Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, St1pe said:

Selling him this window while we’ve been briefed numerous times we’re at the limits of ffp, will likely sell one of bigger players in the future (probably Bruno) and we can’t even afford a loan deal is horrendous for morale and the outward message on the direction of the club. It’s going to be really hard to spin that as a positive. 

Perhaps Trippier is the player leaving for FFP purposes?

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

I wouldn’t mind it changing either. Not sure Howe is going to do that mid-season should Trippier leave. Been doing it pretty much since he started managing us. 

Would just mean we have someone doing the same. But with a worse delivery. 

Christ, I hope not.   Our dead ball routines are absolute gash and have been for some time. 

12 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Who’s taking the set pieces now then? Longstaff? Gordon?

Given that it’s always Trippier or Schar now that probably doesn’t need answering. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Christ, I hope not.   Our dead ball routines are absolute gash and have been for some time. 

Agreed. Love the man. But cringe now every time he steps up. It’s as bad as Miggy cutting in on his 1 good leg [emoji38]

5 hours ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Isn’t it done on a rolling 3 year basis, year by year? 

In which case revenue is revenue and would benefit a three year period regardless. 

Yes, but if we don't need the benefit in this 3rd season of a rolling 3 year period, we may as well get in the 3 next sets of rolling seasons.

So if we got a fee now, it would feature as the 3rd year of the season ending 2024...and by all accounts we're ok so would be "unnecessary" profit in that 3 years.

By deferring to August, would you get the benefit in:

year 3 of 3 year period ending 2025

Year 2 of 3 year period ending 2026

Year 3 of3 year period ending 2027

I think [emoji38]:explode:

2 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Selling him this window while we’ve been briefed numerous times we’re at the limits of ffp, will likely sell one of bigger players in the future (probably Bruno) and we can’t even afford a loan deal is horrendous for morale and the outward message on the direction of the club. It’s going to be really hard to spin that as a positive. 

The entire football world is limited in the same way.  I don’t see why NUFC would be the club whose reputation damaged by it.

It is a section of our support who never accepted that FFP was a real thing who are going to be the upset party.  It was pretty obvious that the majority of the players being signed over the last two years would not be here for a long time, due to FFP.  There will be cycles of players until we get to where we’re aiming. 

22 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I can tell you, from very close to the horses mouth, that this story is complete bullshit. Bayern may very well be interested, but he’s 100% not leaving and we would not remotely entertain the idea.

Asked again and was told the same. He isn’t pushing for any move and NUFC have no intention of selling.

I’ll caveat it all by saying, of course, things can change if big offers come in, but that’s what I’ve been told three times now by people who most definitely know the craic.

(And I know with 99% certainty that these “personal” issues are completely fabricated… unless of course my source(s) are lying to my face)

Edited by Shadow Puppets

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Utter bollocks, every part of that is wrong

There also can’t be many players who would be available for £25m, yet command wages of £200k.

Livramento is nowhere near as good as him btw.  He’s been pretty shite when he’s came in from the bench on either side over the last month or so.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

Asked again and was told the same. He isn’t pushing for any move and NUFC have no intention of selling.

I’ll caveat it all by saying, of course, things can change if big offers come in, but that’s what I’ve been told three times now by people who most definitely know the craic.

The only people who could know that are those at the very top of the club - Howe, Ashworth, and the owners.  Anyone else isn’t ITK. 

1 minute ago, Sima said:

Livramento is nowhere near as good as him btw.  He’s been pretty shite when he’s came in from the bench on either side over the last month or so.

He hasn’t been costing us match after match, either

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

The only people who could know that are those at the very top of the club - Howe, Ashworth, and the owners.  Anyone else isn’t ITK. 

Or the player… or those close to the player… 🧐

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

He hasn’t been costing us match after match, either

Fair point but I’d still pick Trippier nine times out of ten out of the two of them.

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Or the player… or those close to the player… 🧐

I’m sure Trippier is telling everyone he meets what his innermost thoughts are, in fairness.

And he can’t accept a bid from Bayern. 

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

See, this is why Craig Hope is a bellend. Tripps and his family have been in New York all week, correct. But they flew back today, as they were always planning to. Not with any specific aim of sealing any deal to anywhere… just because that’s the fucking flight they booked home.

Absolute cockwomble.

Edited by Shadow Puppets

5 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

(And I know with 99% certainty that these “personal” issues are completely fabricated… unless of course my source(s) are lying to my face)

Not doubting you have sources, but there is too much out there for this not to have legs.