Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

45 minutes ago, Abacus said:

It does take a bit of effort to think of the expiry of the clause as a negative, but we're pretty damn good at this by now.

If we signed mbappe for free on £50k a week somewhere on here would find fault with it. 

Just now, Fezzle said:

If we signed mbappe for free on £50k a week somewhere on here would find fault with it. 

“Anyone else think that this is a sign that Mbappe’s on his way down? I get the sense he couldn’t handle the pressure at a club like Real so wanted to big a big fish in a smaller pond. I don’t know, I might be wrong but that’s how I see it”

Just now, gbandit said:

“Anyone else think that this is a sign that Mbappe’s on his way down? I get the sense he couldn’t handle the pressure at a club like Real so wanted to big a big fish in a smaller pond. I don’t know, I might be wrong but that’s how I see it”

Got to question his ambition 

1 hour ago, Abacus said:

It does take a bit of effort to think of the expiry of the clause as a negative, but we're pretty damn good at this by now.

Might aswell put doable clauses in every contract. That way we won't have to sell our players on the cheap. I for sure won't be getting any sleep until they finally put a £100m buyout clause in Isaks contract to end my fears of him getting sold for £50m.

Edited by Erikse

3 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Is it worth noting that Louise Taylor in the guardian is still reporting that the release clause ends at the end of June?

She has used "end of June" before in a general sense, meaning somewhere towards the end of the month.  She also reported that he'd bought a new house when he hadn't.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/26/eddie-howe-optimistic-guimaraes-will-stay-at-newcastle-this-summer

Not Worrying.

4 hours ago, Fezzle said:

Are we trying to save money on vowels for the back of the shirts now for Christ sake - you can’t run a club like this.

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Are we trying to save money on vowels for the back of the shirts now for Christ sake - you can’t run a club like this.

Well, we've never once signed Jérémie Aliadière.

Questions must be asked.

10 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Let's see what happens now we don't have the leverage to demand £100m.

Would love to see the lad turning out for us again next season, but a bit worried that he'll have been playing relentlessly for ages, come the end of Copa America. 

We need to become less reliant on him whether we sell him or don't.

The release clause was the value deal.

His actual value to the club will be higher than the release clause fee.

Typically the release clause agreed with a player is a compromise, to make it more straightforward for them to leave if certain clubs come in for them.

The release clause expiring doesn't mean we are more vulnerable to lower bids. You can still accept lower bids even with a release clause in place.