sunderland in the EFL

Big River

2 hours ago, jack j said:

Just looked and it's 14 years. Mental that

I was guessing 3-1 when shearer was Gaffa but then I remember a 2-0 in the championship with a text book shola header .

What year is it again?

51 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I was guessing 3-1 when shearer was Gaffa but then I remember a 2-0 in the championship with a text book shola header .

What year is it again?

2009/10. Last home and away games:

IMG_5391.thumb.png.7daf61d4b2d50158d89053f956330065.png

13 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

Was the main part of our songbook most the times I've been there.

Sung that on my first visit there. As a bairn. Did feel a bit 'should I be singing this?' at the time. That was bang in the thick of the era of all that though.

Different times. As pointed out above, even the most recent game there was. 

Edited by Jonas

21 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Tbf we’ve also done the ‘nonce’ chants at the smoggies

Oh aye, of course we have. There were major child abuse allegations towards certain Teeside doctors during the mid 80s. On one of my 1st visits to Ayresome Park I can remember Nik Kershaws hit "I won't let the sun go down on me" being adapted to "I won't let me dad go down on me" 

9 hours ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Oh aye, of course we have. There were major child abuse allegations towards certain Teeside doctors during the mid 80s. On one of my 1st visits to Ayresome Park I can remember Nik Kershaws hit "I won't let the sun go down on me" being adapted to "I won't let me dad go down on me" 

I remember renditions of Iron Maidens "Bring your daughter to the slaughter" as well.

The allegation were by doctors (Marrietta Higgs) about parents, satanic rituals iirc.

I was at Boro away when Mido chants led to some court cases for racism and banning orders being dished out. I’ve heard all the paedo songs too 

Certain sections of our away following are scum, seen some disgusting racism following NUFC. Mainly targeted at the general public just minding their own business near football grounds 

And this is in the last 20 years, not back in the 70’s & 80’s 

Edited by bobbydazzla

4 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

I was at Boro away when Mido chants led to some court cases for racism and banning orders being dished out. I’ve heard all the paedo songs too 

Certain sections of our away following are scum, seen some disgusting racism following NUFC. Mainly targeted at the general public just minding their own business near football grounds 

Definitely remember an awful chant at Coventry late 90s. Some scummy people about. 

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

Seem to remember our fans singing “Get your tits out for your dads” when they had the cheerleaders on the pitch one time. 

Sorry but 😂

Edited by Izakaya

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

The racist element to our support still exists, and it is fucking embarrassing that it does

The Mido stuff was a bit shite mind - it was clearly because he looked like Richard ‘the shoebomber’ Reid rather than the fact that Mido is a Muslim (which is what the Grauniad implied).  

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Definitely remember an awful chant at Coventry late 90s. Some scummy people about. 

Bradford too, drifting into early 00s. I also remember Coventry - that memory for me would've been 1999/00.

Tbh the main Mido chant I remember hearing when I was at the match was 'Mido is a paedo'.

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I was there in the 97/98 season and remember ‘town full of p***s’ from some of our lot.  Fucking embarrassing 

7 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Bradford too, drifting into early 00s. I also remember Coventry - that memory for me would've been 1999/00.

Tbh the main Mido chant I remember hearing when I was at the match was 'Mido is a paedo'.

Mido hes got a bomb ya know.  Was the one I remember being sang at the riverside

Wasnt a minority either...People trying to justify it cos he looked like Richard Reid the shoe bomber

5 minutes ago, jack j said:

Mido hes got a bomb ya know.  Was the one I remember being sang at the riverside

Wasnt a minority either...People trying to justify it cos he looked like Richard Reid the shoe bomber

I mean, that’s literally why they were singing it.  I never heard similar being chanted at any other player.  

I’m aware that doesn’t exactly mean that chanting it was fine and dandy, it was hardly in good taste, but it definitely was because they looked similar:IMG_7541.jpeg.3997a92c83ca4ddd0b1d6daa26d10628.jpeg

Edited by TheBrownBottle

5 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Seem to remember our fans singing “Get your tits out for your dads” when they had the cheerleaders on the pitch one time. 

A finger of fudge is just enough to give your kids a treat

Remember that one at the away match where Tino came on and won the game for us 

Edited by Orphanage
context

6 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I’ve been in both Aston and near Upton Park when black families going about their daily business were getting monkey noises made at them by sizeable groups of our lot

At Blackburn when people refused to be searched by a security guard because he was Asian

And at Wembley when anyone who wasn’t white and either played for Man Utd or was working in the ground was being verbally abused  

This is all in the relatively recent past, mid 00’s onwards 

Racist vermin using NUFC as an excuse to behave like scum 

Edited by bobbydazzla

6 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

I’ve been in both Aston and near Upton Park when black families going about their daily business were getting monkey noises made at them by sizeable groups of our lot

At Blackburn when people refused to be searched by a security guard because he was Asian

And at Wembley when anyone who wasn’t white and either played for Man Utd or was working in the ground was being verbally abused  

This is all in the relatively recent past, mid 00’s onwards 

Racist vermin using NUFC as an excuse to behave like scum 

Fucking hell. Grim as fuck that. How do people think they can just openly carry on like that.

I've seen some of ours in Aston chanting "we support our local team" at a group of Villa fans who didn't have white skin so clearly weren't local to the area. (Never mind that Aston is one of the most diverse areas of one of the most diverse cities in the country of course :facepalm:.)