Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

27 minutes ago, Menace said:

Been absolutely immense since his new contract. He always acts like a twat against arsenal but I have time for it. :lol:

I don't think he picks a team to be a twat against, I think it's a reaction to the game that teams play and Arsenal are becoming increasingly snide. 

He's gonna have to try and keep his head in the reverse fixture. Because they are definitely going to target him and try to wind him up. 

If we play it right and sensible we could actually use it to our advantage and get one of them potentially sent off if they push it too far and we keep our heads.  

1 minute ago, alexf said:

He's gonna have to try and keep his head in the reverse fixture. Because they are definitely going to target him and try to wind him up. 

If we play it right and sensible we could actually use it to our advantage and get one of them potentially sent off if they push it too far and we keep our heads.  

Our in-house shithousery experts will be all over that as part of our game plan ! [emoji38]

Honestly thought he should've been sent off for 2 yellows, some of those were even close to a red by themselves. At the same time I feel like he's allways on top of his game when he's very aggressive like in this game, so I guess that maybe we can't have a calm Bruno and at the same time have him be at his best. I remember some Man Utd fans saying the same about Rooney, that he became worse when he tried to stop being "too aggressive".

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

Honestly thought he should've been sent off for 2 yellows, some of those were even close to a red by themselves. At the same time I feel like he's allways on top of his game when he's very aggressive like in this game, so I guess that maybe we can't have a calm Bruno and at the same time have him be at his best. I remember some Man Utd fans saying the same about Rooney, that he became worse when he stopped being "too aggressive".

Didn't see two yellows myself but the first one was possibly a straight red in itself depending on the force used which you can't really see on TV.

Think the forearm to the head was a straight red personally. A deliberate strike to the head with the arm that uses more than 'negligable force' is a red for violent conduct.

The barge in the back was a yellow for me. Both completely unnecessary.

Not 100% sure the hand-off is even a foul tbh. Don't think it's a booking at any rate, but you can't say he didn't deserve one overall. At worst I'd say it's careless, see below:

[Pushing is only a foul if it's "careless, reckless or uses excessive force":

"Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed

Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned

Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off" - FA Laws]

Yeah, the forearm was a red, very silly thing to do. Hopefully we are having a quiet word with him about that. The rest were fine, actually good play in a way. 

The barge was just good shithousery. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

I don't think it was a red, but it was certainly borderline and could have been given. But I suppose if VAR also saw it that way, they can't intervene and insist on a yellow.

Much as I'm not a big fan Peter Walton in the Times said as much, that the goal was correct by the rules as well and the only thing he couldn't agree with was the Havertz decision. Which is actually what a lot of more sensible commentators are saying now the heat has died down.

I do think the ref lost control after the Havertz incident, and so did a lot of our players.

It's maybe the only downside of having such togetherness in the group. Watch one of your close-knit team get cleaned out and everyone loses their heads a bit. Bruno seems a leader in that respect so perhaps no surprise he was the one to go most OTT.

In most cases, we channelled our anger in the right sort of way after the 3 yellows, which is something Bruno needs to learn, especially when the crowd also becomes a monster because of it. You can tell he feeds off the emotion, which we don't want to lose at the same time.

6 minutes ago, madras said:

So, like I said.

I've seen players get yellows for atleast 2 of the other incidents other than the possible red card one. No way that the only bookable offence was the elbow imo. Heck, even Tottenham fans can see this. If an Arsenal player escaped a red after all of that, we would be fuming.

Edited by Erikse

4 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

He's done it to me again.  I often think he is a bit below par, a poor game by his standards, even.  Then I watch his highlight reel back and realise he has just set the bar really high and is still so integral to basically everything we do on the ball. 

I think everyone was just rightly focused in on him being a mad bastad and the yellow/red card challenges.  That it's been forgotten that he quietly (outside of the mayhem he caused) had a very decent game. 

I think he should be retrospectively sent off twice, made to wear Dan Burn's clothes when not on the pitch and forced to apply Tindall's fake tan with his tongue.   Possibly then he'll learn to control his emotions 

“I’m not going to confirm whether there is or isn’t any release clause in Bruno or any other of our players’ contracts,” says Ashworth. “They’re all private and confidential.

