, ball control, dribbling, passing, tackling, anticipation, intelligence, work rate, movement, and stamina (again, Iniesta is on a much higher level on those attributes, but you get the point). It is not very common to find players who are both hardworking and technically gifted. Bruno can still learn and improve as midfielders usually peak at 28 years old, and I fear if we don’t qualify for UCL soon he might leave us for a better club. 

Edited by Solitude20

5 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

Although he's on about £150k. 

This will make that move a no go imo, this summer when it comes to buying younger players from foreign leagues I think we’ll mostly be looking at players that currently earn somewhere around 50-60k pw or below so we have room to offer at least double their current wage without smashing our own wage structure. He looks a player mind. 

Edited by Nine

Guest HTT II
10 hours ago, Barnes23 said:

Pure silk, can see why him and Bruno would have such a great understanding 

In that montage he has a bit of Zidane about him in his style of play and gait!

6 hours ago, Nine said:

This will make that move a no go imo, this summer when it comes to buying younger players from foreign leagues I think we’ll mostly be looking at players that currently earn somewhere around 50-60k pw or below so we have room to offer at least double their current wage without smashing our own wage structure. He looks a player mind. 

Don't agree with that. If you're coming from a failed stint at a super club, you'll be looking at similar terms over a longer period. Rather than a wage rise. Jovic has massively flopped. There's no justification for a wage rise and nobody besides a silly PL team would offer it.

53 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Don't agree with that. If you're coming from a failed stint at a super club, you'll be looking at similar terms over a longer period. Rather than a wage rise. Jovic has massively flopped. There's no justification for a wage rise and nobody besides a silly PL team would offer it.

That specific player has a contract until 2025, he likely wont be leaving for any less money than hes already on until his contract expires.. unless hes really motivated to try and revive his career which I doubt as he would have left Madrid a year ago if that was the case. You're right though, he will most likely drop down when he does leave but there are also plenty of examples of flops at that sort of age moving to clubs and remaining on big wages still.  Also I wasnt saying that he'd get a wage rise anywhere at this point, would be mental if he did. 

Edited by Nine

I'd like us to go for Johnson at Forest, regardless if they come up or not. It'd be nice to pad the squad out with more Bruno's or Paqueta's but I'd still like to see us dip into the Championship market and see what we can unearth from there - could be another Bowen.

Could be another Jacob Murphy as well, like.

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

11 hours ago, Barnes23 said:

Pure silk, can see why him and Bruno would have such a great understanding 

He pretty much looks like exactly the same player as Bruno, which i'm stating as a positive not a negative. Technical skill, composure on the ball and a bit of bite in the tackle. Get him signed!!

22 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I'd like us to go for Johnson at Forest, regardless if they come up or not. It'd be nice to pad the squad out with more Bruno's or Paqueta's but I'd still like to see us dip into the Championship market and see what we can unearth from there - could be another Bowen.

Could be another Jacob Murphy as well, like.

Yeah, I like the idea of getting some youngsters from the Championship. 

What's the deal with Brereton Diaz at Blackburn, is he still going to be available on a free this summer?

If he's happy to come in as a squad player that could be a good pick up, as he's pretty versatile and has shown a lot of promise this season.

24 minutes ago, Nine said:

That specific player has a contract until 2025, he likely wont be leaving for any less money than hes already on until his contract expires.. unless hes really motivated to try and revive his career which I doubt as he would have left Madrid a year ago if that was the case. You're right though, he will most likely drop down when he does leave but there are also plenty of examples of flops at that sort of age moving to clubs and remaining on big wages still.  Also I wasnt saying that he'd get a wage rise anywhere at this point, would be mental if he did. 

£150k isn’t astronomical. If he left I’m the summer he could get a deal taking him to 2027.   I think around that mark to £175k is to be expected. Bruno G is on 125k apparently. Lingard would be on similar. 

He’s barely had a look in under Carlo or Zidane so I would stay away from a permanent deal anyway. 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I like the idea of getting some youngsters from the Championship. 

What's the deal with Brereton Diaz at Blackburn, is he still going to be available on a free this summer?

If he's happy to come in as a squad player that could be a good pick up, as he's pretty versatile and has shown a lot of promise this season.

Agree with championship youngsters you can find some gems. Like how did everyone but Palace miss out Michael Oilse

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

£150k isn’t astronomical. If he left I’m the summer he could get a deal taking him to 2027.   I think around that mark to £175k is to be expected. Bruno G is on 125k apparently. Lingard would be on similar. 

He’s barely had a look in under Carlo or Zidane so I would stay away from a permanent deal anyway. 

But wouldnt you say £150k for him is to much? A big risk for sure. I remember him being highly rated in Germany and kept up with him until last season when he just seemed to fade out completely.