Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

12 minutes ago, Mikky said:

They had a fantastic player in Neymar to build a team around - bloke turned to become a complete tosspot of a person - filtered through the squad 

Rashford & Man Utd come to mind, school meals work aside he's hardly a model pro. Am I being too harsh?

40 minutes ago, HawK said:

Rashford & Man Utd come to mind, school meals work aside he's hardly a model pro. Am I being too harsh?

Classic friend of a friend stuff but I've heard nothing but positive things about Rashford in person.

I like him, whatever your take is on how much it’s a PR thing and how much he really cares it just feels ridiculously devil’s advocate to say that it’s a contrived attempt to build his brand. No one else has done it, no one else has tried to make a difference like he did. He deserves huge respect for it. I always have the impression that he’s struggling with his mental health when going through bad patches of form. He never looks happy even if he gets a goal etc. 

Hes not the player everyone thought he was or expected him to be but that’s hardly a bad thing for us 

Getting back to Neymar - I think it’s no coincidence with him there they’ve become Hollywood Brazil - I used to love Brazil - everything about them seemed genuine - their own unique style - since Neymar arrived all that changed - yes he has X amount of goals but in my view he didn’t carry the mantle - yes you can say the same about Zico (he didn’t deliver the big one), but Brazil never wavered from who they were when he played.

Fair enough, maybe it's a bad (uninformed) take - I have no idea what he's like in person, I'm just judging on what I see from his play on the pitch. 

11 minutes ago, huss9 said:

paqueta on the list - what he fuck is going on with his case?????

Was thinking the same the other day. Are they brushing under the carpet or what?:lol:

14 minutes ago, huss9 said:

paqueta on the list - what he fuck is going on with his case?????

https://www.goal.com/en/lists/lucas-paqueta-betting-case-west-ham-despite-ongoing-spot-fixing-investigation/blt0f4ef590c87989af#cse9c24d58f3ab959b

However, despite the charges hanging over him, the FA will allow Paqueta to play while the investigation is conducted. The outcome is not expected until close to the end of the season and may even go beyond that, due to the complexity of the case. His defence lawyers believe it will take months to secure the evidence they require to respond to the charges.

Edited by Erikse

2 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Was thinking the same the other day. Are they brushing under the carpet or what?:lol:

Bizarre, Tonali gets 10 months but Paqueta is playing on at the moment with the premier seemingly unsure of what to do next. Quite a few teams have the right to be pissed odd surely.

Hasn't it also been said that Italy traditionally handle this shit swiftly because of their league's history of dodginess? Whereas everything the FA does is a snail's pace at the best of times. 

Feel like Sandro was already over halfway through his suspension before we heard about the FA looking in to his time since moving to England.

They also admitted they had jack shit evidence on Tonali if he had pleaded not guilty, and only investigated because he had come to them first. So bodes well for Paqueta that this will likely drag on and on and eventually lead to nothing. Probably very sensible to deny everything. 

2 hours ago, alexf said:

They also admitted they had jack shit evidence on Tonali if he had pleaded not guilty, and only investigated because he had come to them first. So bodes well for Paqueta that this will likely drag on and on and eventually lead to nothing. Probably very sensible to deny everything. 

Probably keeps him stuck at West Ham though. 

2 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

Why was he HAULED at the half yesterday? I'm assuming he isn't crocked?

Howe clicked 45 minutes only when the international instructions message popped up in his inbox

6 hours ago, Mikky said:

Getting back to Neymar - I think it’s no coincidence with him there they’ve become Hollywood Brazil - I used to love Brazil - everything about them seemed genuine - their own unique style - since Neymar arrived all that changed - yes he has X amount of goals but in my view he didn’t carry the mantle - yes you can say the same about Zico (he didn’t deliver the big one), but Brazil never wavered from who they were when he played.

Feels unfair criticism on Neymar.

Guy really did carry Brazil, especially at the home World Cup. Fell apart quite literally when he got injured. Like their 2014 team was so average, and it’s continued.

They just don’t have the attacking qualities anymore, and then the ones that do, move abroad so early for the money they don’t develop. So many have moved on at an early age past 15 years and not developed.

Neymar has 79 goals in 128 games for Brazil and even the smaller countries of Conmebol usually know how to defend. Honestly think his career is underrated due to his antics both on and off the pitch. 

Had a glance at the table and Paraguay have scored 2 and conceded 3 goals in 8 matches so far and have a 2 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses. :lol:

5 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Bizarre, Tonali gets 10 months but Paqueta is playing on at the moment with the premier seemingly unsure of what to do next. Quite a few teams have the right to be pissed odd surely.

It’s not that bizarre. Tonali was also allowed to play on until he was found guilty.

The Paqueta case seems considerably more complex, and he’s obviously pleading innocence, something Tonali never did.

Going off the questionable information available so far, I’d suspect that if (big if) Paqueta does eventually get found guilty, he’ll get substantially more than 10 months.

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think we’re in lifetime ban territory if he’s been fixing things. I can’t think of a similar case though. 

Kynan Isaac got 10 years for deliberately getting booked in an FA Cup game.

Edit - There was also Bradley Wood who got a six year ban for doing it twice so I've no idea what the sentencing guidelines would be.

Edited by Keegans Export

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think we’re in lifetime ban territory if he’s been fixing things. I can’t think of a similar case though. 

100% lifetime ban territory, wonder how high the bar of evidence needs to be. The legal costs associated with this case must be through the roof 

53 minutes ago, SteV said:

It’s not that bizarre. Tonali was also allowed to play on until he was found guilty.

The Paqueta case seems considerably more complex, and he’s obviously pleading innocence, something Tonali never did.

Going off the questionable information available so far, I’d suspect that if (big if) Paqueta does eventually get found guilty, he’ll get substantially more than 10 months.

Also it's different FA investigating these claims so they have different timelines etc.  it took ages for Toney to get his ban.

Italy because of their history of it are quite swift.