Jump to content

sunderland in the EFL


Big River

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I see Coventry turned things around and won to push the Mackems down to 7th 

 

Battle for 6th is going to be close 

Haven’t the mackems got a really tough run of games around the corner? March is a tough month for them with Norwich, Cardiff and Southampton away and Leicester at home. April is Leeds, WBA and Wa Watford all away.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

 

The stunning lack of matchday revenue compared to those sides is your problem.(Southampton 842k, Leeds 1.2m, Leicester 589k Mackems 413k)

That's it, the actual proof is in the lack of cash

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

That's it, the actual proof is in the lack of cash

But but but....KLD is loaded and will make us NETD. Said every RTG member ever. And back in the real world they find KLD is a totally skint mummy's boy who probably earns less per week than Jack Clarke

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chris_R said:

 

I've been to Plymouth away twice, once in fhe FA cup for a 0-0 bore draw, then later in the same season to see us lift the Championship trophy, same match which relegated Plymouth to L1.

 

Considering we relegated them, they were first class. They played us "We are the Champions", completely tolerated our pitch invasion, many stayed back and clapped our team during our promotion walkaround, and were far more gracious as hosts than they had any right to be. For that reason, personally I've always had a soft spot for them ever since and kept an eye on how they've been doing. They were top notch that day.

 

Considering I don't think we've played them since (correct me if I'm wrong!), I'm not sure how they could hate us. Maybe one or 2 fans are salty over us winning the league in their back yard and sending them down, but it certainly didn't come across as the overwhelming feeling of their fanbase on the day.

 

Almost as if the mackems are completely making stuff up? But they wouldn't do that, would they....?

Cannot let things like that that actually happened (Bilbao) or having played Plymouth four times in the last 33years get in the way of, apparently, a Plymouth fan  having enough experience to formulate an irrefutable view on Newcastle fans that hasn't wavered in 14years.

 

They're the masters at claiming the most pathetic victories mind. Living vicariously through Pickford and Henderson, having a player whose brother is really good, a sequence of wins hitherto never counted and real or otherwise fans of other clubs we have barely played and have zero connection with not liking us. The only point any of that proves is how tragic they are.

 

 

Edited by Wolfcastle

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

But but but....KLD is loaded and will make us NETD. Said every RTG member ever. And back in the real world they find KLD is a totally skint mummy's boy who probably earns less per week than Jack Clarke

Aye it's weird with him. If they didn't win the jackpot selling Drogba they would be fucked 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FloydianMag said:

40K 🤣

IMG_0206.jpeg


I initially gave them the benefit of the doubt that the rest of the ground not in shot was as sparsely filled as what I’d shown as even that would be nowhere near 40K.

 

But the state of this. :lol: 

 

32K tops.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What makes me laugh is that they have weekly threads on their match attendances. It's more than obvious that their actual attendances are nowhere near the amount released by the club, When someone actually states this, they come back with tickets sold. It's quite obvious this is not the case, as there is no way up to 5,000 actual tickets sold are missing each game. They're obviously counting tickets given to schools/universities/local businesses within the announced total. Their attendance revenue within their annual accounts demonstrates this also. There are even some midweek games that are nearer to half full (excuses of too cold/Nissan nightshift are then trotted out). 

 

 

Edited by et tu brute

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

What makes me laugh is that they have weekly threads on their match attendances. It's more than obvious that their actual attendances are nowhere near the amount released by the club, When someone actually states this, they come back with tickets sold. It's quite obvious this is not the case, as there is no way up to 5,000 actual tickets sold are missing each game. They're obviously counting tickets given to schools/universities/local businesses within the announced total. Their attendance revenue within their annual accounts demonstrates this also. There are even some midweek games are nearer to half full (excuses of to cold/Nissan overtime are then trotted out). 

Mind as we get to April the wedding season will commence!

Link to post
Share on other sites

At least 5000 every game is away fans because it's their cup final to play a club thats done nothing in their lifetimes. 

Surely thats not bullshit too.

 

 

Edited by Jonas

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

 

The stunning lack of matchday revenue compared to those sides is your problem.(Southampton 842k, Leeds 1.2m, Leicester 589k Mackems 413k)

How do Leeds produce that much match day revenue? The stadium is completely dilapidated? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

How do Leeds produce that much match day revenue? The stadium is completely dilapidated? 

 

A quick look on their site and apart from the Family bit which is £35, the other tickets are around the £45 mark. Majority of Sunderland tickets looking on their site for Swansea are about £29-32.

 

Said all along, their pricing isn't a bad thing but if their ticket prices matched what some other clubs in their league charged, I'd be surprised if they got anywhere near 40,000.

 

 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Cannot let things like that that actually happened (Bilbao) or having played Plymouth four times in the last 33years get in the way of, apparently, a Plymouth fan  having enough experience to formulate an irrefutable view on Newcastle fans that hasn't wavered in 14years.

 

They're the masters at claiming the most pathetic victories mind. Living vicariously through Pickford and Henderson, having a player whose brother is really good, a sequence of wins hitherto never counted and real or otherwise fans of other clubs we have barely played and have zero connection with not liking us. The only point any of that proves is how tragic they are.

 

 

 

Their recent victory was how the Bellingham’s are what we said the Longstaff’s would be. The way they go on about Jude Bellingham is nothing short of embarrassing. :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Danh1 said:

Their recent victory was how the Bellingham’s are what we said the Longstaff’s would be. The way they go on about Jude Bellingham is nothing short of embarrassing. :lol: 

and the fact that both longstaffs actually played (and scored winners against so called big 6 teams) for us.

how is it anywhere similar.

ffs [emoji38]

they really are unhinged.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

 

A quick look on their site and apart from the Family bit which is £35, the other tickets are around the £45 mark. Majority of Sunderland tickets looking on their site for Swansea are about £29-32.

 

Said all along, their pricing isn't a bad thing but if their ticket prices matched what some other clubs in their league charged, I'd be surprised if they got anywhere near 40,000.

 

 

 

Just a thought but if they are inflating their attendance figure might the Tax Authorities be in the right to ask what have they done with the income earned from such high attendances?

Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Just a thought but if they are inflating their attendance figure might the Tax Authorities be in the right to ask what have they done with the income earned from such high attendances?

Cant imagine HMRC care about their fantasies, its not like they are hiding any cash

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

For actual fan attendance figures just look at this and then go find photos of that game and compare the photo to the Newcastle game…..IMG_7829.thumb.png.3f6cf7d0dc0f0cf404d751f52afd6e36.png

Nissan must have made loads of cars the night of the Crewe game 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It 's laughable when you see those attendance figures after watching highlights of their games, with the mass gaps of seats in full display. It's even funnier when they continuously bang the drum using those figures, when it's blatantly obvious to everyone that they're a load of shit. Seats sold my fucking arse. 

 

 

Edited by et tu brute

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...