Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I'm of the opinion the season is totally fucked and very little to play for, so sell everything that hasn't got a future in 5 years and start again in the summer. 

Said it a few times now but just letting the season fizzle out can harm us in the summer. But I was thinking the same about Spurs and Kane so what do I know.

The fee in question is a big factor here.

Feels shit to be considering this of course. But I guess another key issue is how voluntary this would be for all the various different actors.

If anything like this did happen, the club would need to put in some serious work on messaging for both the supporters and possibly those inside the club. Would be pretty important to have an incoming as well as an outgoing.

31 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Same Europe we couldn't handle. Can't wait.

Do you actually enjoy supporting Newcastle or are you just miserable constantly?

Some of our fans didn't deserve Champions league.

Was clearly ahead of any targets last year and the squad has struggled as a result of the increased games (plus Tonali and Barnes unforeseen circumstances). 

Yeah it's messed this season up a bit, but fuck me I enjoyed it [emoji38]

The smartest clubs always try to move on aging players whilst they can still get a fee that will help them out. Love Trippier but if it's for the clubs benefit then I know where my loyalties are.

Just now, Fezzle said:

Not sure I'd class getting sub £10m for him as anything remotely close to lucky 😂

It's the same as the Callum Wilson situation, for the fee we get it might not be worth selling. Wilson's still going to get goals but teams will stay clear because of his injury record.

As for Trippier, I'd be fuming if we went out and spent £20m on a 33 yr old full back regardless of how good he is.

If it's close to or over £20m I can see the logic - especially with Livramento and Ashby in reserve (and Krafth for now)

Anything less it's better to keep him and let him retire here

46 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Same Europe we couldn't handle. Can't wait.

Europa cup is almost a rest in comparison to playing PSG, Dortmund and Milan. About half the effort required especially early stages 

2 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

If it's close to or over £20m I can see the logic - especially with Livramento and Ashby in reserve (and Krafth for now)

Worried if thats the backup next season. Krafth is out of contract in the summer.

13 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Didn’t you say you would stop caring/being so negative if we beat Sunderland ?

I said I'm not arsed about any other results. So, Who did we lose to? I must have missed a game.

Again, all I've said is prepare for next season, anyone who wants another European campaign next season with this squad is thick as fuck and we can't do much unless we sell. So fucking sell but do it properly. If we offload as many as we can now and maximise the spends next season, then we've got a good platform for the season after.

6 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Europa cup is almost a rest in comparison to playing PSG, Dortmund and Milan. About half the effort required especially early stages 

More games to pick up injuries in for very little return. Like I said, can't wait.

36 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: Give awa, we beat PSG twice. 

We did well but it cost us this season. Or we now ignoring Europe as a factor. Can't blame transfers. Can't blame Eddie. Can't blame tactics or rotation and now Europe. 

Guess it's just God damn bad luck which sees us with all these injuries. Must use that at work when shit goes down. Just bad luck innit, mate? 😂

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

That night at home against PSG was worth the suffering of the rest of the season imo. Best night ever supporting the club for me.

Then fuck ffp off, buy a cup winning squad and deal with it in a few years. Be all worth it. 

30 minutes ago, Dokko said:

We did well but it cost us this season. Or we now ignoring Europe as a factor. Can't blame transfers. Can't blame Eddie. Can't blame tactics or rotation and now Europe. 

Guess it's just God damn bad luck which sees us with all these injuries. Must use that at work when shit goes down. Just bad luck innit, mate? 😂

Course we can blame all those things, including Europe. But "Same Europe we couldnt handle" is unfair. We handled it canny well imo and we were unlucky. Couple of poorer performances, couple of bad decisions, couple of mistakes, but that's football. And it's a competition, if you dont win enough points, you dont progress. You dont give up and say "May as well not bother again then" though, you aim for it again. We're not going to win anything immediately, might not win anything for ages, it wouldnt change anything though. That's competition. 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Course we can blame all those things, including Europe. But "Same Europe we couldnt handle" is unfair. We handled it canny well imo and we were unlucky. Couple of poorer performances, couple of bad decisions, couple of mistakes, but that's football. And it's a competition, if you dont win enough points, you dont progress. You dont give up and say "May as well not bother again then" though, you aim for it again. We're not going to win anything immediately, might not win anything for ages, it wouldnt change anything though. That's competition. 

Agree, we did really well in the CL games except for the two games against Dortmund. It felt like they had our number tactically, they pretty much outplayed us both legs. We were good against PSG and Milan until we ran out of gas.

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

The games we handled well, everything else around it was a disaster.