sunderland in the EFL

Big River

29 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Another humiliation of Heckingbottom would be good, 0-6 this time to take away any of their shit crack about 6 in a row.

I can still recall the delight of singing ‘Watford 8 bastards 0, hallelujah’. Would prefer that scoreline and some kind of (unwanted) record for Heckingbottom. 

24 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

We've sold Stewart for 10 million and he hadn't kicked a ball for nearly a year, He's now fucked again at Southampton. Apart from him, Who have we sold?

It's a myth we haven't spent money. We don't have parachute money to chuck 10s of millions at people, But we have spent money.

How are you feeling about the change of manager? But too reactive? Or right decision in the medium/long term? 

Just now, OverThere said:

So you sold Stewart for 10 and spent about 8. If the strategy is slow organic growth with youngsters then that will take years and requires patience from the fans. You don't have the patience given after one year in the Champo expectation seems to be to get promoted. Like I said I don't see how Speakman playing moneyball and the expectation of the fans aligns at all.

We need to sell to reinvest and we are growing players to be sellable assets, Football is mental now whereby you can get 30 million for a promising youngster which then totally transforms how you can operate in the window.

Regardless of the fact we haven't made a huge sale yet to be able to massively reinvest, The team we have is better than 9th with 10 points from 11 games. Mowbray was never the long term appointment, He was a stop gap to stabalise and he's done exactly that. I would much prefer the club being proactive than reactive.

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

How are you feeling about the change of manager? But too reactive? Or right decision in the medium/long term? 

Right timing for me, If he stayed we would just be solidifying another season in the Championship and not threatening the playoffs. The form and performances have dipped off a cliff and he is never going to be the long term answer.

We are relatively safe this season from any threat of relegation so why not take a punt on a manager that could put a run together and fits in with your 'longer term' vision.

I think it looks harsher than what it is because he's one of only a select few managers that have left after doing a decent job. Have to trust the recruitment team and owner, They haven't got a lot wrong since taking full control.

Edited by TeddySAFC

From the outside looking in it seems that there were some politics at play as well, Mowbray making negative comments about the project and board probably sealed his fate.

His replacement will be interesting. Will it be someone fitting with their philosophy or will they go for another manager like Mowbray; who, whilst he done a good job there, wasn’t exactly the same forward thinking of appointments. 

10 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

From the outside looking in it seems that there were some politics at play as well, Mowbray making negative comments about the project and board probably sealed his fate.

His replacement will be interesting. Will it be someone fitting with their philosophy or will they go for another manager like Mowbray; who, whilst he done a good job there, wasn’t exactly the same forward thinking of appointments. 

Agreed.

I think they wanted shot in the summer but performances and then his behaviour this season has been odd to say the least. Some of his recent press conferences have been mental to say the least.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Mackem at work isn't happy about this at all. He's been consistent all season that they're simply a half decent striker away from competing and that the football they play is good. 

We are a decent striker away from competing at the higher end and our football is good, but he also has 10 points from 11 games. His in-game tactical decisions are shite, None of his subs ever impact games and we massively struggle to adapt unless Plan A is going well. We are also easy to play against and concede shit, sloppy goals every week.

There's better managers out there than Mowbray, We just need to get one.

Edited by TeddySAFC

As far as I can see Mowbray was Speakman's shield just as we had numerous arse lickers to protect Ashley and Potato Heed. Given Speakman is trying to be too clever by half and failed to get in a striker which lunatic would take over that job? The fans are not patient enough so the manager has to take a bunch of crap for Speakman's money ball strategy? Sounds like a thankless task to me.

If they were going to go for Farioli and now he's tearing it up, I'd assume they've got a lot of regret there so I would imagine they'll go for another young progressive coach, possibly with a fancy foreign name and nice haircut, rather than a PFM type.

16 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Agreed.

I think they wanted shot in the summer but performances and then his behaviour this season has been odd to say the least. Some of his recent press conferences have been mental to say the least.

Go on...

12 minutes ago, OverThere said:

As far as I can see Mowbray was Speakman's shield just as we had numerous arse lickers to protect Ashley and Potato Heed. Given Speakman is trying to be too clever by half and failed to get in a striker which lunatic would take over that job? The fans are not patient enough so the manager has to take a bunch of crap for Speakman's money ball strategy? Sounds like a thankless task to me.

Failed to get a striker in? We've signed 4.

@TeddySAFC how confident are you that the ownership / senior management structure have a good plan in place for longer term promotion? Are they working towards it by a certain date and will view a manager as failure if they don’t get there within a season or two? I ask just because the championship is extremely competitive, more than ever really with a number of clubs being able to spend big money. You’re against the odds to come back up soon so I thought a bit of stability would have been welcome. Nothing wrong with ambition if they make the right decisions though 

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Go on...

He said prior to the Millwall game that 'the foreign lads sometimes don't understand him', - He says shite like this all the time without seemingly doing anything to remediate it. 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

@TeddySAFC how confident are you that the ownership / senior management structure have a good plan in place for longer term promotion? Are they working towards it by a certain date and will view a manager as failure if they don’t get there within a season or two? I ask just because the championship is extremely competitive, more than ever really with a number of clubs being able to spend big money. You’re against the odds to come back up soon so I thought a bit of stability would have been welcome. Nothing wrong with ambition if they make the right decisions though 

I trust them, They've earned it.

They want promotion, How easy is it? Probably very difficult but they are sticking to their plan and thats all you can ask.

Just now, BullyDogs said:

Not 1 of them has scored though have they and from what ive seen they are way below even championship level

So we didn't fail to get a striker in, We have four and we had a manager who hasn't been getting the best out of any of them.

10 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

He said prior to the Millwall game that 'the foreign lads sometimes don't understand him', - He says shite like this all the time without seemingly doing anything to remediate it. 

Aye that's an odd thing to be putting out there. 

Just now, TeddySAFC said:

Oh because OverThere hasn't heard of them, it means they are shite. [emoji38]

No because they haven't scored, don't look like scoring ever and are well below Championship level.

Not sure how that gets you into a promotion spot.  Now you will likely get a foreign manager and play a bunch of young foreign kids in a craphole of a place that hates foreigners and where barely anyone speaks other languages.

Again, the strategy is madness: Sunderland is a long, long way from Brighton in so many ways.

Just now, OverThere said:

No because they haven't scored, don't look like scoring ever and are well below Championship level.

Not sure how that gets you into a promotion spot.  Now you will likely get a foreign manager and play a bunch of young foreign kids in a craphole of a place that hates foreigners and where barely anyone speaks other languages.

Again, the strategy is madness: Sunderland is a long, long way from Brighton in so many ways.

You haven't got a clue what you are talking about man, 3 out of the 4 strikers we have haven't been fit and have a collective total of around 4 starts between them.

As for your second paragraph, Have a word with yourself, idiot.

12 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

You haven't got a clue what you are talking about man, 3 out of the 4 strikers we have haven't been fit and have a collective total of around 4 starts between them.

As for your second paragraph, Have a word with yourself, idiot.

Any of them showed anything at your club or their previous to make you think they'll make it ?

The 4 SAFC Season card holders I work with don't think so. They reckon 2 forwards with some experiwnce and presence is a minimum  for January.

Edited by madras