sunderland in the EFL

Big River

The mackems’ Mt Rushmore is basically whichever 4 players scored winners or major goals most recently v us. So probably:

Nonceson 

Defoe

Richardson

Borini

2 hours ago, llcoolc157 said:

These clowns take the piss out of Shearer having a statue but ‘relegating’ us…

What the majority of the daft bastards fail to understand is that it was in fact Stokoe and not MacMenemy who was in charge when they were relegated to the 3rd Division for the first time in their history….

And if I’m correct Stokoe took charge of more games than Shearer over that interim period…. 

Absolutely nothing against Stokoe, a Newcastle cup winning hero but those idiots down the road are really fuckin clueless when it comes to their own history… or perhaps they just prefer to concentrate more on ours…

Mackems weren't in a relegation place when Stokoe took over. They even  had another bite if the cherry as third from bottom didn't mean automatic relegation. Gillingham beat them in the relegation/promotion play offs ??

8 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

North East Wooden Spoon derby.

Mackems aiming the make it 8 in row a probably a record.

If it was the other way around, we’d already know if it was a record or not.  There’d have been a six-month old featured on the front page of the Echo, after its ‘SAFC-obsessed dad’ had carved an amateur tattoo into its forehead stating ‘8 years in a rur’

10 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

I didn’t…..look at the quote in my post….your screenshot isn’t there?‍♂️

Think I did it at the same time you were replying. I'd forgot to add the screenshot ???

26 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

They could sell the silver flags to people to wrap their sandwiches in.

Or the great north run for blankets

See what I mean about them calling it quits then coming back. It was only 3 weeks ago they last called it quits.

Edit: Fuck you Frank.

Edited by Stifler

From own research, 8years of being the North East's 3rd team would equal the longest run, of ours actually, ending in 1948, if excluding the war league, but this would only be their seventh anyway.  Shows how much sequences mean outside of Wearside.

Boro have finished ahead of the mackems more than the mackems have finished ahead of them since the 1920s!  And bottom of the three 30 times to Boro 17 since the 60s.

58 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

From own research, 8years of being the North East's 3rd team would equal the longest run, of ours actually, ending in 1948, if excluding the war league, but this would only be their seventh anyway.  Shows how much sequences mean outside of Wearside.

Boro have finished ahead of the mackems more than the mackems have finished ahead of them since the 1920s!  And bottom of the three 30 times to Boro 17 since the 60s.

That Boro finishing above them more often over the past century stat is incredible mind, especially given that Boro have almost a 50:50 split between the top division and the second during that time.  

7 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Apparently he's shit anyway. Looked half decent against us, compared to the rest that is. 

To be fair all he did was run at defenders who backtracked away from him then had a couple of potshots.

Granted it was more than the rest of them did, but it's hardly a sign of quality. He didn't actually "do" anything that a pub level footballer couldn't have done.

(Not calling him a pub level player, just saying his 'positive contributions' against us didn't require any level of skill, just the ability to run forwards completely unopposed, and then kick a ball at the goal without scoring)