Matt Targett

SUPERTOON

I don't think we should be obsessing about this alleged £100k wage figure. There's nothing solid to support it being true.

Edited by 80

11 minutes ago, 80 said:

I don't think we should be obsessing about this alleged £100k wage figure. There's nothing solid to support it being true.

I'm going to let it continue to keep me up at night until it's proven untrue. 

2 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

Yeah, your probably right but he was excellent the first season.  I thought it was a good fee when we signed him, I don't think many thought it wassn't.  Remember now 15M is basically a bang-average premier league player.

He was a good signing like. As others have said its a massive shame how many injuries he's had. Still think 15m is a stretch. If he's on 100k as reported then we'll do well to get anything for him tbh.

He'll be with us till summer 2026 when his contract ends. Even on a free no one would go anywhere near his wages here, and it's obvious that his injuries have robbed him of any pace he had in the few games he's played inbetween. 

[emoji38] love a classic Beth post. Robbed of his pace? He never had any pace and he’s not been match fit at any stage this season. He still has a career ahead of him at this level and will get picked up by a bottom five side. He wants to play football and won’t be happy being on the bench. I don’t see him staying because I don’t think Howe was ever that desperate to sign him and he’s not the answer in the long-term but I really don’t think he’s going to be that hard to shift 

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

[emoji38] love a classic Beth post. Robbed of his pace? He never had any pace and he’s not been match fit at any stage this season. He still has a career ahead of him at this level and will get picked up by a bottom five side. He wants to play football and won’t be happy being on the bench. I don’t see him staying because I don’t think Howe was ever that desperate to sign him and he’s not the answer in the long-term but I really don’t think he’s going to be that hard to shift 

Where do I start with this shite?

I said robbed him of any pace he had, in other words he's gone from being slow to very slow.

"He wants to play football and won't be happy being on the bench" - I'd be more than happy to be picking up 100k a week sitting on the bench instead of a third of that playing for Crystal Palace.

"He still has a career ahead of him" - Yes, a short one going off his age and injury record.

• 5 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

I thought he was back in training a few weeks ago? Don’t think he was even mentioned in the PC today 

They don’t mention him because he’s on 250k a week apparently 

also lost his pace

based upon the facts