More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

He's played a full season in France and looks better than anyone we have (including Maxi). He'll be starting 100% if we sign him.

I think his age and relative inexperience would mean he'd take longer to adapt. Ability wise, from the little I've seen, I'd agree he could start and not look out of place but he's 19 and moving to a new country, language, culture etc and realistically it's going to take time for him to settle in a bit. Throwing him in straight away would be a mistake but I'd like to think he'd be ready to go by about Easter. 

That's if he signs obviously :lol:

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

What are you basing this on exactly? He's 20 year old, not 16.

What in the wild world are you basing it on? Its enough pressure for an established player coming to the PL. Here we have a teenager after one season in Ligue 1. Its just crazy thinking throwing him straight in. 

Just now, nufc123 said:

What in the wild world are you basing it on? Its enough pressure for an established player coming to the PL. Here we have a teenager after one season in Ligue 1. Its just crazy thinking throwing him straight in. 

"crazy"[emoji38]

He looks better than anything we have by a mile, man.

8 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

"crazy"[emoji38]

He looks better than anything we have by a mile, man.

Its Ligue 1 not PL. And no he doesnt look better than anything we have. Besides Maximin will play left. We need a right player. Would happily be wrong here but just cant see your plan being one that Howe would do

Edited by nufc123

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Hopefully in the future we can snag a potential star earlier and spend less on future top players after they move to a club for half of what we will spend now. It’s why I like us taking this punt on Hugo versus buying him after he spends 2 years at another club. The Ashley era drove me nuts in that regard. 

Absolutely! Building up the academy and bringing in players we can develop into future stars will be crucial to being able to catch up with the top clubs under FFP.

11 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Its Ligue 1 not PL. And no he doesnt look better than anything we have. Besides Maximin will play left. We need a right player. Would happily be wrong here but just cant see your plan being one that Howe would do

You're right. He's not going to start. Absolutely no chance.

It's clear we are after a top class right winger the likes of Moussa Diaby and Zaniolo who we have both apparently registered interest in.

ASM, Wilson, the new right winger and Joelinton ... none will be dropped to throw a 19 year old who has just completed his first full season into the team off the bat. 

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You're right. He's not going to start. Absolutely no chance.

It's clear we are after a top class right winger the likes of Moussa Diaby and Zaniolo who we have both apparently registered interest in.

ASM, Wilson, the new right winger and Joelinton ... none will be dropped to throw a 19 year old who has just completed his first full season into the team off the bat. 

If he's been bought as a number 9 he'll obviously not start because we have Wilson. If we're playing with wide forwards (not wingers like Howe was using last year) which wingback suggests then Ekitike will start if fit like. Unless he's a total flop.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Is this accurate? Apparently only played on the left 3 times. 

I mean he can't really be much worse than our other wingers ASM aside but I'd me massively surprised if we don't bring in an established RW. 

Screenshot_20220605-143418_Chrome.jpg

19 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Also, we were literally trying to sign him a few months ago with the obvious intention of playing him. Otherwise we would have accepted the offer to loan him back to France.

Of course he will play, but he shouldnt be brought in to start on the wing at day one. He is one for the future. We need a wide player capable of double figures in front of goal.

13 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

I mean he can't really be much worse than our other wingers ASM aside but I'd me massively surprised if we don't bring in an established RW. 

Think he starts central but often drifts to the left. Like Henry.

15 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

They play 3-5-2 apparently and (from what I've read) he plays the more free role of the two, dropping back to help out in defence and coming wide to isolate the fullbacks.

Not sure how accurate that is like.

18 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Of course he will play, but he shouldnt be brought in to start on the wing at day one. He is one for the future. We need a wide player capable of double figures in front of goal.

I'm not saying he should start on the wing from day 1, I said if we play 3-4-3 and spend this summer strengthening from the back we could get away without touching our central midfield and wingers. Ekitike from what I've seen and heard is more than capable of playing on the left of a front 3. I don't think he should be playing as a traditional winger.

Atleast I don't think we'd need to spash £40m on a starter in those positions (not that I would be against it like).

I just cannot see how we can come to the conclusion that he's deffinitely not ready, he looks quality. I doub't he'll be warming the bench much unless Howe views him purely as Wilson's replacement.

Edited by Hanshithispantz