Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

25 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Please ... for those concerned, the team is not going to fall to pieces because Trippier is no longer in it. Stop it.

Besides if he goes I'm pretty sure it will be with a view to bringing players in this window.

Outside of Bruno he's our most significant playmaker.

Take any playmaker out a team and the team will be impacted. I can see both sides of the argument in this case but saying a team that is already out of form won't "fall to pieces" when one of its most influential players are sold is naive at best. 

Let’s say he retires from football at the end of his contract here, what do we gain, if anything, in terms of FFP? 

Or we don’t sell him now and he just leaves on a free at the end of his contract. Again, what do we gain in terms of FFP?

I’m just wondering if it’s best to cut ties now and make whatever we can off the deal instead of making nothing in 18 months. 

If that makes sense. 

24 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

No, others are allowed opinions as well. 

Eh? Has someone tied your hands together and stopped you from typing?

Not agreeing with you is not the same as me not allowing you an opinion.

Lawd have mercy!!!

12 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Take any playmaker out a team and the team will be impacted. I can see both sides of the argument in this case but saying a team that is already out of form won't "fall to pieces" when one of its most influential players are sold is naive at best. 

Not if we sign a creative midfielder and a right winger with end product, with the money.  
Just sell him outright and don’t replace him and yeah, we suffer. But I don’t think this lot operate like that. 
Look at what Tonali gave us in that first game - it was immediately apparent why he had been signed. A perfectly floated assist, a goal resulting from a perfectly timed late run, first time balls releasing players  etc. 

People are worried about Trippier leaving because taking his assists out of our side weakens us. But one or two key additions could mitigate that loss and add even more dimensions. 

I’m more concerned about what our season could look like if we don’t sell Trippier (or someone else) and get some new additions in.

Edited by Holmesy

8 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Like I said already.

If he leaves it will be with a view to bringing in a player or two this January I imagine.

And so it's nowhere near as straightforward as you're putting it.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Eh? Has someone tied your hands together and stopped you from typing?

Not agreeing with you is not the same as me not allowing you an opinion.

Lawd have mercy!!!

STFU, man. 

35 minutes ago, KaKa said:

As if there aren't a bunch of experienced top characters in the side.

Come on folks. Please stop all this.

^ "please stop all this" when others are raising valid concerns. You don't get to regulate the opinions on here, far from it. Tedious as fuck. 

Just now, Interpolic said:

STFU, man. 

^ "please stop all this" when others are raising valid concerns. You don't get to regulate the opinions on here, far from it. Tedious as fuck. 

:spit:

Man, I'm actually embarrassed for you.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

:spit:

Man, I'm actually embarrassed for you.

Yeah OK you've gone quickly to the laugh and patronise the other poster part.

You do this to everyone, it's some sort of personality disorder that we all have to endure. 

Get fucked :thup:

13 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Having a 33 year old right back as your most creative player is surely a concern of its own too. It’s an issue that will have to be fixed in year, if not sooner anyway. 

Fwiw, I thought he’d retire here and I’d still be happy with that. 

Yeah OK you've gone quickly to the laugh and patronise the other poster part.

You do this to everyone, it's some sort of personality disorder that we all have to endure. 

Get fucked :thup:

Look how rattled you are. You are completely falling to pieces.

You can claim I'm somehow trying to regulate people's opinions all you want, it still doesn't make it so.

You've got serious issues man.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You can claim I'm somehow trying to regulate people's opinions all you want, it still doesn't make it so.

Wow

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You nasty little snivelling shit. 

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Absolutely unnecessary.

Just now, toon25 said:

Absolutely unnecessary.

The guy is telling me to shut the fuck up and get fucked over absolutely nothing.

You are ridiculous.

Just now, KaKa said:

I'm not rattled, I'm done with the way you speak to others on here and will call it out when I can be arsed to.

We've got quite a good forum here where most people treat others with respect, whereas you choose to be a bellend on the regular. You reckon reasonable people are just going to read that again and again and not take issue? Nah. 

I'm not rattled, I'm done with the way you speak to others on here and will call it out when I can be arsed to.

We've got quite a good forum here where most people treat others with respect, whereas you choose to be a bellend on the regular. You reckon reasonable people are just going to read that again and again and not take issue? Nah. 

You are the only one who has completely over reacted to my comments about Trippier and claimed I am trying to control opinions, but whatever. Carry on.

I'm with KaKa on this one. All I did was call a couple of posters "dumb cunts" & I got sent to Siberia. 

He's been told to "stfu" & "get fucked" 😳

Where's the consistency? We need VAR here

Verbal Altercation Regulator