More transfer rumours

midds

17 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

That’s a far bigger upgrade than Diaby for Fraser at the present time. We then have Paqueta, an established Brazil starter, in Bruno’s position and we still have Bruno. Shelvey is very 1 dimensional, not the best athlete and he restricts us. We’ve got to get the best out there when we can. Diaby can wait.

If Fraser can stay fit and get a run he’s shown he can do ok. IMO we’ll be far stronger with Paqueta than Diaby. Also would like to think Paqueta would want to come and settle better,

Fraser doesnt get past his man anymore. I really want Paqueta but for me RW was the main position before the window. just have to disagree 

Edited by nufc123

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Doesnt matter if they dont have the brain or ability. Something they have showed time after time they dont. Fraser is lacking speed. Almiron never looks up (1 goal!). Why would Almiron and Fraser increase their goals and assists with Paqueta? Its like putting Joelinton upfront and add Paqueta saying he would get double figures. It aint happening.

Fraser was a complete waste when he came in, completely Bruce’d, he looked like he absolutely hated every minute. Second half of last season up to his injury he actually looked really engaged and put in some good performances (before his legs fell off after 70 minutes). 

Shelvey did well, our win ratio with him in shows that. But, against the top sides we were too predictable and not mobile enough. Paqueta changes that, we’d have a midfield pivot if we needed and the oppo wouldn’t more or less know who to discount from making a breaking run. Options man, the more the merrier. Midfield is key.

BTW, in the very short term we still need back for Wilson more. Goals.

4 hours ago, Solitude20 said:

Wtf? Leave it to an admin to get triggered and infuriated just because someone voiced an opinion over a tactical discussion. 

You were talking utter shite, to be fair.

I get that Fraser doesn’t burn his defender with pace, he rarely ever did. He is a busy player when up for it and can deliver a ball. Give him a joined up midfield that can put him away and Wilson will hugely benefit.

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I feel like I’ve never been more shocked by how thick some posters are. Jesus. 

But how can Paqueta possibly be seen as a Shelvey replacement!?

Poor Bruno might cry if asked to play as the deepest midfielder EVERY game!

Whale spunk, as Midds always says.

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Fraser was a complete waste when he came in, completely Bruce’d, he looked like he absolutely hated every minute. Second half of last season up to his injury he actually looked really engaged and put in some good performances (before his legs fell off after 70 minutes). 

Shelvey did well, our win ratio with him in shows that. But, against the top sides we were too predictable and not mobile enough. Paqueta changes that, we’d have a midfield pivot if we needed and the oppo wouldn’t more or less know who to discount from making a breaking run. Options man, the more the merrier. Midfield is key.

BTW, in the very short term we still need back for Wilson more. Goals.

We also didnt have a shot at goal against the top sides. He wont get behind Robertson and Cancelo. Diaby would.

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

But how can Paqueta possibly be seen as a Shelvey replacement!?

Poor Bruno might cry if asked to play as the deepest midfielder EVERY game!

Whale spunk, as Midds always says.

People likely forgot that Bruno played in the central role versus Arsenal with Joelinton and Longstaff and comfortably dominated the game and scored a fucking goal! 

27 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Fraser doesnt get past his man anymore. I really want Paqueta but for me RW was the main position before the window. just have to disagree 

Point I'm making is that both to me are main positions to improve this window, if we really want to make significant strides forward. I'm however, pretty confident we will see both positions (and a stiker) improved before the window closes.

Edited by et tu brute

I don't think Paqueta will actually be sold this window tbh. He might have asked for a move, but doesn't sound like Lyon are going to let him go unless they get an eye-watering amount. I can't see us or Arsenal stumping up €65m, and I don't think Lyon will drop their valuation to do us any favours.

2 minutes ago, PeepShow4life said:

If we don't bring in another central midfielder, I'd put Bruno in Shelveys place and put Willock in the more attacking role, think Willock could excel next season.

You mean basically what we did at the end of the season but Willock instead of Longstaff ?

I'm sure that was the plan anyway.

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

I don't think Paqueta will actually be sold this window tbh. He might have asked for a move, but doesn't sound like Lyon are going to let him go unless they get an eye-watering amount. I can't see us or Arsenal stumping up €65m, and I don't think Lyon will drop their valuation to do us any favours.

Probably but that's not the game we're playing.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

Probably but that's not the game we're playing.

Yes, we are obviously trying to get the best deal, but I see this as similar to the Carlos chase in January. Lyon don't want to lose him, but if they get a really big fee they will do it. It does put them in a tricky position though, as he could probably double his wages coming to England so they will have to weigh up how much they value an unhappy player in their squad.

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yes, we are obviously trying to get the best deal, but I see this as similar to the Carlos chase in January. Lyon don't want to lose him, but if they get a really big fee they will do it. It does put them in a tricky position though, as he could probably double his wages coming to England so they will have to weigh up how much they value an unhappy player in their squad.

I mean the game we are playing in here, either/or Pacqueta/Diaby ?

17 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

I'd love Paqueta bit don't think they view CM as a top priority this window. Certainly not enough to pay 60m when we have 2 competent attackers in the squad. 

Very true, but we also only have two competent midfielders in the squad and one of them is borderline.

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Very true, but we also only have two competent midfielders in the squad and one of them is borderline.

Hey, I know it's about opinions, but I honestly can't see why others can't see this.  

21 minutes ago, Rich said:

You were talking utter shite, to be fair.

And you sir get infuriated every time you think someone is talking nonsense? Probably the internet isn’t for folks like you.

And you are an admin, so you should help create an atmosphere that encourages discussions. All I said is that Paqueta isn’t a substitute for Shelvey and that triggered the Karen inside of you, Jeez. 

I used to think we definitely needed a DM behind Bruno. However, with Botman and Burn/Schar clearly being asked to engage higher and Pope sweeping, I think we could play Bruno deeper and let Joe break up and engage/press the opponent midfield higher, allowing Paqueta to drift more. Just a thought, it would a shame to lose out on someone of such ability, but I trust Howe to know what he's after.

Edited by Oregon_Geordie

1 minute ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

I used to think we definitely needed a DM behind Bruno. However, with Botman and Burn/Schar clearly being asked to engage higher and Pope sweeping, I think we could play Bruno deeper and let Joe break up and engage/press the opponent midfield higher, allowing Paqueta to drift more. Just a thought, it would a shame to lose out on someone of such ability, but I trust Howe to know what he's after.

Careful, if you think we need a DM behind Bruno some Admin in this site will start giving you warnings.