“I can talk to you about the principles of release clauses. You can have a situation where a player may have a dream country or club that they want to play for and you can make it specific to them; (so) that it can sit outside of your competitors in the Premier League.

“Sometimes players are happy to sign a long-term contract but, if family situations change, they may want to experience something different. It’s not always just about the players wanting an exit.”

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

I've seen players get yellows for atleast 2 of the other incidents other than the possible red card one. No way that the only bookable offence was the elbow imo. Heck, even Tottenham fans can see this. If an Arsenal player escaped a red after all of that, we would be fuming.

Hang on, the last one where he actually get booked, the Arsenal player does exactly the same to him but it becomes playground rules where if someone cries they get the decision. If the second one is a yellow, which it strictly by the rules,  then the game gets abandoned for lack of players left on the pitch.

The first is a red if its deemed to have been forceful, seems like it wasn't.

17 minutes ago, madras said:

Hang on, the last one where he actually get booked, the Arsenal player does exactly the same to him but it becomes playground rules where if someone cries they get the decision. If the second one is a yellow, which it strictly by the rules,  then the game gets abandoned for lack of players left on the pitch.

The first is a red if its deemed to have been forceful, seems like it wasn't.

What? The Arsenal player gently pushed him at the stomach area, Bruno pushes him by the neck. It's like saying Casemiro should not be sent off (or even get a booking) for holding someone by their neck, because you don't get a booking for gently holding someones arm. Also, when he does several unnecessary things like this without a booking during the game, it can add up to a yellow. So 2 offences that are close to yellow could very well end up being a yellow, even if both offences were not a yellow by themselves.

Edited by Erikse

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Thought he was class apart from his desperate attempts to get sent off 

He was. Joelinton was monstrous but Bruno did the technical stuff so well, he played 3 passes that I don't think anyone else on the pitch could. Not necessarily because the passes were that difficult, but his ability to create the openings by using his skill on the ball and then to then play others in.

5 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

He was. Joelinton was monstrous but Bruno did the technical stuff so well, he played 3 passes that I don't think anyone else on the pitch could. Not necessarily because the passes were that difficult, but his ability to create the openings by using his skill on the ball and then to then play others in.

His ability to hold onto the ball under pressure and his ability to see a 20-30 yard pass, especially those along the ground that feed in our wide men are his best qualities. There’s no one else that comes close on either attribute 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

“I’m not going to confirm whether there is or isn’t any release clause in Bruno or any other of our players’ contracts,” says Ashworth. “They’re all private and confidential.

“I can talk to you about the principles of release clauses. You can have a situation where a player may have a dream country or club that they want to play for and you can make it specific to them; (so) that it can sit outside of your competitors in the Premier League.

“Sometimes players are happy to sign a long-term contract but, if family situations change, they may want to experience something different. It’s not always just about the players wanting an exit.”

eyebrow.thumb.webp.4409edccccca739b02b81b4e75b841dc.webp

15 minutes ago, Erikse said:

What? The Arsenal player gently pushed him at the stomach area, Bruno pushes him by the neck. It's like saying Casemiro should not be sent off (or even get a booking) for holding someone by their neck, because you don't get a booking for gently holding someones arm. Also, when he does several unnecessary things like this without a booking during the game, it can add up to a yellow. So 2 offences that are close to yellow could very well end up being a yellow, even if both offences were not a yellow by themselves.

Do you have access to BBC iplayers MotD ? Forward to 7mins 51secs and tell me where the Arsenal players hands go.

4 minutes ago, madras said:

Do you have access to BBC iplayers MotD ? Forward to 7mins 51secs and tell me where the Arsenal players hands go.

Yeah, my bad. Still looks like Bruno used more force with a straight arm.

Just now, Erikse said:

Yeah, my bad. Still looks like Bruno used more force with a straight arm.

It's like two players go shoulder to shoulder and the weaker one gets the decision. I agree that the booking was because of the previous incidents.

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Without saying it he's pretty much confirming there that Bruno's clause is specific to Spain / Madrid and/or Barca. 

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Without saying it he's pretty much confirming there that Bruno's clause is specific to Spain / Madrid and/or Barca. 

Which is fair enough really. Hard to imagine either of them being in for him this summer, but if we got £100m for him and it opened the door to another 3/4 major signings, then so be it.