Toontastic Forum

Dr Gloom

I was a nufc-forum user. Just died the death eventually with only a handful of regular posters using it at the end. 

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Skunkers was brilliant. 

Some good kids on there. Neil from the DIY 😉 and a bloke who sold stove chimney flues who's name, shamefully, escapes me 😕 Top lads. 

Was also on Toontastic and let some of them kip in my house when I was on nightshift. Just left a key for them. 

Place was spotless 😂😂😂

I don't think peak Skunkers will ever be beaten. Good mix of mags and mackems, plenty of piss taking on a diverse range of subjects, think there were a few drinks meet ups as well but I never got to any of them. Must have died about five years ago now. Gone but never forgotten.

5 hours ago, Scoot said:

Nufc-forum.com

Aye that was decent, then as you say it just vanished. 

That was a great forum back in the day. It was the first I used. I checked in on it about ten years ago and it looked like Deffy was running it. Wonder what that dude is at now. Him and Bob would be great users on here. 

Posted (edited)

Skunkers was brilliant, and unlikely sadly to ever be repeated

Geordie blatherers was an early forum, mid 90s. Very very funny. Maybe only a dozen or so members. We had one of those bricks at the ground made up outside the main entrance

Thirty years on, it's great that forums such as this still survive despite tech advances elsewhere.

Edited by JLC

8 hours ago, Beth said:

I don't think peak Skunkers will ever be beaten. Good mix of mags and mackems, plenty of piss taking on a diverse range of subjects, think there were a few drinks meet ups as well but I never got to any of them. Must have died about five years ago now. Gone but never forgotten.

Mackems fall through the divisions killed off Skunkers for good. The place was at its best when you had a steady stream of fuckwits popping over from SMB who weren’t in on the joke.

Met a few people from Skunkers over the years. All disappointing normal.

Early Internet years, who else was on Albert Koelmans' nufc mailing list hosted by a server in the depths of Newcastle Uni ?

I must have joined around 2001/2002 on toontastic in my early 20s……Christ..

I know there’s some who have passed on  :( but otherwise I remember regulars like David kelly, the fish, wykikitoon, howmanheyman, Christmas tree, monkeys fist, Ali, Jimbo, Sonatine, Renton, Meenzer, Alex, Gemmil, Catmag, Lisa, Jill, Luke Scottishmag, Peaspud, to name a few. I’ve always drifted in and out - bit like on here ;) 

4 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

I must have joined around 2001/2002 on toontastic in my early 20s……Christ..

I know there’s some who have passed on  :( but otherwise I remember regulars like David kelly, the fish, wykikitoon, howmanheyman, Christmas tree, monkeys fist, Ali, Jimbo, Sonatine, Renton, Meenzer, Alex, Gemmil, Catmag, Lisa, Jill, Luke Scottishmag, Peaspud, to name a few. I’ve always drifted in and out - bit like on here ;) 

@chayton :cool:

8 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

….now I feel like a twat. Of course ! 

I'm sure he won't be offended :lol: Craig and I set it up originally, I soon converted to this place, he seems to be more active on facebook groups these days.

7 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I'm sure he won't be offended :lol: Craig and I set it up originally, I soon converted to this place, he seems to be more active on facebook groups these days.

He’s one of few I have on FB. He’s a good lad, obviously full of busy these days. Now that you mention that, JawD was another regular. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

Any former Skunkers care to divulge their usernames? 

LordSirPeter -  we’re you dudeabides?

Edited by LordJake

Anyone recall eddymarra.com?

as the name suggests was run by a guy named Eddy who was living in Australia but spent most of his life in the North East. Eddy was a bit of an abrasive character until you got to know him. Last communication I received was from his daughter informing that his health has taken a turn for the worse and I suspect that was the end of the forum too. 

Talking about more than 25 years ago here...

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Wasn't skunkers full of racists? :lol: Admittedly I think the last time I went on there was like 2005 or something. 

I wouldn't doubt some may have been. My recollection of it is "anything goes" 

Not as in its OK to be racist, for eg, but as in one could verbalise in whichever fashion one wanted without fear of causing offence. 

Think amateur Frankie Boyles 

Remember about 20 years ago my boss joined one, not Skunkers but nufcforum sounds familiar, and spent a whole day at work reading threads then suddenly getting very agitated arguing with a few people over some random match in the mid 70's :lol: Vividly remember he shouting 'the cheeky cunts have banned me' before storming off to the toilets ffs

12 hours ago, Lotus said:

Think I also remember someone called Gemmil from Toontastic.....

I am / was on there, no prizes for guessing when my username was. LOL.

I'm sure I was on there a few months ago - can't remember the reason why.

Site still offline - not sure if a permanent or temporary thing.

Posted (edited)

Aye Skunkers was class mainly as it wasn't moderated and it was basically anything goes , literally nothing was off limits .

I am 100% convinced that Ramma who is always posting stuff about us on twitter is formerly Get the lot on from Skunkers.

Edited by Geogaddi

4 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Remember about 20 years ago my boss joined one, not Skunkers but nufcforum sounds familiar, and spent a whole day at work reading threads then suddenly getting very agitated arguing with a few people over some random match in the mid 70's :lol: Vividly remember he shouting 'the cheeky cunts have banned me' before storming off to the toilets ffs

Was your boss LeazesMag? :lol: